Youth Hacks CIA email

AlTech

You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be quoted on the LinusTechTips forums.

You have the right to a Moderator.

Alright, shits and giggles aside that was actually a great intro.

The UK Police have arrested a teen that they believe hacked the CIA's emails. Boo hoo. CIA's not too happy.

Image courtesy of iVerge.

iverge.PNG.a117b7d5d3a32cee1e44088f518b5

Police in the UK, in coordination with the FBI, have reportedly arrested a teenager alleged to be the leader of the hacktivist group "Crackas With Attitude,"

Motherboard reports

. The group took credit for compromising CIA director

John Brennan’s personal email account

, as well as accessing

accounts associated with James Clapper

, the director of National Intelligence. The police agency — the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit — wouldn’t confirm the name of the 16-year-old or whether the arrest was made over those specific incidents.

The teenager told Motherboard, however, that the police are accusing him of using the name "Cracka" to carry out attacks on not only Brennan, but also on White House officials, and of a recent hack on the Department of Justice that led to the release of names and contact information for nearly 30,000 FBI and DHS employees. The teenager told Motherboard that he was not Cracka.

What's with everyone trying to be a rebel these day? Seriously. I'm gonna add to the list of things not to do.

Don't do drugs, Don't do piracy, Don't do hacking and Don't get arrested...... kids.

Leave a comment below!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/12/10978670/uk-cracka-hacker-us-government

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

48 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

No shit they're gonna arrest someone who could possibly be a suspect in commiting a damn crime.

Gotta admit, dat intro was good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This is what I think whenever something like this comes up.

"Success! We have secured the enemy intelligence!"

No shit!

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

What's with everyone trying to be a rebel these day? Seriously. I'm gonna add to the list of things not to do.

Don't do drugs, Don't do piracy, Don't do hacking and Don't get arrested...... kids.

Leave a comment below!

Yeah I don't get people these days acting like a bunch of wannabe rebels. If anything, it's better to abide by the laws set forth by the government unless they're really doing something fucked up because at the end of the day, it's not worth it to have the authorities at your fucking front door.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

2 hours ago, KemoKa said:

They should hire him, because even though he might not have been smart enough to not get caught, he's still certainly more clever than they are if he bested their "intelligence security".

Just like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (if anyone watches that show...)

Wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't find the real culprit, and decided to fabricate evidence and blame some random person. How can they get away with it you ask? Well "that's classified, the evidence is classified, the court hearing is classified, he's going to gitmo".  etc etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

7 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

No shit!

Yeah I don't get people these days acting like a bunch of wannabe rebels. If anything, it's better to abide by the laws set forth by the government unless they're really doing something fucked up because at the end of the day, it's not worth it to have the authorities at your fucking front door.

It is already starting then. They can just go ahead and do whatever the fuck they want and we will be just accept it... I mean seriously wtf people. We wouldn't even be able to talk like that were it not for some "rebels".

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

I don't get it.

Why is the hacker in the picture not wearing hacking gloves?

Well, rekt :3

This proves everything can be hacked i think...

Next target: the nsa! :D Just imagine what would happen if someone hacks it.

Oh wait we already know that thanks to snowden, but still i'm really wondering what would happen.

I won't even be suprised if a hack and leaked information starts WW3.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hacking is always a great hobby :P

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

5 hours ago, Svinsparbriivu said:

I don't get it.

Why is the hacker in the picture not wearing hacking gloves?

Because they googled an image for "person uses 10 year old thinkpad laptop" :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

a lot of employees at the CIA were people who got caught hacking the CIA and then offered a job

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

a lot of employees at the CIA were people who got caught hacking the CIA and then offered a job

Don't all companies sorta practice the same? If not, these figureheads would start their own cyber security company.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

On 2/13/2016 at 11:07 AM, Fetzie said:

Because they googled an image for "person uses 10 year old thinkpad laptop" :)

Damn that's on my desk right now... get rekd CIA. 

Im a hacker and a maker, i rip open electronical devices and Force them to obey my will. I use soldering irons and My knowledge on electronics to do so, those who steal personal information, they are putting us under a bad ligth, giving us who do nothing wrong å bad rep!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Lmao this is why you don't group hack

just like with Sabu the minute you hit high-profile targets, gov is gonna be looking for snitches.  No amount of SSH tunnels and proxies will protect you from that.

also I love how media labels SE people as L33T H@XX0Rz...

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

2 hours ago, Strando123 said:

Im a hacker and a maker, i rip open electronical devices and Force them to obey my will. I use soldering irons and My knowledge on electronics to do so, those who steal personal information, they are putting us under a bad ligth, giving us who do nothing wrong å bad rep!

I don't see how they put us on a bad light, i'd actually give them my full support

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I don't see how they put us on a bad light, i'd actually give them my full support

Media uses this as an opportunity to brainwash the masses with their "all hacking is bad hacking" bullshit, wich in turn leads to the public not knowing the difference between good and creative hacking and crimminal hacking.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Media uses this as an opportunity to brainwash the masses with their "all hacking is bad hacking" bullshit, wich in turn leads to the public not knowing the difference between good and creative hacking and crimminal hacking.

eeeeeeeee don't really care about public opinions, what they did still is cool IMO

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Was this a hack or social engineering.  

Magical Pineapples

10 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Was this a hack or social engineering.  

it was pure SE

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions