How do you ask for what you want for Christmas?

How do you ask for what you want for Christmas? It is around Christmas time and I'm sort of curious.

The way I do it is I write up a Christmas letter with everything I want (Within a budget of $100 AUD) and then print it out or email it to my parents. I used to go to the shops and pick a few things and then decide which ones I didn't want and then later see what I'd get.

I suppose with these ways I know what I'm getting, but it's better than getting a surprise of something I didn't even want/need. But everyone is different.

Anyways, how do you do it?

I just ask.

I don't, I take whatever - the present itself should not be the point

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How old are you? I'm at that point where my parents ask me what I want and I either reply with "money", or I think about it and say "ehh... nothing really..."

Heh, I'm 15, and before you say I'm weird for writing letters, I do it for fun. :P 

i tell everyone about all the cool shit I want

So they buy me socks and chocolate

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

if i got asked when i was little i'd say what i wanted when people asked ME first. Now if i get asked i just say money please. Preferably a small loan of a million dollars 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Put on your big boy pants and ask them out up front. Make it sound like it's justified.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

you write a letter with what you want and address it with "North Pole" obviously.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't, I take whatever - the present itself should not be the point

The same (well, when I was little) and I agree.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The same (well, when I was little) and I agree.

well, I meant random presents from friend and family - I'm not exactly a kid anymore either ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How do you ask for what you want for Christmas? It is around Christmas time and I'm sort of curious.

The way I do it is I write up a Christmas letter with everything I want (Within a budget of $100 AUD) and then print it out or email it to my parents. I used to go to the shops and pick a few things and then decide which ones I didn't want and then later see what I'd get.

I suppose with these ways I know what I'm getting, but it's better than getting a surprise of something I didn't even want/need. But everyone is different.

Anyways, how do you do it?

Used to be that I had to tell my parents what i wanted otherwise i got some nasty shit that i didn't want.

Last year nobody asked me and I also got nasty shit, which was quite a surprise since i though my parents knew what i liked and wanted.

This year, I was finally asked, to be honest. I'm already getting a new laptop and got a new pair of headphones. Not much else i could ask for. Usually when it comes to these kind of things I always try to ask for money.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

How old are you? I'm at that point where my parents ask me what I want and I either reply with "money", or I think about it and say "ehh... nothing really..."

This 

And pc parts usually after the holidays.

I just tell my parents to buy me nothing

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I just say simply ask for it and tell them a little about it, and within reason I normally get it.

Might add this later...

Put on your big boy pants and ask them out up front. Make it sound like it's justified.

I write letters more for the fun, and if it was something insane I'd probably not get it. 

I buy my self something, and let my relatives give me money towards it. For example, I bought myself a snowboard with bindings and boots for $400. My mom gave me $100, dad $100, oma $100, aunt $50, grandma $50 etc

Before I used to let them pick form a list of things I wanted. They always had trouble finding stuff.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Ask for steam gift cards

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

When I was young, I'd just tell my parents flat out and they'd do their best to get me whatever I asked for.

As I got older, I realized, the older you get the less presents you get (but the more I gave)... the less you get what you want for Christmas.  So my solution: just buy it for yourself as a gift from "Santa" or whomever you believe in. 

Have a job, then save up and buy it yourself Not only it's the best Christmas present ever, but also a sense of independence.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I bought a SteelSeries Free gamepad for my phone as a Christmas present for myself with my mum's money [emoji1] Paid $10 for it + delivery... Gonna get it tommorow or the day after [emoji1]

It comes up in conversation each year. A present is something which you wouldn't not reasonably buy yourself :) for extended family it's a little more wishy-washy regular xmas present-ish.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?