Should America ban guns?

No and only a truly idiotic Liberal would think we should. The idea that something should be banned because some people misuse it is absolutely stupid.

The problem isn't that America lacks the regulations and laws...the problem is that criminals don't 1) listen or abide by the laws and 2) the laws aren't followed in the first place (like no background check being done when it has to, no I.D check etc etc) by some selling the weapons.

What I think America should do is make the price of one bullet $5000 that'll make people think twice before killing someone.

So place guns in the hands of the rich...? :huh:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

oh, what a super great idea! Lets ban guns. I'm sure it will work out just as well as it did for Australia. *cough cough* armed robberies went up by 44% *cough cough*

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Ideally Fuck yeah! On my trip to NYC they carried machine guns with what looked like scopes like it was nothing

Realistically too many people have guns in the US for that to happen.

Which New York did you go to

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

The USA is too far gone for a ban to do any good. To stop mass shootings they require a massive culture change, and that is a stupidly hard thing to do.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

No and only a truly idiotic Liberal would think we should. The idea that something should be banned because some people misuse it is absolutely stupid.

The problem isn't that America lacks the regulations and laws...the problem is that criminals don't 1) listen or abide by the laws and 2) the laws aren't followed in the first place (like no background check being done when it has to, no I.D check etc etc) by some selling the weapons.

Only truly a idiotic Right-winger would believe that when gun regulations are in place, the NRA is not right to make sure those regulations can be skirted. 

Here:  NRA cohort blocks legislation to keep guns out of that hands of people on the terrorist watch list:  http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2013/04/24/178668578/people-on-terror-watch-list-not-blocked-from-buying-guns

Someone earlier mentioned stupidity should be banned.  I propose the US starts with a ban on republicans... that should get the ball rolling really nicely.

I would rather have a community of annoying "SJWs", then a bunch of bible thumping, war mongering, bigoted right-wingers any day of the year.  ;) :lol:

...and no, guns should not be banned.

Well i live in a country without guns, and no gun trafficking works in my country.

However for america it will be different, as losing guns is equal to losing the ability to defend themselves from the wild.

But not everyone should have guns, i feel that to have a giant gun stash is downright weird and no one should do that.

Hobby wise, eeeeeeeeh go find something else to shoot with maybe, its their decision ultimately.

oh, what a super great idea! Lets ban guns. I'm sure it will work out just as well as it did for Australia. *cough cough* armed robberies went up by 44% *cough cough*

And yet, we still live happily without fear of getting shot at work or school. In fact, gun deaths fell in Australia. So yeah...

But like I said in a previous post, banning guns in the USA is pointless. They need a cultural change.

1024px-Gun_Deaths.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia#/media/File:Gun_Deaths.png

If you ban guns the only people left with guns will be:

Police, Military and Criminals.

And the police aren't always available. It takes them time to get to the area of the crime, they can't always be there. So the question is, would you rather only criminals have guns or everyone to be able to have them?

Only truly a idiotic Right-winger would believe that when gun regulations are in place, the NRA is not right to make sure those regulations can be skirted. 

Here, NRA cohort blocks legislation to keep guns out of that hands of people on the terrorist watch list:  http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2013/04/24/178668578/people-on-terror-watch-list-not-blocked-from-buying-guns

Someone earlier mentioned stupidity should be banned.  I propose the US starts with a ban on republicans... that should get the ball rolling really nicely.

I would rather have a community of annoying "SJWs", then a bunch of bible thumping, war mongering, bigoted right-wingers any day of the year.  ;) :lol:

...and no, guns should not be banned.

What's the rant for against Republicans? Have you come to some conclusion that I am a Republican? You also incorrectly assume Republicans are the only ones against banning guns or imposing stricter gun laws. Well...let me just tell you that you are wrong.

@ the bolded: looks like I struck a nerve unintentionally. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What's the rant for against Republicans? Have you come to some conclusion that I am a Republican?

@ the bolded: looks like I struck a nerve unintentionally. lol

Nah, just picking an opposing side because you are so damn polarized you don't see straight.

...lol.

If you ban guns the only people left with guns will be:

Police, Military and Criminals.

And the police aren't always available. It takes them time to get to the area of the crime, they can't always be there. So the question is, would you rather only criminals have guns or everyone to be able to have them?

People do realize that the suicide rate difference alone between households with guns and those without is literally just as high as the overall (gun) homicide rate? 

That argument is so insanely invalid.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-ownership-and-use/

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Nah, just picking an opposing side because you are so damn polarized you don't see straight.

...lol.

Oh, I'm sure that's it. ^_^

People do realize that the suicide rate difference alone between households with guns and those without is literally just as high as the overall homicide rate? 

That argument is so insanely invalid.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/gun-ownership-and-use/

Sound bites of bad rationale affect the uninquisitive mind.  No point in caring to research things when you can just regurgitate what you heard.  Sucks, but most of us have fallen prey to bad info at some point.

And yet, we still live happily without fear of getting shot at work or school. In fact, gun deaths fell in Australia. So yeah...

But like I said in a previous post, banning guns in the USA is pointless. They need a cultural change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia#/media/File:Gun_Deaths.png

Wait are you pro or anti gun because your message seems anti but your graph shows no causality of australia's gun regulation and a fall in gun crime as the US also fell proportionally the same if not more

also it's off by a factor of 2.5 to 3 unless it's counting suicide, These are the homicide numbers

AzjBHAW.png

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Banning guns may very well fix -some- mass-shootings when far gone sociopaths and psychopaths have a difficult means of obtaining a weapon, but it will not fix gun crime.  The larger problem is, sadly - diversity and mental health.  In America the media has always had every group pinned against eachother in some way, and we've got so much diversity that we'll always have more crime issues than other countries.  Put a hundred people in a line and you'll find a grouping that have the same belief, and many more who have different belief; some of those beliefs hate one another and it is instilled in the people themselves.  You just can't get around it.  Our own constitution is in favor of us owning guns as Revolution is the most sacred right of every American.  It's in our very blood to have the means and capability as an organized populace to rise against our government at a moments notice and rebuild it.

Proper quote of Lafayette,  "When the government violates the people's rights, insurrection is, for hte people and for each portion of the people, the most sacred of the rights and the most indispensable of duties."  The capability of revolution is as American as pie.  Oh.. pie.  Mmm.  

Anyway.  Guns will likely never be banned in America, and banning them will not solve the problem.  Criminals will always get guns, mass-shootings will happen, and we'll always have the need to fix our damn mental health system and all health systems in America, because we're terrible at that.  

Wait are you pro or anti gun because your message seems anti but your graph shows no causality of australia's gun regulation and a fall in gun crime as the US also fell proportionally the same if not more

also it's off by a factor of 2.5 to 3 unless it's counting suicide, These are the homicide numbers

AzjBHAW.png

Well, pro gun or anti gun labels are an American construct and completely irrelevant to me. There's no gun control discussion in Australia.

Frankly I have no idea what you're talking about, I simply pulled this chart from Wikipedia which shows a lowering of gun deaths. Nit-picking numbers is pointless. You have lots of guns, deaths will go up. Remove guns, deaths will go down.

Problem is that the USA has a culture predisposed to mass violence, so banning guns may not change anything there.

Well, pro gun or anti gun labels are an American construct and completely irrelevant to me. There's no gun control discussion in Australia.

Frankly I have no idea what you're talking about, I simply pulled this chart from Wikipedia which shows a lowering of gun deaths.

Ah ok I miss understood your intentions with the graph

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Well I'm just happy that people don't have the same access to guns here as they do in the US. If not outright banning the things, at least make it a lot more difficult to obtain them. It's scary to think that pretty much anyone is able to own a gun until after they do something bad. I know mental health care is also a problem, but a lot of people that have issues aren't going to seek help, or they can't afford it. I don't think putting people like that on an 18 month waiting list for free mental health care is going to be much help to them.

Did not read the replies be for post this. (I decided to skip them this time around)

OP why start a flame war about guns? 

Have you read the US Constitution? and how improbable a gun ban would be?

It would take more of an undertaking to accomplish the idea you just asked about than is possible. (for the record I am not stating I am pro or anti here, those that have read my other posts in the other um-teen threads about firearms know where I sit)

I suggest that reading the requirement to make changes to the US Constitution and contemplate on your question for awhile. I do not need to make an argument either supporting or not supporting your question. The law is what it is whether people want it to change or not. FYI the Second Amendment was a fundamental pivotal idea that helped set the US on the path it has taken since its inception. It wont changed anytime soon or later for that fact.

Peoples opinion have no basis on whether or not the ban should happen unless the requirements to make such a change occur.

Nuff Said.

3766410-1719725379-tumbl.gifflamewars.jpg

Honestly why does this topic pop up every 8-9 weeks? The debate is endless, there are the same amount of supporters on each side of the fence with a few percent that straddle it.

To those that do attempt (if you do) to use anything from the Brady Campaign it is well known they offset their statistics.

(America is the last place to worry about its gun laws, there are other more immediate things to worry about worldwide.)

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Did not read the replies be for post this.

Did not read your post because of this. If you cannot be bothered to take others seriously enough to read their thoughts and opinions, do not expect me or anyone else extend you that favor.

First off it cant be so black and white guns banned or no gun laws. imo people should be allowed to own 1 pistol for home defense use that is is. no carrying or anything like that. if you want to go shooting go to a gun shop there you could obtain a rifle or shotgun for use at the range only (no automatics no large mags). if you want to go hunting you need a thorough background check and a permit to borrow a rifle or a shotgun for a day (and they would monitor if you dont return your weapon). oh ya and no gun shows (if anyone doesn't know you can buy weapons without a background check or permit at gun shows)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Outright ban guns? No.

Have better control over who can own one and crack down on the illegal gun sells/importation? Yes. If some no name kid, barely out of his teens(if at all) can get his hands on an automatic illegal weapon, surely the feds could too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

First off it cant be so black and white guns banned or no gun laws. imo people should be allowed to own 1 pistol for home defense use that is is. no carrying or anything like that. if you want to go shooting go to a gun shop there you could obtain a rifle or shotgun for use at the range only (no automatics no large mags). if you want to go hunting you need a thorough background check and a permit to borrow a rifle or a shotgun for a day (and they would monitor if you dont return your weapon). oh ya and no gun shows (if anyone doesn't know you can buy weapons without a background check or permit at gun shows)

Absolutely incorrect. Purchasing a firearm at a gun show has the same exact federal and state requirements as it does from any where else. The only situation this does not apply is private individual sales.

Absolutely incorrect. Purchasing a firearm at a gun show has the same exact federal and state requirements as it does from any where else. The only situation this does not apply is private individual sales.

actually there is no law that requires background check in private sales it is up to the seller (in most states)

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/safety-justice/gun-show-firearms-bankground-checks-state-laws-map.html

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

i rekcon if they did that 1/2 of the muricans population will go ape shit especially  those gun nuts

lives on

BAKABT