Apple announces iPhone 6 and 6S battery pack cover

GoodBytes

Why don't they tell the people what the Mha of the battery pack is? For 100$ I'd love to know that

its 1875 afaik

I have a similar case for my iphone 5s that has a 2000 mAH battery built in, it will give my phone two full charges from 0%. It also cost $100. So this product here is the same price, looks ugly, and is less than half the capacity. WTF apple.

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-5-5s/resurgence-power-case/apl33-iphone-5s.html

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

OR JUST MAKE SLIGHTLY THICKER PHONE YOU WANKERS

I actually already have a battery case, it was £26.99 and is really nice - gives me 120% extra power and is quite slim and very nice

EDIT: - I actually only use it on occasion, 99% of the time I carry my phone naked - no case at all

61g5DVlp6dL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Certified-Anker-Extended-Capacity/dp/B00SMLPPD6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449573261&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+battery+case+iphone+6

Oddly enough it looks as if the back of that case says Wanker with the W covered.

@GoodBytes, I know you're tired of me saying this but you misspelled the word announces.

Oh and you all need a dosis of Moto X Play, this thing has awesome, awesome, battery life.

@GoodBytes, I know you're tired of me saying this but you misspelled the word announces.

Never!

Actually it is because Firefox spell checker doesn't work on the box for the title for some reason.

I should be careful.

Thanks!

Now I completely get what past Apple engineers said when they stated Apple has lost its sense of design.

That is absolutely hideous. I mean the black one isn't as bad, but really? You design a battery case and it looks like that?
I expected a lot better of Apple.

Well, with spec like that it's no wonder it lasts ages..

you can have a 25600mAh battery pack cheaper for that.... wtf.

It looks ugly as hell and I'd rather take a battery pack than that anyday. Thank god my 2014 6 Plus still has decent battery to this day...

OnePlus X next

The OnePlus X doesn't get great battery life...

yeah there is no way it lasts longer than iphone 6s or 6s plus, you are delusional.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/10/newer-but-not-better-the-nokia-lumia-530-reviewed/2/

vs iphone 6, iphone 6s is slightly better.

It likely depends largely on his usage. If he doesn't use it much, then it could easily last a day, perhaps that's where he's getting his estimates from.

my father has meizu m2 note which is 5.5inch phone with 8.6mm thickness, but it already feels too skiny. Can't imagine why apple thinks they need to go below 7mm.

I never understood the race to the bottom of sizing either. Especially those 5mm phones. I liked the thickness of my Note5....once I put it inside a case.

Just give me that extra battery, damn it.

My 6 doenst get through the day, I take it off charge at 7am, and I have to charge it by about 7pm

that is a day with no youtube, no gaming, and very little music

if I use it heavily, like making calls, or gaming , it can drain in a few hours - hence I have a battery case for weekends and heavy days away from the office

Really? My phone gets pretty heavy usage, with 2-3 hours of gaming, 2+ hours of web browsing, constant texting/emails and it lasts from 5am solidly to at least 8 or 9 PM, if not longer.

That's all on the network as well, not WiFi.
I figured the 6 would at least do better than that, given it's smaller screen size. I have a Note5.

Making calls actually drains the least amount out of most things you do with a phone.

screen on time and usage time? if you get 3-4 hours of screen on time it's not excellent, it's okay. LG G3 has excellent stand by time because SD801 is fucking nuts, but the display is power hungry.

Really? I'd think that's pretty decent. There are very few phones that get more than that for on screen time.

Update: The Verge says that unlike alternative battery cases for the iPhone, the Apple offering doesn't have enough to charge the phone full. In other words, it won't double battery life of the device, unlike other cheaper options.

The charging LED of the cover is at the inside of the case, not outside. So you need to remove the phone from its case to know the status (or turn on the phone and look at the start screen or notification center). It also doesn't have a standby mode, to NOT charge the phone like alternative cases.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9867996/apple-smart-battery-case-iphone-6-6s-hands-on

Hahaha, you've got to be kidding me...

