Konami prevented Kojima from attending the Game Awards 2015

Source

https://youtu.be/x4WXkKQiEw8?t=1h34m34s

“As you noticed,” said Keighley. “Hideo Kojima is not here with us tonight and I want to tell you a little about that. Mr. Kojima had every intention of being with us tonight, but unfortunately he was informed by a lawyer representing Konami just recently that he would not be allowed to travel to tonight’s awards ceremony to accept any awards. [crowd boos] He’s still under an employment contract. And it’s disappointing and it’s inconceivable to me that an artist like Hideo would not be allowed to come here and celebrate with his peers and his fellow teammates.”

This is just bullshit. Are they just going to keep on digging their graves? And for what reason?

They are getting more and more disrespectful not only to Kojima but to the fans as well. Good for Geoff for exposing it during the show.

And also, could someone enlighten me the actual reason why Konami is doing this to Kojima? Like did he shagged the CEO's wife?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

We should boycott konami for being fuccbois

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Fucking christ.

Konami please go die like for real. You can't do shit without him, please just go die in a fire, matter of fact I hope your company just gets so burned that you can't even salvage it.

Without Kojima you're nothing, nothing at all. What games have you made anymore ? yea that's right you haven't made shit because you too damn busy making gambling machines. 

#Fuck Konami

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Keep on diggin' Konami

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

They should just rename their company to "Kojima" because he's the only one making them float.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Fucking christ.

Konami please go die like for real. You can't do shit without him, please just go die in a fire, matter of fact I hope your company just gets so burned that you can't even salvage it.

Without Kojima you're nothing, nothing at all. What games have you made anymore ? yea that's right you haven't made shit because you too damn busy making gambling machines.

#Fuck Konami

They got them music games tho.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

They should just rename their company to "Kojima" because he's the only one making them float.

He is not. Kojima was the best part of their AAA gaming division but they've invested heavily in gambling and then there are their rumored ties to the Yakuza.

What if Kojima is the one who did wrong and Konami is innocent?

Conspiracy_Keanu.PNG

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

What if Kojima is the one who did wrong and Konami is innocent?

Conspiracy_Keanu.PNG

Then Konami would simply have fired him. They wouldn't have done all the other shit they've done, not to mention all the reports or how they treat their staff.

Oh wow, this is a new level of "wanting to be hated". Just wow.

Actually who am I kidding, at this point I'm not even surprised. Konami is just... yeah. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Seriously, this is becoming the worst example of "Read the fucking small letters on your contract" case for other devs here. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Seriously, this is becoming the worst example of "Read the fucking small letters on your contract" case for other devs here. 

Not really. Konami is basically telling Kojima he is not allowed to represent them while still under contract. No small print needed for something like that to be possible

CzQJ8Vs.jpg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Not really. Konami is basically telling Kojima he is not allowed to represent them while still under contract. No small print needed for something like that to be possible

He should have been able to break off the contract by now though, particularly if even a tiny part of the worker abuse that goes on there is true.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He should have been able to break off the contract by now though, particularly if even a tiny part of the worker abuse that goes on there is true.

Japan doesn't exactly have the same employee protection laws as some other countries. The shit Konami is reportedly doing is perfectly legal in Japan. His contract is supposedly up at the end of this month anyway.

And also, could someone enlighten me the actual reason why Konami is doing this to Kojima? Like did he shagged the CEO's wife?

Japan is all about shaming anyone they don't like, school students who mess up, employees that don't step in line, titanic survivors who cowardly got on the lifeboat instead of dying.

We should boycott konami for being fuccbois

Nothing to Boycott, how do you boycott a company that doesn't release anything in your market.

Gambling machines with much shorter time to release and better profit margins

Only in the gaming world, which isn't the biggest part of Konami

CzQJ8Vs.jpg

Seems Legit

This is some crazy tier Bullshit, and i hope this doesn't hurt Jima personally or hurt his ability to get work in the future from other developers. I'm sure it can't be nice to get this treatment from the studio you've dedicated your life to.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Honestly at this point I'm not surprised any more. The only thing that surprises me is how the Japanese are so mellow that Konami hasn't burned to the ground yet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Japan doesn't exactly have the same employee protection laws as some other countries. The shit Konami is reportedly doing is perfectly legal in Japan. His contract is supposedly up at the end of this month anyway.

Fair enough...and unfair at the same time.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Honestly at this point I'm not surprised any more. The only thing that surprises me is how the Japanese are so mellow that Konami hasn't burned to the ground yet.

It already is burning to the ground. Soon if they don't change they would be nothing but small mobile game developer making shitty mobile games with nothing but micro transactions.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Could people please stop giving konami any money? Like at all? Thanks.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Could people please stop giving konami any money? Like at all? Thanks.

They wont get much money anymore since they are basically stopping making games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wow really konami?  I think we can expect them not to release any more good games like they did back then when they had Kojima....I'm really hoping that Allison RD will reach the greatness of the Silent Hill PT game that was cancelled *sigh* 

They wont get much money anymore since they are basically stopping making games

They unfortunately turned to gambling games.....

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you