Should i go to the hospital?

JessicaH

Well, first you could refrain from claiming self hate in your title when your actual post is about your medical condition, and not hating yourself. Also, you started out saying you just didn't want to go to the hospital even though you had a serious illness. In reality, you just meant that you wanted to wait a few days to see if a non life-threatening condition clears up on its own. Not trying to offend you, but you just gotta explain yourself a little better, otherwise some people are going to perceive you as a troll even if you arnt.

At first, those were my true intentions, but later, they changed.

Well, first you could refrain from claiming self hate in your title when your actual post is about your medical condition, and not hating yourself. Also, you started out saying you just didn't want to go to the hospital even though you had a serious illness. In reality, you just meant that you wanted to wait a few days to see if a non life-threatening condition clears up on its own. Not trying to offend you, but you just gotta explain yourself a little better, otherwise some people are going to perceive you as a troll even if you arnt.

What should i change the title to?

The situation is that if i let it go low, then if i get injured, i am putting myself at risk of not healing as fast. Head injuries? I have to go directly to the hospital to get it fixed...

I had this since i was 9, I remember when they gave me a medication to cure it and i was on the hospital bed, having a severe allergic reaction to one of the medications they gave me. I was swelling everywhere and they had to put a gas mask on me to knock me out.

Well that sucks... If it were me, I'd tell them and go get this stuff pumped into me if it meant I'd avoid possible future problems. But again, that's me... I've never really been in hospital much, ever, and have only on a few occasions had needles and drips and what not, so obviously you probably hate it a lot more than I do... 

As I say, it's your life and only you can decide what's best for you - doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to other people's advice, but only ever do something because it's what you want to do, whether that decision was influenced by people's input or not

Good luck with whatever you decide. Stay well. (decide whether going back to the hospital is worth avoiding future health problems...)

Where?

Where is worse than the hospital?

Insane asylum?

nothing is worse than the hospital

Are you four?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Well that sucks... If it were me, I'd tell them and go get this stuff pumped into me if it meant I'd avoid possible future problems. But again, that's me... I've never really been in hospital much, ever, and have only on a few occasions had needles and drips and what not, so obviously you probably hate it a lot more than I do... 

As I say, it's your life and only you can decide what's best for you - doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to other people's advice, but only ever do something because it's what you want to do, whether that decision was influenced by people's input or not

Good luck with whatever you decide. Stay well. (decide whether going back to the hospital is worth avoiding future health problems...)

" If it were me, I'd tell them and go get this stuff pumped into me if it meant I'd avoid possible future problems."

The reason im contemplating this, is because it only works temporarily. If i had to get stabbed through my arm with a gigantic needle, i would do it if it ment i was permenentantly cured.

Are you four?

Please read the rest of my posts before claiming i am four.

I should delete that but at the time i was really scared and nervous/ in denial.

I would do anything, ANYTHING to get permanently cured.

ITP is Treatable by a medical professional

Just get it treated and not worry anymore

What should i change the title to?

Something related to the topic... how about something simple like, "Should I go to the hospital"? Honestly, I dont understand why you would just drop a bomb like "I hate myself" and then follow that with an unrelated topic. Honestly, I'm almost more concerned about why you would have even said that. Are you depressed? Do you need someone to talk to? Your mental health is important too.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

" If it were me, I'd tell them and go get this stuff pumped into me if it meant I'd avoid possible future problems."

The reason im contemplating this, is because it only works temporarily. If i had to get stabbed through my arm with a gigantic needle, i would do it if it ment i was permenentantly cured.

Ah... I see your point. Again, sometimes we have to sacrifice something... I mean, I'm not saying this is the same as your problem, but I have a skin problem where I have to apply stuff to my skin at night, and it's really fucking painful... Like, cannot sleep kinda painful. I'd also do ANYTHINNNNNNNG for it to go away permanent, but, it doesn't work like that... 

I'm being no help to you here because I don't have any experience or know anything about your problem, I'm assuming you've been to multiple doctors and this is the only option?

Unfortunately it cannot be cured..but it can be kept away by a medical profession...Don't they give pills or something

PLZ GOD I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT IT NOT BEING CUREABLE...Anyone pls

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Unfortunately it cannot be cured..but it can be kept away by a medical profession...Don't they give pills or something

Google said its treatable 

In children, ITP usually resolves without any treatment. Adults commonly need treatment with medications for bleeding. Rarely the spleen may need to be removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GET IT CHECKED OP

Just go tell your parent and include them in your decision to wait a couple of days and im sure they will but if htey disagree with you its for your own good, take it from a person who regrets not sharing. Just go talk to them or the consequences will be worse than a stinging in your arm.

ITP is Treatable by a medical professional

Just get it treated and not worry anymore

You dont understand.

I have been through more medications in your entire lifetime for one single gosh darn autoimmune disease, not one of them was permenant

In children, ITP usually resolves without any treatment. Adults commonly need treatment with medications for bleeding. Rarely the spleen may need to be removed.

As a child, it never resolved by itself.

Something related to the topic... how about something simple like, "Should I go to the hospital"? Honestly, I dont understand why you would just drop a bomb like "I hate myself" and then follow that with an unrelated topic. Honestly, I'm almost more concerned about why you would have even said that. Are you depressed? Do you need someone to talk to? Your mental health is important too.

Changing it right now.

Ah... I see your point. Again, sometimes we have to sacrifice something... I mean, I'm not saying this is the same as your problem, but I have a skin problem where I have to apply stuff to my skin at night, and it's really fucking painful... Like, cannot sleep kinda painful. I'd also do ANYTHINNNNNNNG for it to go away permanent, but, it doesn't work like that... 

