Xbox owners are buthurt that Quantum Break is coming to PC (Not all of them)

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

It seems everyone hates exclusivity, unless they’re the ones to benefit from it. PC gamers like it when there aren’t console ports of their games and it seems console gamers are just the same, as a number of Xbox One players have lashed out at Xbox head Phil Spencer after it was announced that third-person shooter, Quantum Break, was also going to be released on PC.

The big annoyance for Xbox fans is apparently that there isn’t much point in buying an Xbox One if the games they thought would be exclusive are also on PC. Indeed that’s been a solid message this generation, as cross-platform releases have been rather common, but Spencer’s response has been that Microsoft isn’t looking to build walls, just great games.

Others were annoyed that the announcement of another version of Quantum Break was coming so late in the day. Why wait until just a month before release to announce a PC version too?

When asked what was the point of owning an Xbox One when so many games were also going to PC, Spencer countered that the Xbox One was a lot cheaper than a fully-fledged gaming PC and that some people liked the different experiences. He also suggested that there was no downside to games being available on more platforms, as it meant more people could play them.

He went on to say that Microsoft was looking to make cross-buy games far more common and would start with Quantum Break. If you buy a copy on either PC or Xbox One, you can play it on the other

The games still exclusive to Microsoft. All these xbox "fan boys" fail to realise what the xbox is. Its a stripped down windows PC. Hell even xbox one demos at e3 before the system was released would crash to windows desktops.

EDIT : Polygon did a better job explaining how ridiculous this sounds  : http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966970/xbox-one-anger-quantum-break

Source : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-12-not-everyones-thrilled-with-microsofts-quantum-break-pc-announcement

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

You want to know the no1. reason they are pissed? Because people who own a PS4 and a PC can now partake in their precious exclusives. It's a fanboy thing. Simple as that.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Its simply staggering how if you get an exclusive on a rival console the ones on the "winning" side are meh good for me I guess the ones on the "losing" side are bitter

But if a former console exclusive is coming to PC (frankly as I see it not even a competing product) everyone is pissed off.

Its as if they are pissed off we have a more "premium" experience then they can manage and therefore are pissed that we can have anything they do.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

i dont get it wouldnt it be a great thing to know that more people will have the chance to share the same great experience that you had. the whole concept of exlusives baffles me. i think games should be made if the budget allows for it all consoles if not then do what you can the more people can play it the better and the more people can play it the more likely it is they will recomend it to their friends and their friends friends etc etc etc

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Screeninator:  Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
Powermathingy: EVGA 500W
Stickaminator: Crucial 16GB 「4x4GB」DDR3-1600
Procrastinator: Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Holdametalicizor:  Corsair 200R 
Noisoundacreator:  Razer kracken pro
Attatchamajiggy :  Asrock H97 Anniversairy ATX LGA1150
Remembrerthing:  i've got a-lot of drives
Flat-Colorful-Thing:  LG not actually sure the model of it
See-A-Move-O: Razer Mamba 2012
ButtonBoard:  Razer Deathstalker 

I won't defend anyone on here and I haven't had a console since 360, but I would be upset if I had made the choice to buy a console due to promised exclusives and they ended up not being exclusive.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

TBH I just don't understand this, the more platforms they sell it on the more money the game devs make, in turn means more games they make means more games to play....  We are all gamers and the basic point of it is we want games to play,

3 minutes ago, KRFenigma said:

TBH I just don't understand this, the more platforms they sell it on the more money the game devs make, in turn means more games they make means more games to play....  We are all gamers and the basic point of it is we want games to play,

exactly.

this would be like us getting pissed about the number of titles getting ported to Linux because we want windows to remain the only viable gaming platform.

I think what it is is that they are insecure about their purchase of the console. So they don't just want great games to play. They want to know that nobody else has access to those games. This helps them feel ok about their purchase.

The game looks terrible anyway. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I won't defend anyone on here and I haven't had a console since 360, but I would be upset if I had made the choice to buy a console due to promised exclusives and they ended up not being exclusive.

Here is my though on it, the thought process behind buying a system, be it PS, Xbox or PC because of an "exclusive" game should be the last thing on the list, buying a PS cos it has an exclusive title seems like a bad idea if all your friends play on Xbox or PC, the fun your going to lose out on is way more than what you will gain.

Lol a 4790 and 980Ti/Fury X to play, I am going to ask this Phil guy how does a modified APU compare to a 980Ti and 4790, or if these are meant for 4k benchmarks

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i'm sorry, this is too good not to post it here. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

The main problem here is that they didn't announce this in time. They wanted people to think the game was an exclusive so that they would buy the console itself. Now that they conned people into buying their shitty consoles there's no point in keeping it an exclusive because if it's out on windows as well then it'll make more money.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

The game looks terrible anyway. 

giphy.gif

Probably one of the best looking games out there with very polished shooter mechanics, but there's always that one guy.

Good guy Phil Spencer and Microsoft couldn't care less, they make more money releasing the game on both platforms, everyone except the fanboy plebs is happy. Fortunately they'll release many more of their games on both platforms (KI, Halo Wars, Gears UE & 4 (probably), Sea of Thieves and ReCore).

144Hz goodness

10 minutes ago, KRFenigma said:

Here is my though on it, the thought process behind buying a system, be it PS, Xbox or PC because of an "exclusive" game should be the last thing on the list, buying a PS cos it has an exclusive title seems like a bad idea if all your friends play on Xbox or PC, the fun your going to lose out on is way more than what you will gain.

LoL, buying a console in general is the last thing on my list.

True, but what if you were buying a console when it first released and none of your friends had one, or had any plans on which one to get yet?

I'm really not targeting the consumer in this situation, I just think it's wrong for a company to promise something and then not follow through.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

While a lot of what of those people are saying are irational nonsense, some have a valid point. If a game is going to be on other platforms, it needs to be announced immediately, even if one console is getting it 1st. People buy a console if they think that it will be the only way to play a certain game they want. Waiting this long to announce this game is coming to PC is wrong and misleading.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

well we hate it when consoles get games WAY BEFORE US. because consoles obviously don't deserve games if they cap it at 30FPS and 720p.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, ivhyn said:

giphy.gif

Probably one of the best looking games out there with very polished shooter mechanics, but there's always that one guy.

Good guy Phil Spencer and Microsoft couldn't care less, they make more money releasing the game on both platforms, everyone except the fanboy plebs is happy. Fortunately they'll release many more of their games on both platforms (KI, Halo Wars, Gears UE & 4 (probably), Sea of Thieves and ReCore).

That's a pretty funny joke. The game looks like Infamous with guns and that was a terrible game too. Lol @ best looking game and great shooting mechanics. Warp, shoot, take cover and wait for regenerating health. Rinse and repeat. Its hilarious that people.are up on arms over trash like this.

I saw this on reddit this morning. This is beyond ridiculous as much as it is hilarious.