Over 220,000 people sign petition to stop Apple removing headphone jack

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

nevermind - fuck it.

R.I.P original message I never got to see.

The iphone seven will lack a battery but there is a solar panel on the back of the phone for ultimate thinness!

So the phone would die without sunlight?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Please Apple remove headphone jack so less people buy iphones less profit and you bitches will sell phones at their real price!

:) can you tell me what's the real price ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes.

I don't know how many people would get on board with that.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

So the phone would die without sunlight?

Yes

but it is the sacrifices you have to make for beauty

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

It's their own product, they can do whatever they want as long as it's not illegal. It's not illegal to make a phone without a headphone jack.

If people buy it and don't realize they can't plug their headphones in that's their problem for buying something without knowing about it.

Remember back when we could go out for an entire day and still get home with half of our phone's battery remaining? Now we carry battery banks whenever we go out.

we don't. At least people who buy android phones don't.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's apple, they probably won't change because they belive no headphone jack is the way forward like they always do.

So enjoy your new iphone without a headphone jack fanboys :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

ahahahahahahahahah

Apple? Listening to others?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Don't like it, don't buy it! Unless your a fanboy at that point start looking for excuses and justifications to defend Apple, here are some good ones i had the pleasure to read:

• Nah, I think they just see wireless head sets as the future. Wired may sound better now, but the average person don't know and don't care. If you do want the wired setup, you can used the adapter. Trust me when I say 3rd party adapters will be all over the place. Gas stations, grocery stores, convenient stores, etc. it won't be a problem at all

• I think you're missing the point a bit. No one has to throw out their expensive headphones for Apple ones. You only need to purchase an adapter (which will probably be expensive from Apple, but there will be cheaper options from aftermarket mfgrs). In fact, one of the major selling (marketing) points for this change will he the fact that you can get higher quality audio (lossless) from the lightning port than you can from the 3.5mm headphone jack. This would actually be better for your expensive headphones - now it actually makes sense to own one.

• why would it be a mistake?? people needed 31/2 inch floppy drives, people needed serial and parallel ports, people needed CD players, people needed optical drives, people needed internal spinning hard drives, people needed corded telephones, people needed VHS players, people needed DVD players. People usage changes (for the most part) positively when new tech is introduced and built around their lives and people adopt to it.

• I think what Apple is doing with the headphone jack is that they're are going digital. Rumors has it that AppleMusic will be offering a HiRez format. If most people access their AppleMusic account using an iPhone, what's the point of offering HiRez music if the quality on the music is limited by the internal DAC and the 3.5mm analog headphone jack? If they can output a digital signal, so one can use a better sounding external DAC that is either built into the headphones, on an external headphone amp or connected to a home stereo, then it would make sense why Apple is converting their audio output on the iPhone (and hopefully an iPod) to the lightning connector. And it can't be done using a 3.5mm audio jack. Unless they do what they did on Macs, that is incorporate optical in it.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

<p>

ahahahahahahahahah

Apple? Listening to others?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Don't like it, don't buy it! Unless your a fanboy at that point start looking for excuses and justifications to defend Apple, here are some good ones i had the pleasure to read:

