Apple announces iPhone 6 and 6S battery pack cover

GoodBytes

They won't make a thicker phone to fit a bigger battery but they'll sell you this monstrosity for 100$?

Why Apple, why?

Like this they get to make more money. I'll doubt that the iPhone 7 will have a larger battery. Might be helped by a more efficient CPU, but that is all, and continue to sell this cover. Of course, they'll move the camera in such a way so that you are forced to buy a new battery cover

I would laugh, but in all honesty my S6's battery life sucks too.

It's sitting on my wireless charger on my desk right now.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The phone looks pregnant :lol: 3rd party manufacturers did the case better

Wife says they are bringing the 4 back lol

Nooooooo, Moto G (2015) Is very good in battery life, and the Moto X Play even better, so that's not true at all, the Nexus 6 had at least 'decent' life for me.Sometimes nearing good battery life.

Funny, I thought I said most..

Oh wait, I did.

2 out of x number of phones they've put out over the past few years isn't a very good ratio.

They're also low and mid range devices at best.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Funny, I thought I said most..

Oh wait, I did.

2 out of x number of phones they've put out over the past few years isn't a very good ratio.

They're also low and mid range devices at best.

Well you don't have to be a douche about the 'most' wording misunderstanding :)

Also they are still phones so they count.... You didn't say you were talking exclusively about flagships or high end phones right?

Wouldn't it be easier to get a powerbank instead?

Well you don't have to be a douche about the 'most' wording misunderstanding :)

Also they are still phones so they count.... You didn't say you were talking exclusively about flagships or high end phones right?

Which is precisely why I said most. :rolleyes:

Jeez I really wish people would read posts instead of just replying.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Which is precisely why I said most. :rolleyes:

Jeez I really wish people would read posts instead of just replying.

I do read them, must have skimped over 'most'.

Douche.  :rolleyes:

Like this they get to make more money. I'll doubt that the iPhone 7 will have a larger battery. Might be helped by a more efficient CPU, but that is all, and continue to sell this cover. Of course, they'll move the camera in such a way so that you are forced to buy a new battery cover

I wish it were possible (or if it is, I wish someone would do it) to make an add-on battery solution like the ones that already exist for the iPhone, but make it look better.

Perfect solution. 10/10. I'm gonna buy one and just tape it to my LG G4.

In all seriousness though; does this mean that Apple admits that they should have bigger batteries in their phones and to make their phones thicker? Also, I feel like that case would be a little wobbly if it's lying flat on a table.

Yay for precious "Apple Design". I'm sure this is something they've never done before. No one has done something this ugly before, revolutionary!

Not entirely sure why this is a big deal. Clearly there's a large enough market that is/was owned by 3rd party accessory makers and Apple decided to make their own version to capitalise on it. Sure it's overpriced, but would you really expect otherwise? It's not really worth complaining about any more. As has been shown in ShadowCaptain's comment, the current iPhones are competitive on battery life.

ooooor you could buy an android phone.

Ooooor not everyone wants an Android phone because they mostly suck and ecosystem is fundamentally flawed.

- Oneplus One -> iPhone 6s user

The Z3 Z (Top) has a 3200mAh battery or a 3100mAh in international version.

JbNdSQX.png

I call this moneygrabbing. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Not entirely sure why this is a big deal. Clearly there's a large enough market that is/was owned by 3rd party accessory makers and Apple decided to make their own version to capitalise on it. Sure it's overpriced, but would you really expect otherwise? It's not really worth complaining about any more. As has been shown in ShadowCaptain's comment, the current iPhones are competitive on battery life.

Ooooor not everyone wants an Android phone because they mostly suck and ecosystem is fundamentally flawed.

- Oneplus One -> iPhone 6s user

Oneplus One is an affordable phone. It is far from the example of a premium Android device. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Oneplus One is an affordable phone. It is far from the example of a premium Android device.

I have enough experience with Android phones to know how well 'premium' Android experiences stack up compared to that of an iPhone. The phones themselves from a hardware standpoint only make up like 20% of the problem, the real issue is the software side.

Lol when I read the title I figured it would be like $175, is that a bad thing?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

While I agree that this design is atrocious, I don't see how this is 'money grabbing'.

Apple is entering LATE into this market. A quite competitive one at that. Apple is just another player in the market trying to create revenue. Since when were businesses told to do otherwise?

Now they are just taking the piss of their customers with this design abomination 

Why didn't that just make it thinner and longer instead of having a huge bump like that? Apple, just go kill yourself.

Now that, is some ugly looking battery pack lol.

If Steve Jobs was still around this shit would have never happen.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Pencils that stick out of the iPad when charging and now this. Apple and its followers are tools. How embarrassing. 

which lumia, because I don't know any lumia that has good battery life.

925 lasts pretty much all day with wifi and bluetooth turned on. turned off I get 15-20 hours easy.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

925 lasts pretty much all day with wifi and bluetooth turned on. turned off I get 15-20 hours easy.

so what, it still doesn't last as long as iphone 6s and iphone 6s doesn't last as much as other phones in it's class.

gsmarena_111.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.