Comcast at it again, this time with popups.

I got there all in one modem, Not bad speeds 175mbps when im paying for 105mbps BUT! every fucking month it lowers to 0.2mbps for a week i have no idea why then i get my bill pay it then im at 175mbps again. Even tho this pisses me off im gonna stick with them cause there is no other option in this shitty area.

>Comcast Throttles Loyal Customers 

7fa1289aa54a1f227564d1646fb06233.png

| NZXT H440 | AOC e2450Swd, AOC 2436V, RCA 42" LED TV | AMD 8320E | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 |MSI GeForce GTX 960 Titanium OC 4GB | Corsair CX 750 | 3 TB WD Green and PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Ramaxel RMR5030ME68F9F1600 - 4GBx2 |Logitech G710+|Logitech G502 | Astro A40 | Blue Snowball Ice |

Are we sure that the person that received this popup wasn't using an older docsis 2.0 modem like this gem that was super popular?

419U2mj64AL.jpg

Because if they were then that pop-up is most likely valid because you can't get over 38mbps with docsis 2.0. I have Comcast with my own docsis 3.0 modem and have never seen that pop-up.

Oh you American's. I feel for you. 

Thank god we don't have anything like this in England. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Alright, after reading this, I found out something:

This article is incorrect.

Comcast is not punishing you if you use a non-Comcast router, they are telling you to upgrade if you use a modem that is not DOCSIS3.  In fact, most people should not have this problem because if you're still using DOCSIS2, you're actually throttling yourself.

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/40xi9s/want_to_save_money_by_buying_your_own_modem/  these comments

While Comcast is scummy, and they are trying to sell you an upgrade, it is not because of a non-Comcast modem.  To say otherwise is factually incorrect of the original article (which I'm assuming is Wired).

Alright, after reading this, I found out something:

This article is incorrect.

Comcast is not punishing you if you use a non-Comcast router, they are telling you to upgrade if you use a modem that is not DOCSIS3.  In fact, most people should not have this problem because if you're still using DOCSIS2, you're actually throttling yourself.

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/40xi9s/want_to_save_money_by_buying_your_own_modem/  these comments

While Comcast is scummy, and they are trying to sell you an upgrade, it is not because of a non-Comcast modem.  To say otherwise is factually incorrect of the original article (which I'm assuming is Wired).

That might be true, I can't say 100% that it is or is not (I'm not a comcast customer, thank fucking god), but it's still evidence of them injecting code into your incoming data packets, which is kind of a scummy thing for them to do, regardless of the content of their injections.

Still, all aboard the Hate-on-comcast train.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That might be true, I can't say 100% that it is or is not (I'm not a comcast customer, thank fucking god), but it's still evidence of them injecting code into your incoming data packets, which is kind of a scummy thing for them to do, regardless of the content of their injections.

Still, all aboard the Hate-on-comcast train.

Oh yeah, definitely.  Fuck Comcast.

This only works when you're visiting insecure web pages through an insecure channel. If the web page or channel is secure, or if both are, then they cannot inject their content into the webpages.

So https everywhere would fix this?

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400