I'm being no help to you here because I don't have any experience or know anything about your problem, I'm assuming you've been to multiple doctors and this is the only option?

Yes

i have been to many doctors.

):

In children, ITP usually resolves without any treatment. Adults commonly need treatment with medications for bleeding. Rarely the spleen may need to be removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GET IT CHECKED OP

So is that another word that "yes it can be cured or prevented from a happening again?"  While things probably don't work like that like shadowcaptain stated

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

In children, ITP usually resolves without any treatment. Adults commonly need treatme

the fuck?

DO YOU NOT THINK I HAVE TRIED TO GET MY FUCKING SPLEEN REMOVED???

I REMOVED MY SPLEEN 4 YEARS AGO!

Please delete that large font.

the fuck?

DO YOU NOT THINK I HAVE TRIED TO GET MY FUCKING SPLEEN REMOVED???

I REMOVED MY SPLEEN 4 YEARS AGO!

Actually nope I didnt even think you would have

Im not a doctor, My dad is, im not I have no clue what im talking about tbh

What?

I thought it relatively straightforward, but I guess you might feel under attack a tad.  Let me ask again:

Are you feeling okay today?  Better or worse? :)

i hate needles

Who the fuck cares if you don't like needles? If it keeps you from smashing your face into your keyboard and rolling off of it dead, deal with it. I used the hate needles with a passion, and now I honestly give zero shits (hell, the last time I was thinking about what I was gonna have for lunch).

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but I just don't like it when people are willing to risk their health because they don't like something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I know how you feel about needles (I'm the same as you ... I frickin' hate the pain) but I'd say tell your parents/go to the doctor now before it gets worse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

So...

i have a type of virus called ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura)

I get a blood test every 3 months

about 1 month ago, i took the blood test, and i was fine.

But now i see red dots on feet, etc...

My platelets go down so low that the small veins in my body break and blood is released, kind of like a red rash, but with red dots.

I know this is IPT because this is what IPT looks like

I dont know if i should tell my parents, because...

whenever this comes back, i always have to go to the hospital, my parents get really sad, and i have to get an iv in my arm with rituximab. 

The iv really hurts, and it takes a day out of life, sitting in the hospital, with something in my arm putting rituximab into my body.

(It is four courses of iv in my arm)

This is the fourth time this is coming back

Do i tell my parents?

i dont really care if you know what medical problems i have because you will never find out who i am outside of the internet.

Please...

i dont want to tell my parents

I also think that this disease is caused by stress

and i am very stressed at my new school that i changed to

EDIT:

My final decision is that i am going to wait a couple of days, as the symptoms are really mild. (Dots are really light)

stress influences just about everything in your body negatively, "stressed out? Let me make your body react negatively" is pretty much what your brain would say if it could figuratively speak.

go tell you're parents, they'll be concerned for you, but it's better than letting them find out on their own if your condition worsens. And besides, it's nowhere near as bad as what could happen if you didn't go.

Tell the doctor that it hurts when the needle is in, maybe they can give you a pain killer to help you. It doesn't  hurt to ask,

EDIT: hey, I don't like needles either but having that stabbed into your arm to keep you from bleeding out is better than having your symptoms dramatically worsen and you bleeding out and dying.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

You can either go tell your parents so they can take you to a doctor or do nothing and continue to write these sob-stories online.

It's really that simple and yes there is a good chance you will never be permanently cured but there are a fuck-ton of people with diseases that can't be cured who have to take pills or injections every day, maybe even spend half a lifetime in a hospital bed.

Life is a load of complete shite sometimes, it just is and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

To me it really sounds like you're looking for some easy permanent solution, I don't know if there is one but one thing's for sure:
You aren't gonna find it here.

So...

i have a type of virus called ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura)

I get a blood test every 3 months

about 1 month ago, i took the blood test, and i was fine.

But now i see red dots on feet, etc...

My platelets go down so low that the small veins in my body break and blood is released, kind of like a red rash, but with red dots.

I know this is IPT because this is what IPT looks like

I dont know if i should tell my parents, because...

whenever this comes back, i always have to go to the hospital, my parents get really sad, and i have to get an iv in my arm with rituximab. 

The iv really hurts, and it takes a day out of life, sitting in the hospital, with something in my arm putting rituximab into my body.

(It is four courses of iv in my arm)

This is the fourth time this is coming back

Do i tell my parents?

i dont really care if you know what medical problems i have because you will never find out who i am outside of the internet.

Please...

i dont want to tell my parents

I also think that this disease is caused by stress

and i am very stressed at my new school that i changed to

EDIT:

My final decision is that i am going to wait a couple of days, as the symptoms are really mild. (Dots are really light)

OP you should tell your parents and go to the hospital as soon as possible, even if you are scared of needles.

A few years ago, I avoid telling my parents or anybody that I had intense stomach pains. I hid my stomach pains for a week until one day, my body felt that it was burning up while I was lying down on my bed and then I rolled onto the ground. Good thing I let out one big scream before passing out. if not, my sister would have not found me. I was told that I was not breathing for a while. I was rushed to the hospital after the paramedics got to my house. Then after a few tests, which included drawing blood and a biopsy on my stomach. I found out that not only did I have a stomach ulcer, I had a bacteria called H. pylori. After a few months of medicine, I was cured.

Moral of the story: tell your parents or they won't know that you have something wrong and you'll end up in a dangerous situation. Even if you are scared of needles. I am scared of needles, but you must put your overall health ahead of your fears. My tip for fear of needles: look away and relax your arm or you can ask them to use painless needles (Yes those exist)

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w