who can screw up a Tetris game? UbiSoft can

zMeul

header.jpg

source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316750/?snr=1_7_15__13

the PC version was released 2 days ago and as of now there are 33 reviews of the game, most of them negative
what's the problem with the game? well ...
  • partial controller support and general not rebindable controls
  • inexplicable lag
  • random crashes
  • unintuitive menus
not even the console version of the game, and that launched a year ago (!!!!) wasn't any better
the Metacritic score for the PS4 version is at 63: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/tetris-ultimate

---

it's just mind boggling how someone, anyone, could mess up Tetris  <_<
it has simple game mechanics and graphics; I just can't even ... how the hell can you make Tetris crash?! high school students, if given some API samples and some guides, could build a working and functioning Tetris program

if you want a Tetris like alternative, I'm recommending Lumines: http://store.steampowered.com/app/11900 - it just works!

Is it that fucking hard to make tetris..? lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

no.  I'm pretty sure I could whip a version up in Flash in about a day, and it could even have rebindable controls

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If a bunch of farmers can make Pong using sheep and sheepdogs, programming Tetris should be a walk in the park. :D

https://www.facebook.com/bill.keir1/videos/10200364102043902/?pnref=story

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Now this is a new level of fail lol.

I mean, Tetris?, did they screwed up Tetris?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

im pretty sure it was broken when it was released in 2014 on consoles, and they didnt make an effort to try and make it any better when they released it on pc

ULTIMATE TETRIS! EXTREME!

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Well...the ps4 one was terrible.

It's no surprise the PC version is the same.

I'm pretty sure it also has DLCs.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

DLC for tetris?...LMAO

mmhh, oh yeah it's ubisoft

If a bunch of farmers can make Pong using sheep and sheepdogs, programming Tetris should be a walk in the park. :D

https://www.facebook.com/bill.keir1/videos/10200364102043902/?pnref=story

no.  I'm pretty sure I could whip a version up in Flash in about a day, and it could even have rebindable controls

#Sarcasm...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

header.jpg

source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316750/?snr=1_7_15__13

the PC version was released 2 days ago and as of now there are 33 reviews of the game, most of them negative

what's the problem with the game? well ...

• partial controller support and general not rebindable controls
  • inexplicable lag
  • random crashes
  • unintuitive menus
not even the console version of the game, and that launched a year ago (!!!!) wasn't any better

the Metacritic score for the PS4 version is at 63: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/tetris-ultimate

---

it's just mind boggling how someone, anyone, could mess up Tetris  <_<

it has simple game mechanics and graphics; I just can't even ... how the hell can you make Tetris crash?! high school students, if given some API samples and some guides, could build a working and functioning Tetris program

if you want a Tetris like alternative, I'm recommending Lumines: http://store.steampowered.com/app/11900 - it just works!

actually 63% is pretty high for a Ubisoft game considering the Ubisoft hate circlejerk. The only recent game I can remember who got a higher score was Assassin's creed Black Flag.

1980's code is just too challenging.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

Easy solution to this - http://tetris.com/play-tetris/

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

They will delay Ultimate Tetris to unlock FPS rate for PC and in meanwhile it runs at cinematic 30FPS at 900p.

Next DLC will be muh bright colors!!11! And only for 59.99 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fast, we have to keep digging in our wallets!!!! IT IS UBISOFT!!!!!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Dayum. You have to be a special kind of stupid to screw up Tetris of all things.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

10 euros? Shit I should continue making my perfectly stable Java version and sell it for 5 euros...

Sadly I'd have to pay for the IP...

Call yours Fourtress and have the completed lines build up a fort you use in minigames, a la Rampart, and sell it as a micro-transaction monster on mobile

WHAT. THE. FUCK? I started to feel ashamed to have considered Ubisoft for internship, I have no choice but to go EA then.

Game boy or gtfo imo

Arcade machine is also acceptable.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well! you know I won't buy Ubisoft games any time soon.

Okay, if they ruined this game, what will we expect with The Division ? A simple Tetris game ... versus a huge triple A title?.... hmmm... no.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Isn't Tetris like public domain: a kind gift from Mother Russia? Let's just make a clone called the "Fuck ubisoft falling pieces puzzle" game.

-------

Current Rig

-------