Over 220,000 people sign petition to stop Apple removing headphone jack

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I don't understand why people are getting so up in arms about this, if a product changes direction and you're unhappy with the changes then just buy another product. When enough people change products as a result companies often revert changes or at least learn from them. 

Because it's Apple and people will have a hissy fit regardless of the direction that Apple chooses to take because it's Apple.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Apple should do it and they should remove the power socket to because the more they do stupid stuff the more we can take the piss. The 3.5 mm audio jack is perfect. There is no reason to change it at all. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

First off, as per usual, Apple has said nothing to confirm or deny this, so it’s just a rumor/alleged leak. Still, we’re treated with baffling headlines like this: 

ld36oT6.png

More than 200,000 people have signed an online petition against Apple’s major design change rumored for the upcoming iPhone 7, the company is reportedly going to ditch the standard headphone jack to further shrink down the smartphone.

Yes, as crazy as it sounds, the petition is very real.

Let’s ignore for a second the fact that the petition is based on a rumor and remember that Apple does whatever it wants with its products. Even if Apple came out and said that it’s killing the headphone jack on the iPhone, a petition won’t help change the company’s mind.

Because, let’s also remember that Apple removed a bunch of features from its devices that it thought you didn’t need, without asking anyone in advance and without worrying about the backlash. Considering Apple is the most valuable company in the world right now, we’d say everything turned out OK.

i don't care how goldy the phone is, i'm not buying a phone that doesn't have a ear phone jack. period. 

it's the same problem as your smart watches, not only you have the headache of draining a non removable battery, you also have to recharge the bluetooth headset that you supposedly use it with, and then there's your legacy earphones that go waste and then there's buying one that's actually good and not as costly as quarter the phone's price.   

my phone has 30% battery on a 3 hour journey, lemme atleast listen to songs instead of wasting it on bluetooth connectivity.....

i don't want to charge anything at all, i can't take them on a trip where i'm in a position to charge them again anywhere, i don't want to forget to charge one day and pissed at myself that i forgot, i don't want buy something who's battery degrades rapidly than mobile batteries

but i'd rather have a mid range earphones than either buying a cheap bluetooth or forced to get one that's costlier, as it stands, it's either one or the other, there are no mid range good bluetooth headphones that are also good and not crappy. this is gonna take a long time to change or impact anything other than apple users.  

Source : https://action.sumofus.org/a/iphone-headphone-jack/

No need to have BT connected earphones btw.

You also have lightning connector.

I want it to have it so apple can become more of a complete laughing stock. More and more isheeple will then realise what a money hogging shitty company they are.

B-b-but they care about me right ???

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1 word: Pointless. Apple will do whatever the hell they want.

No need to have BT connected earphones btw.

You also have lightning connector.

Are you advocating the use of adapters? The expensive Apple adapters that will likely result from this possible occurrence. I don't want to use adapters on my device if it's possible to avoid them, and this possible design is pushing for more of them, putting more money in Apple's pocket.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can we sign a petition to get rid of apple?

Lol I don't think you can. Cause if that petition were to pass, there is nothing legal to actual enforce that petition to remove them off the Earth as a company.

That would be jokes though. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Are you advocating the use of adapters? The expensive Apple adapters that will likely result from this possible occurrence. I don't want to use adapters on my device if it's possible to avoid them, and this possible design is pushing for more of them, putting more money in Apple's pocket.

Of course not.  I'm saying that most propably Apple will include headphones with lightning connector on them. (The fact, that you then must use adapter e.t.c doesn't matter.  It's apple, It's shit idea.)

online petitions are useless waste of hope for those who sign it :)

Vote with your wallets.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Who cares? If you're smart enough, you should be on an Android device by now. People say how great iPhones are, and a month late they are completely bashing the phones for having problems. 

"This is the fastest phone on the market!" Who the hell needs the fastest phone to make calls, check emails, browse the internet and take some pictures? This is the same as buying the waterblock for my SSD which has done nothing to improve performance.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Motorola FTW!

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Who cares? If you're smart enough, you should be on an Android device by now. People say how great iPhones are, and a month late they are completely bashing the phones for having problems. 

"This is the fastest phone on the market!" Who the hell needs the fastest phone to make calls, check emails, browse the internet and take some pictures? This is the same as buying the waterblock for my SSD which has done nothing to improve performance.

lol, that's news to me...and to Apple.... Who exactly are these people?

Clearly if that was the case iPhones wouldn't be selling.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.