Apple announces iPhone 6 and 6S battery pack cover

GoodBytes

... The cringe is so real. Same price gets you a Mophie, the best brand for battery packs (IMO).

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

That is fucking ugly.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

yeah well, those other phones were old smartphones, not fair comparison. 925 was an okay phone, but it doesn't have what is considered good battery life these days.

I will admit that lately it has been getting rather short on battery life of late but that is because its 3 years old, wouldn't be so much of an issue if I could replace the battery. I am looking forward to getting the new 950XL when TMobile gets it in gear and releases support for the phone (if that happens).

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not to mention that we're also selling a battery case from Mophie, which has 2750mAh and looks much cleaner, and most importantly is about 10$/10€'s cheaper.

I am surprised Apple didn't pull that from their shelves when they released this battery pack like they did to others when releasing similar product.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So just got my hands on one and it's the greatest smartphone battery extension I've ever seen. It's got a Apple lighting pass through port plus audio pass through, monitoring through the watch plus notification center in the phone and feels really comfortable in the hand. The reason for the shape is so that at the edges fit to your hand better than one giant thick thing like most extended batteries.

I am surprised Apple didn't pull that from their shelves when they released this battery pack like they did to others when releasing similar product.

I wouldn't be suprised if this is going to happen. They've pulled off quite a few head and in-ear phones ever since they've acquired Beats by Dre, most notably the Jaybird Bluebuds, which I'm actually a little sad about. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900