Comcast at it again, this time with popups.

I got the arris surfboard this past weekend, and made sure its "speeds" available eclipsed the speeds from my xfinity services by a good amount. 

The xfinity tech also accidentally disconnected my parents' cable when hooking up mine(dual accounts for the home) and was unreachable, and the 24hr hotline wanted to have us wait 3-4 days for a tech to come out and fix it...my parents canceled their account the next day =D 

Also until my 30 day "trial" is up im apparently capped at 60mbps down and 6 up. with any luck itll go up to the 250 down and whatever up its supposed to be. i might just cancel right before the 30 days if they keep me on the economy crap the entire time.

Chief of the Red Hands multi-gaming group

Wanna hear a joke?

American ISPs

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

America's Telstra at its finest.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This shit should not be legal. They would never get away this that crap in NZ (thank god for that)!

i wish there was a risitas parody about comcast

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

:huh: Here if you sign a contract you get it for free and after 24 months ( or 12) you basically paid for it and ISP doesn't care, it's outdated anyway.

Here (atleast Comcast) you pay $10-15/month for 'equipment rental fee' for the modem. Even after 3+ years the charge is the same if not more. The actual modem comcast uses only cost ~$80 at Best Buy or Amazon and there are even cheaper options available that technically should work.

Sometimes they even have the testes to charge an extra $10/month for what was originally advertised as a free* wifi extender. We had no issues with wifi range but the rep came, drilled a hole in my wall, and installed it anyway. All the while repeatedly saying it's free. Next bill = $120 installation fee and $10/month rental fee...FOR A FAT UGLY BLACK BOX THAT TAKES UP TWO OUTLETS!

Comcast is the one company I hope burns to the ground O.o

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Here (atleast Comcast) you pay $10-15/month for 'equipment rental fee' for the modem. Even after 3+ years the charge is the same if not more. The actual modem comcast uses only cost ~$80 at Best Buy or Amazon and there are even cheaper options available that technically should work.

Sometimes they even have the testes to charge an extra $10/month for what was originally advertised as a free* wifi extender. We had no issues with wifi range but the rep came, drilled a hole in my wall, and installed it anyway. All the while repeatedly saying it's free. Next bill = $120 installation fee and $10/month rental fee...FOR A FAT UGLY BLACK BOX THAT TAKES UP TWO OUTLETS!

Comcast is the one company I hope burns to the ground O.o

Here modem is free, but you can rent a wireless router for 2.5 eur a month.

GtU5eZ9.png

F4Kjk4Y.png

It's some Technicolor dual-band router. So you pretty much save money by renting it, if it doesn't suck.

That's a 300Mbps plan btw.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Surely this should be totally illegal. Obscuring someones internet viewing just because they aren't using your expensive equipment to use a service they are ALREADY paying for?

Hope someone places a lawsuit against comcast for this.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It's some Technicolor dual-band router. So you pretty much save money by renting it, if it doesn't suck.

Before dual modem/routers were common the procedure would be rent modem from carrier and buy your own router. The current version comcast sells has wireless included and supports multiple ranges but still crappy compared to router options from Asus for example.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

GtU5eZ9.png

F4Kjk4Y.png

Well I've got an ADSL2 router made by them, and it only cost $10 up front. Plus it beats the crap out of my $200 D-Link 5GHz ADSL2 router in range and reliability. So I'd say technicolour routers are good.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

K, suddenly i'm a lot happier with my ISP!

I have a free modem, it's still property of the ISP but that's good because if it's broken i bring it to a shop and get a brand new one, for free of course :D

And it has wireless 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and 4 lan-ports for television and internet. Sooo i'm suddenly a lot happier!

Never had to rent a modem btw, always got it for free from the ISP and they would replace it if needed. It did only have 1 LAN port years ago but still, free!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Wow, even showing the popups on your mobile devices? Comcast is literally worst than Norton at annoying users. And I actually like Norton, so I know full well how annoying it can be in the last month of your subscription.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

:huh: Here if you sign a contract you get it for free and after 24 months ( or 12) you basically paid for it and ISP doesn't care, it's outdated anyway.

It's the same where I'm from, and most of the time they're not actually that bad (This really only applies to fibre modems though). Where abouts are you, ZetZet?

Why are these American ISP's so much more worse than the UK ones?

I've had no problems with Sky since I've been with them :/

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

It's the same where I'm from, and most of the time they're not actually that bad (This really only applies to fibre modems though). Where abouts are you, ZetZet?

It's in my signature bro

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

After reading about American and Australian ISPs on this forum, I am much happier with my ISP. We pay 15$ a month with discounts for VDSL and we got their modem for 50$ for forever without any additional fees. It is crappy (firmware is derpy and has messy UI, only 100Mbit switch, only 2.4GHz g wifi), but it gets the job done and it is stable.

I only experienced one internet outtage and it wasnt even the ISPs fault and I almost always have the full speeds.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Why are americans' still putting up with this shit ?

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Does this still happen if you 

use a VPN? 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Does this still happen if you

use a VPN?

This only works when you're visiting insecure web pages through an insecure channel. If the web page or channel is secure, or if both are, then they cannot inject their content into the webpages.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

One time I contacted them about not getting the speed I pay for, and they said that my modem wasn't fast enough for my plan. I get 150, 20, and my modem supports up to 300. I showed them the product page, and they still didn't believe me. They wanted me to rent one of theirs (that was a lower model) because "mine wasn't fast enough". And thus, why I call them ComCrap now.

Oh btw does anyone here have the surfboard because I was interested in how it runs and if there are any installation steps that are not straight forward (for comcast)

Yep, its easy. Call them and wait 2 hours, but realize you don't need to, install the thing while being pissed, and BAM you got internet. I bought mine at target, pretty good deal.

If I were with Comcast, I'd not only buy a new modem but I'd be buying a third-party router as well.