Should i go to the hospital?

JessicaH

So...

i have a type of virus called ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura)

I get a blood test every 3 months

about 1 month ago, i took the blood test, and i was fine.

But now i see red dots on feet, etc...

My platelets go down so low that the small veins in my body break and blood is released, kind of like a red rash, but with red dots.

I know this is IPT because this is what IPT looks like

I dont know if i should tell my parents, because...

whenever this comes back, i always have to go to the hospital, my parents get really sad, and i have to get an iv in my arm with rituximab. 

The iv really hurts, and it takes a day out of life, sitting in the hospital, with something in my arm putting rituximab into my body.

(It is four courses of iv in my arm)

This is the fourth time this is coming back

Do i tell my parents?

i dont really care if you know what medical problems i have because you will never find out who i am outside of the internet.

Please...

i dont want to tell my parents

I also think that this disease is caused by stress

and i am very stressed at my new school that i changed to

EDIT:

My final decision is that i am going to wait a couple of days, as the symptoms are really mild. (Dots are really light)

Please tell your parents, anything serious like this NEEDS to be taken care of. In the end it's for the better

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Please tell your parents, anything serious like this NEEDS to be taken care of. In the end it's for the better

ITS THE 4TH TIME

I DONT WANT TO AT THIS POINT

i hate needles

I would really tell your parents if I was you, because when you are a parent, you will worry about your children too. It can only get worse if you keep it a secret...

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

I would really tell your parents if I was you, because when you are a parent, you will worry about your children too. It can only get worse if you keep it a secret...

Maybe it will get better if i keep it secret

Maybe it will get better if i keep it secret

no, just go tell them now. Never take health issues lightly 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Why don't you want to tell your parents ? What will happen if your condition gets worse ? They'll know it sooner or later.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

no, just go tell them now. Never take health issues lightly 

Dont you have any sympathy?

It is like hell whenever i have to get this

Why don't you want to tell your parents ? What will happen if your condition gets worse ? They'll know it sooner or later.

At this point i dont really care

im sick and tired of going back there

My lack of sympathy to tell you to get your health issues fixed? Wot?

I've had many IV's before, they're not that bad 

Just

go.

THis can lead to worse issues in the future, dont regret it

Yes we have sympathy. But damn, you gave us options and then don't like it when we choose one of the options you gave us.

I understand what you're going through, What I had wasn't that serious, but I basically had to get three knee surgeries, every single one was expensive as fuck... The first two were more necessary, the third one was to make everything well for good, cause my knee still hurt, I didn't tell my parents until I barely could walk on that leg cause I dind't want them to spend that much money on me... They got mad at me for not saying anything earlier, rather than having to pay a lot for the surgery...

They love you, it's not your fault you're sick, even though you hate needles/hospitals, please, do tell them... It's the best you can do

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

My lack of sympathy to tell you to get your health issues fixed? Wot?

I've had many IV's before, they're not that bad 

Just

go.

THis can lead to worse issues in the future, dont regret it

It stings

I understand what you're going through, What I had wasn't that serious, but I basically had to get three knee surgeries, every single one was expensive as fuck... The first two were more necessary, the third one was to make everything well for good, cause my knee still hurt, I didn't tell my parents until I barely could walk on that leg cause I dind't want them to spend that much money on me... They got mad at me for not saying anything earlier, rather than having to pay a lot for the surgery...

They love you, it's not your fault you're sick, even though you hate needles/hospitals, please, do tell them... It's the best you can do

At this point i dont really care

im sick and tired of going back there

If you're condition gets worse you might go somewhere else.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

Yes we have sympathy. But damn, you gave us options and then don't like it when we choose one of the options you gave us.

ok.

It stings

Wow... you're potentially risking your life for "it stings"... nice lack of maturity there..

Just go and tell your parents what's happening, those few needles could save you from a LOT WORSE issues.

If you're condition gets worse you might go somewhere else.

Where?

Where is worse than the hospital?

Insane asylum?

nothing is worse than the hospital

Wow... you're potentially risking your life for "it stings"... nice lack of maturity there..

Just go and tell your parents what's happening, those few needles could save you from a LOT WORSE issues.

Ok.

It stings

Listen, you're getting emotional and it's the worst you can do. Emotions always lose with logic.

Logic has never failed me, and I can tell you that it advises me to tell you to go to the hospital, temporary pain right now can prevent permanent pain/damage later. It's worth it whether you like it or not, I'm sorry to tell you this ;-;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I myself have a minor case of trypanophobia (fear of needles). When i usually have to get my blood drawn (or whatnot) i just look away. Sometimes i like to do a countdown before it. Helps alot for me.

Where?

Insane asylum?

Think about it this way. If you don't tell them now, and your condition gets worse, they'll force you to go there anyway. And depending on how "worse" it got, you might need to stay there longer, with more needles stinging you everyday.

I am who I am.

Honestly it sounds like you have made up your mind not to tell them and your just looking for justification in the Internet. Sorry, but if you just wanted someone to tell you what you want to hear, then you shouldn't have tried the Internet. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for what you have to go through, but let's be real here for a second. What will happen if you don't tell them? It's not just gonna magically go away. What will happen is that it will just get worse, and you will have to suffer the symptoms until your parents eventually find out anyway and take you to the hospital. In the end it will just take more time out of your life than if you just get it over with now, and then you will have problems with your parents to deal with on top of what your already going through. Please for your own sake, and for the sake of everyone who cares about you, just get off the Internet and go to the hospital. Get better soon!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Where?

Insane asylum?

This is going to get me some hate, but grow the fuck up.

You're 24 years old (according to your profile), you have a fucking illness, and you don't want to go and get it treated because "needles sting".

Like really. You come here, asking if you should leave a disease untreated because you don't want to tell your parents, and whenever someone tells you to go to the damn hospital you shoot it down with bullshit rebuttles.

If you don't want to go, then don't go and live with the consequences, or grow the fuck up, go to the hospital like a big girl, and fix your problems.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro