Should i go to the hospital?

JessicaH

I thought it relatively straightforward, but I guess you might feel under attack a tad.  Let me ask again:

Are you feeling okay today?  Better or worse? :)

Im feeling really down that its back ):

Who the fuck cares if you don't like needles? If it keeps you from smashing your face into your keyboard and rolling off of it dead, deal with it. I used the hate needles with a passion, and now I honestly give zero shits (hell, the last time I was thinking about what I was gonna have for lunch).

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but I just don't like it when people are willing to risk their health because they don't like something.

I am currently not risking my health. I am praying to god that the faint marks of petichia (red dots) dont get worse, and if they do, im going directly to the hospital.

You can either go tell your parents so they can take you to a doctor or do nothing and continue to write these sob-stories online.

It's really that simple and yes there is a good chance you will never be permanently cured but there are a fuck-ton of people with diseases that can't be cured who have to take pills or injections every day, maybe even spend half a lifetime in a hospital bed.

Life is a load of complete shite sometimes, it just is and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

To me it really sounds like you're looking for some easy permanent solution, I don't know if there is one but one thing's for sure:

You aren't gonna find it here.

ok.

stress influences just about everything in your body negatively, "stressed out? Let me make your body react negatively" is pretty much what your brain would say if it could figuratively speak.

go tell you're parents, they'll be concerned for you, but it's better than letting them find out on their own if your condition worsens. And besides, it's nowhere near as bad as what could happen if you didn't go.

Tell the doctor that it hurts when the needle is in, maybe they can give you a pain killer to help you. It doesn't  hurt to ask,

EDIT: hey, I don't like needles either but having that stabbed into your arm to keep you from bleeding out is better than having your symptoms dramatically worsen and you bleeding out and dying.

I told them many times, they spray some sort of thing that is SOOO FUCKING COLD that it freezes my nerves to not feel anything, yet i still feel something...

also the doctors at my hospital are really bad filobotomists

;_;

OP you should tell your parents and go to the hospital as soon as possible, even if you are scared of needles.

A few years ago, I avoid telling my parents or anybody that I had intense stomach pains. I hid my stomach pains for a week until one day, my body felt that it was burning up while I was lying down on my bed and then I rolled onto the ground. Good thing I let out one big scream before passing out. if not, my sister would have not found me. I was told that I was not breathing for a while. I was rushed to the hospital after the paramedics got to my house. Then after a few tests, which included drawing blood and a biopsy on my stomach. I found out that not only did I have a stomach ulcer, I had a bacteria called H. pylori. After a few months of medicine, I was cured.

Moral of the story: tell your parents or they won't know that you have something wrong and you'll end up in a dangerous situation. Even if you are scared of needles. I am scared of needles, but you must put your overall health ahead of your fears. My tip for fear of needles: look away and relax your arm or you can ask them to use painless needles (Yes those exist)

PAINLESS NEEDLES?!?!?!

what???!

omg...

Tell me more about these needles...

Stop being a pussy

Go get treated

just because something hurts doesn't mean you should kill yourself over it...

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I am currently not risking my health. I am praying to god that the faint marks of petichia (red dots) dont get worse, and if they do, im going directly to the hospital.

o

what the dicks is this thing then

like my lawd it sounds scaryyyyyyyyy

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Stop being a pussy

Go get treated

just because something hurts doesn't mean you should kill yourself over it...

Thats what I said when I only read the first page, its actually more complicated

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Thats what I said when I only read the first page, its actually more complicated

well shit

i read the rest of the post

lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Im feeling really down that its back ):

Well, I wish you the best with any choice you make.  If you choose to wait it out, have emergency measures in place.  <<I feel scared advising this.

I know it takes a bit of courage to test your body the way you want to, but make sure there is a backup plan using intelligence.  Being smart is better than courageous.  You are only 17 and I can only guess you have a lot of learning to do still... the wisdom is not always there.  Make sure you give yourself a chance to gain that wisdom... as in, live long enough.

:)

I don't mind the immunization needles (like the ones they put into your muscle on your arm). No problem with them at all. I can even look at it while it's happening and not flinch a bit.

But when it's a needle going near my veins or something whether it's withdrawing blood or something I hate it, I mean I will do it if I have to but I just hate the thought of it, and hate it happening. (had to get blood tests when I was in kindergarten because my parents thought I had cancer because of swollen things in my neck, don't remember). It was hard but I did it, and I hated it. I just ended up after the first two times saying "meeehh" to myself and did it anyway. Didn't feel like arguing anymore. In the end I had no cancer, was just a buildup of mucus and such because of a bad cold/flu or something I got. The thing was at that age, as much as most of you think "aw poor thing" it was easier probably than now, because I really had no clue what was going on and just didn't want to do it because it was weird and it hurt. No real thoughts about it, just the fact that I didn't like it.

Those blood tests happened really fast though, I had a slightly higher than average blood pressure so the blood flowed through me no problem, nothing problematic though.

Well, if you don't want to go to the Hospital...

@JessicaH Here is some advice, 

Use the 15 minute rule. 

When you know that you need help ensure that you can get it. This means keep your phone charged and on you if you have one, and make sure people know where you are. 

Don't be afraid to talk to the doctor or a counselor, most have fairly strict confidentiality rules but ask them beforehand just to be sure. 

You know how you feel better than anyone else, make sure if you feel like you should do something about your condition that you make that happen. 

Sorry that many others have not honored your self determinism. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I'd probably have gone to the doctor. Going to the hospital is a bit much.

Those ''Ok.'' replies on people trying to give you honest advice makes me want to think that you are not being serious and just immature in this post.. Let me be clear here.. I am not trying to say that you are full of bullshit, but it seems like you are not even interested in some people's advice..

At this point I believe that not even telling your parents would just be really immature.

If you don't tell your parents then all of your treatment has been a waste of money, efforts, time, and stress for them, yourself, and the doctors who have treated you. Ultimately it is your decision just please don't do something stupid out of selfishness and fear of pain.

Most likely its not a big problem, but you won't know what your platelet count is unless you go get a blood test immediately. I'm sure you know if it gets to around 10,000 per microliter it can cause serious spontaneous internal bleeding or, in certain conditions, intracranial hemorrhage, which can be fatal. Im sure its not going to be that low but still, please don't be stupid. At least go get it checked out.

Well, if you don't want to go to the Hospital...

@JessicaH Here is some advice, 

Use the 15 minute rule. 

When you know that you need help ensure that you can get it. This means keep your phone charged and on you if you have one, and make sure people know where you are. 

Don't be afraid to talk to the doctor or a counselor, most have fairly strict confidentiality rules but ask them beforehand just to be sure. 

You know how you feel better than anyone else, make sure if you feel like you should do something about your condition that you make that happen. 

Sorry that many others have not honored your self determinism. 

Thank you!

I'd probably have gone to the doctor. Going to the hospital is a bit much.

When it gets this low, we first talk to my doctor, which is located in the hospital.

When you go there, put in earbuds and play John Cena while they're testing, and close your eyes.

That would be kind of weird...

"JOHN CENA *needle in* DO DO DO DOOO"

At this point I believe that not even telling your parents would just be really immature.

I told them

If you don't tell your parents then all of your treatment has been a waste of money, efforts, time, and stress for them, yourself, and the doctors who have treated you. Ultimately it is your decision just please don't do something stupid out of selfishness and fear of pain.

I told them, and honestly my death would be a waist of all that money, not not going.

Most likely its not a big problem, but you won't know what your platelet count is unless you go get a blood test immediately. I'm sure you know if it gets to around 10,000 per microliter it can cause serious spontaneous internal bleeding or, in certain conditions, intracranial hemorrhage, which can be fatal. Im sure its not going to be that low but still, please don't be stupid. At least go get it checked out.

SERIOUS UPDATE:

my mom and dad have said that it is nothing, when there is clearly something there.

I think that they are in denial, like the last time that i told this to them. This is really bad, because the last time that they were in denial, they ignored it until it was really evident that there were spots, at which point they went to say "Lets get you checked out just because your stressing over it so much..." and up to the point where they heard "Your platelet count is 1million..." They admitted me and my mom was balling her eyes out. This was one of the reasons why i was so reluctant to tell them....

but in the end they take me to the hospital either way...

Just go to the hospital, it's better to have it taken care of now than later when it becomes more serious or even life threatening.

I myself have a severe fear of needles, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and work through it, I'm sure you'd rather have just a few needles stuck into you for a smaller period of time than a large amount stuck into you for a large period of time.

I'm sure they say that it's nothing and such to keep you from panicking about it, not because they don't care.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Jessica H. At the risk of sounding insensitive, anyone that has a known medical issue and there is treatment for it then, If you want to live and live as well as you can, suck up your fears. If you dont you may end up dead long before you would have need to. Keep this in mind,, be glad your not a dialysis patient with an extreme fear of needles... They place two 17 to 15 gauge needles in your access 3 times a week. I know fear complicates things greatly but deal with fear or die young. A lot of people will probably find those sort of statements crude, offensive and insensitive, but living is about choices. Make the best ones you can, own your mistakes, face your fears and just live. Its a short short life we have.

Sucks to be you bro. You're just another dumb animal, no one really cares about you, maybe your family and some friends. in the end you will die alone and be dead forever, go see some cool shit, and also, grow up.

I got tired of reading the thread.

Take some responsibility and just call the hospital yourself. Call the non emergency line and tell them what's up and see what they recommend. That's what they're there for.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I got tired of reading the thread.

Take some responsibility and just call the hospital yourself. Call the non emergency line and tell them what's up and see what they recommend. That's what they're there for.

I sort of have a feeling that the OP is just trolling with this thread. The fact that he/she needs a thread to make such a decision about their life, and that they seem to take no advise what so ever from people and reply with words like "ok"... it's just too obvious. 

Someone lock this please.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

ITS THE 4TH TIME

I DONT WANT TO AT THIS POINT

i hate needles

Suck to be you. You have to go to the hospital. Not going is like me getting ketoacidosis and not going to hospital... Just go.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I sort of have a feeling that the OP is just trolling with this thread. The fact that he/she needs a thread to make such a decision about their life, and that they seem to take no advise what so ever from people and reply with words like "ok"... it's just too obvious.

Someone lock this please.

Literally no one in the entire history of mankind has ever said teenagers make good decisions, so there's that.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers