But why? Nvidia launches GT 710 Graphics Card

Talk about wasted money. Everything I can think of worth that amount of money is money better spent.

And there is the answer to your question.

actually they are great cards for cheep htpc, take an old unused system and get one of these job done i had 2 an old amd 64 from a relative and and old pentium 4 system both 10+ years old both ran kodi and played 1080p lossless flawlessly 1 one doubled up as a NAS for all my films and TV .

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

True, I'd probably just go second hand, but for some reason not all people want to do that, so I guess this card might make sense for them.

I found over 500 available graphics cards with an HDMI 1.4 port and over 200 cards with HDMI 2.0, so 4K playback isn't a problem at all.

Cards like the GT710 already exist. The GT610 for example, or AMD's HD lineup.

To be fair the GT710 delivers pretty good value at only $30, so it wouldn't be a bad choice. I guess after all you're right.

Anyone notice a major difference between Asus and Evga's compare to the rest of the other GT710s. They're physically set to run at PCIe x8, the length of the contact is not x16. Physial x16 slot, will accept a x8 card, so no problems there.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

yeah, nothing new here - this card has been OEM in some PC's for over a year now. I bought one at the high price of a cup of coffee.

not a terrible little card though and I did managed to overclock mine by 300mhz...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

no place in new systems.

if you take the price of this and a cpu you will use with it, you can get a better performing pc with just put that money in to a cpu with integrated gpu

but everyone her probably know that, or they should at least know that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I like the look of the EVGA one :P Might get one for troubleshooting older rigs or something :P

Or you can get something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Dell-ATI-Radeon-X600-SE-128-MB-PCI-E-x16-DVI-Video-Graphics-Card-H9142-/131615678440?hash=item1ea4e7dfe8:g:NGwAAOSwWnFWCuHB :P

But, honestly I have one, it cost less than 10 bucks and can output 1920x1200

Building a monster rig, don't yet have the money for GTX 980.

This card would work in a pinch until you got the funds. 30$ is a drop in the bucket.

Also makes for a decent HTPC card.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I like the look of the EVGA one :P Might get one for troubleshooting older rigs or something :P

Why would you even need active cooling on a GPU like this? lol

Why would you even need active cooling on a GPU like this? lol

A lot of small cases or older machines (where this is aimed I think) may not have enough airflow to cool a passive card. I know 25 watts isn't much power, but ask new macbook owners how that thermal throttling is and you'll see why.

A lot of small cases or older machines (where this is aimed I think) may not have enough airflow to cool a passive card. I know 25 watts isn't much power, but ask new macbook owners how that thermal throttling is and you'll see why.

Good point.

It is secretly a Pascal Titan but since no one who knows anything about graphics cards will buy it, we'll never know.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Can you really complain about it when it is only 30-40$?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Ultra low end graphic cards are still useful. I recently resurrected a core2 Quad computer for my brother, and luckily I had an old HD7750 kicking around to replace the dead graphic card in it, or I would have had to buy something like a GT710 - because the PC is being used as an HTPC of sorts and doesn't need anything more than that.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

GT210 replacement?

Finally???

GT 610 already existed. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I have a low end card in an htpc of mine. It supports 4k, and it is capable of smooth playback. 

Oh yeah, well I have a pretty decent Intel iGPU in my Surface Pro and it can't play 4K worth shit!

...Huh. Fair point Nvidia. [Might possibly be the WiFi card limit though... I don't have any local 4K files to test]

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

EVGA-GeForce-GT-710_SL_1-635x635.jpg

Is it bottleneck my 5 years PC? *yandere smiles*

Seriously, why that company (Nvidia) want to making this????

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Linus is going to have a fun time reviewing yet another joke of a video card.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

oWuJaKd.png

Huh. I might just owe @Sakkura a slight apology after all, lol. Only fate can be so unkind to wait until i use a GT class card in an analogy only to strike me down literally days later. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

GT 610 already existed.

GT 610 was more expencive (last time i checked), 710 is the same 30$ as a 210.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Its a cheap way to have multiple monitors in an aging system.

Well, I'll just leave Linus' thoughts below (skip to 4:10 for the tl;dw):

Also, Luke just made a follow-up video on Vessel. Keep an eye out for it.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P