• Nah, I think they just see wireless head sets as the future. Wired may sound better now, but the average person don't know and don't care. If you do want the wired setup, you can used the adapter. Trust me when I say 3rd party adapters will be all over the place. Gas stations, grocery stores, convenient stores, etc. it won't be a problem at all
  • I think you're missing the point a bit. No one has to throw out their expensive headphones for Apple ones. You only need to purchase an adapter (which will probably be expensive from Apple, but there will be cheaper options from aftermarket mfgrs). In fact, one of the major selling (marketing) points for this change will he the fact that you can get higher quality audio (lossless) from the lightning port than you can from the 3.5mm headphone jack. This would actually be better for your expensive headphones - now it actually makes sense to own one.
  • why would it be a mistake?? people needed 31/2 inch floppy drives, people needed serial and parallel ports, people needed CD players, people needed optical drives, people needed internal spinning hard drives, people needed corded telephones, people needed VHS players, people needed DVD players. People usage changes (for the most part) positively when new tech is introduced and built around their lives and people adopt to it.
  • I think what Apple is doing with the headphone jack is that they're are going digital. Rumors has it that AppleMusic will be offering a HiRez format. If most people access their AppleMusic account using an iPhone, what's the point of offering HiRez music if the quality on the music is limited by the internal DAC and the 3.5mm analog headphone jack? If they can output a digital signal, so one can use a better sounding external DAC that is either built into the headphones, on an external headphone amp or connected to a home stereo, then it would make sense why Apple is converting their audio output on the iPhone (and hopefully an iPod) to the lightning connector. And it can't be done using a 3.5mm audio jack. Unless they do what they did on Macs, that is incorporate optical in it.
About the "just buy an adapter" argument: lightning is a purely digital connector, so the adapters would have to include dacs. This means that there will be a huge difference in sound quality between the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. Do just buying a cheap adapter wouldn't be enough for a lot of people.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I don't know how many people would get on board with that.

Hah! How could they complain about it? Can't call customer support unless they still, god forbid, have a home phone like I do...

The more i hear about stuff like this... the more i think about what my friend said.

How about we leave the people that make phones to make phones?

People really don't like change eh?

200000 is a very insignificant minority. Anyways, I don't recommend buying any tick cycle products besides the s6 because they always have some messup, tocks are better because they fix all the flaws and are much improved. Even after the 7 comes out, the 6s will still be a really good phone, just buy that instead.

Too bad it will still sell because Apple.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The problem is, Apple has brilliant marketing, that's why they are the biggest company in the world. Apple fanboys will believe anything Apple says and if they say lightning is good for audio, people will believe them and even more people will become isheep. I wouldn't be surprised if a fee was charged for lightning compatible headphones which will raise the overall cost and make fanboys believe it is better. Apple will not change a design because of what a small amount of people want, the majority of customers get told what they want by Apple.

Haha, hilarious. As if that's going to make Apple change their minds. That's a tiny fraction of the market compared to what they'd be losing.

Funny enough, everyone here seems to be up in arms as well thinking it's a stupid idea.

If it were truly a stupid idea, there would be many, many more people signing that petition or raising hell online.

Yes, a lot of people use their phones for music. However I'd argue there are many more that don't. Not only that, they'd likely include a cheap wireless set of earbuds with the phone.

So. Yeah. Not really an issue.

Remember back when we could go out for an entire day and still get home with half of our phone's battery remaining? Now we carry battery banks whenever we go out.

Remember the day when there was no internet on phones and they could only be used for calls and texting?
I mean yeah, I remember those days too, but I also remember that the phones were a lot less useful and we spent a lot less time on them.

People wanting on screen time over 7 hours need to take a look at how they spend their time IMO.

Please Apple remove headphone jack so less people buy iphones less profit and you bitches will sell phones at their real price! 

I don't think it'll matter as much as you think it will...

"real price"? How on earth are you going to quantify that?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I want to see Apple remove it just so people don't sheep out and buy their trash.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I don't think it'll matter as much as you think it will...

"real price"? How on earth are you going to quantify that?

:) can you tell me what's the real price ?

i forgot to mention "real price in my country".

iphone 6 64 GB costs more then galasy s6 edge plus or note 5

iphone 6s plus 64 GB costs ~1200 $

here iphones cost much more because they are apple!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Hah! How could they complain about it? Can't call customer support unless they still, god forbid, have a home phone like I do...

Email.

The only thing they care about is money. don't buy it and they're going to change it all right.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Email.

Shhhh don't ruin my joke with logic.

Although less and less people have a computer now than ever before. Some just have iPhones and iPads. You know that if iPhones go full solar, the iPads will as well.