Never tried motorola, would try if given a chance tho.

Most Motorola phones haven't had decent battery life in a long time, sadly.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

now i know that the design team at apple are on some damn gud drugs, and i want them

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Now I completely get what past Apple engineers said when they stated Apple has lost its sense of design.

That is absolutely hideous. I mean the black one isn't as bad, but really? You design a battery case and it looks like that?

I expected a lot better of Apple.

Well, with spec like that it's no wonder it lasts ages..

The OnePlus X doesn't get great battery life...

It likely depends largely on his usage. If he doesn't use it much, then it could easily last a day, perhaps that's where he's getting his estimates from.

I never understood the race to the bottom of sizing either. Especially those 5mm phones. I liked the thickness of my Note5....once I put it inside a case.

Just give me that extra battery, damn it.

Really? My phone gets pretty heavy usage, with 2-3 hours of gaming, 2+ hours of web browsing, constant texting/emails and it lasts from 5am solidly to at least 8 or 9 PM, if not longer.

That's all on the network as well, not WiFi.

I figured the 6 would at least do better than that, given it's smaller screen size. I have a Note5.

Making calls actually drains the least amount out of most things you do with a phone.

Really? I'd think that's pretty decent. There are very few phones that get more than that for on screen time.

Hahaha, you've got to be kidding me...

You check the battery life of the case on the iPhone itself. In the notification menu. That's why it doesn't have an indicator while its inside. The phone is the indicator.

That said, not even macrumors is liking this case. I can't say a single good thing about it.

what is this

WHAT IS THIS

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK 

STEVE JOBS WOULDNT ALLOW THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU COOKS

2 on the front as well, am I right?

stack them on top of each other that way you also get a selfie stick

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

You check the battery life of the case on the iPhone itself. In the notification menu. That's why it doesn't have an indicator while its inside. The phone is the indicator.

That said, not even macrumors is liking this case. I can't say a single good thing about it.

I was more surprised about the fact it doesn't have a standby mode.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You know how every now and then you hear that some big employee of Microsoft leave the company for Apple, or Google.

I wonder if it is all planned. Microsoft send employees to Apple and sabotage everything with terrible ideas from the inside.

iPhone 7 Live Edition Essentials for Humans 2016 - Professional! I am calling it :P

good thing zerolemon exists

zerolemon-iphone-6-4600mah-rugged-case-6

4600mAh battery with a visible battery indicator and costs less. Even my 10000mAh battery case, from them, for the note 2 didn't cost as much

good thing zerolemon exists

zerolemon-iphone-6-4600mah-rugged-case-6

4600mAh battery with a visible battery indicator and costs less. Even my 10000mAh battery case, from them, for the note 2 didn't cost as much

That's only a few generations removed from a pip boy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nooooooo, Moto G (2015) Is very good in battery life, and the Moto X Play even better, so that's not true at all, the Nexus 6 had at least 'decent' life for me.Sometimes nearing good battery life.

The phone looks pregnant  :lol:  3rd party manufacturers did the case better

Pretty obvious apple tried making the case for it as slim as possible where ever they could too... Like goddamn, I don't want to hold a piece of metal as thin as paper for my phone, I need something to grab onto...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Pretty obvious apple tried making the case for it as slim as possible where ever they could too... Like goddamn, I don't want to hold a piece of metal as thin as paper for my phone, I need something to grab onto...

Its not recommended but I carry separate battery for my iphone and pop the screen out to replace it if I need it. It's not as easy as on some other phones but still gives a better value and instant charge time

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

They won't make a thicker phone to fit a bigger battery but they'll sell you this monstrosity for 100$?

Why Apple, why?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Its not recommended but I carry separate battery for my iphone and pop the screen out to replace it if I need it. It's not as easy as on some other phones but still gives a better value and instant charge time

I have a Nexus 6, but I still can blow through its battery by the end of the day. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.