Should America ban guns?

Can't buy them in shops. You have to have licences, which, as a normal person you don't get. Hell there are even states in the U.S. where you can carry around your AR15 in public. 

@Mjvdk This has nothing to do with Paris. Terrorists have no problem getting guns, however in america they can buy them freely, in Europe they at least have to get them there.

The Problem with this banning thing is that so many americans have guns already and it's pretty much impossible to get them to hand them over to the government, and the government would have to pay huge amounts of compensation. Also its a part of the american culture, like alcohol, you cannot just ban it, won't work.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Isn't this political topic too sensitive for a tech forum?

On a tech forum I would hope more educated people could be found as opposed to social media, making it for a better discussion.

Yes ???

Don't you see a correlation here ? Not the slightest ?

I'll never understand u muricans

Im not an American -_- Im from Norway...

Yes ???

Don't you see a correlation here ? Not the slightest ?

I'll never understand u muricans

Violent crimes are at an all time low in america, and as I said earlier gang crimes with at least 4 casualties are counted as "mass shootings" 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

LTT off topic is all about discussions, just let it be!

Im not a mod I can't shut it down. Nor am I clicking the report button. But in general these topics get locked at some point because just as who I responded to said these topics are a little too political/controversial for a tech forum. 

On a tech forum I would hope more educated people could be found as opposed to social media, making it for a better discussion.

You would think that, but often that is not the case. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

We just need to put a ban on being stupid, but that's just as doable as expecting the media to produce unbiased reporting.

Look, as a (more of a) silent gun advocate, I'd totally be for the total ban of firearms if that meant no one at all could get their hands on one. The world would be a better place-ish, but that doesn't solve every single killing problem. You're still going to have people running other people over, you're still going to have stabbings. You're still going to have people killing other people. It won't stop.

Guns are just a tool which people choose to use to kill other people because they can get their hands on it and it's more efficient at killing than a knife or other tools. I'd personally rather be shot in the head than be stabbed in the chest if I'm going to be killed. I fucking hate knives. I'm even scared to hold one in my own house when I'm by myself.

@Fulgrim put it best, I think.

Can't buy them in shops. You have to have licences, which, as a normal person you don't get. Hell there are even states in the U.S. where you can carry around your AR15 in public. 

@Mjvdk This has nothing to do with Paris. Terrorists have no problem getting guns, however in america they can buy them freely, in Europe they at least have to get them there.

The Problem with this banning thing is that so many americans have guns already and it's pretty much impossible to get them to hand them over to the government, and the government would have to pay huge amounts of compensation. Also its a part of the american culture, like alcohol, you cannot just ban it, won't work.

That's exactly my point.

The US needs tighter gun law regulations, like almost every other country in the world

NOT a ban

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Did i say black people?

no

however i live 5 miles from Detriot, soooo if it so happens the majority of crimes committed are from a certain raise thats not on me. 

Im apoligize then. Im sorry, I thought you meant that. Will edit my post.

I'm just gonna let Jim do the arguing for me. If you don't watch it, don't quote me being a bigoted cunt.

We just need to put a ban on being stupid, but that's just as doable as expecting the media to produce unbiased reporting.

Look, as a (more of a) silent gun advocate, I'd totally be for the total ban of firearms if that meant no one at all could get their hands on one. The world would be a better place-ish, but that doesn't solve every single killing problem. You're still going to have people running other people over, you're still going to have stabbings. You're still going to have people killing other people. It won't stop.

Guns are just a tool which people choose to use to kill other people because they can get their hands on it and it's more efficient at killing than a knife or other tools. I'd personally rather be shot in the head than be stabbed in the chest if I'm going to be killed. I fucking hate knives. I'm even scared to hold one in my own house when I'm by myself.

@Fulgrim put it best, I think.

agree 100%

TL:DR

You can Ban Guns but you can't ban tools.

Stupid people are Stupid and need to disappear 

Actually, you kinda can :P Thats the sick thing...

No you cannot.  I live in America.   Sort of tired of all the day to day shootings and really wondering where we are going wrong.  But I do know you cannot just walk into the store, put cash on the table, and walk out that day with a gun.

Evidence or gtfo. 

lixbV.jpg

Another problem in america: You don't take driving lessons like you do in other countries (sure the driving licence is cheap - like 50$ in California compared to 1500-2000€ in Germany) but people don't know how to control cars and at the same time are overflooded with muscle cars exceeding 8l of cubic capacity and as much as 700hp stock. If you can drive a Challenger (my dad owns one), it can be one of the best cars out there, if you are untrained the rear will go south when not cautious

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Another problem in america: You don't take driving lessons like you do in other countries (sure the driving licence is cheap - like 50$ in California compared to 1500-2000€ in Germany) but people don't know how to control cars and at the same time are overflooded with muscle cars exceeding 8l of cubic capacity and as much as 700hp stock. If you can drive a Challenger (my dad owns one), it can be one of the best cars out there, if you are untrained the rear will go south when not cautious

not even driving lessons, just a majority of people don't have common sense, or logic, and are stupid.

I can't speak much, since I don't know much of the gun laws in any country, but they should do what the UK does.

No guns for citizens

guns for farmers to kill cattle.

At-least my brother said that's the UK law

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

It is a pointless debate, because it would be impossible to take away all of the guns from the people in the U.S. anyway.

What I think America should do is make the price of one bullet $5000 that'll make people think twice before killing someone.

That'll have only negative effects. You will only restrict people who are sport shooting, but people who intend to murder someone will be willing to pay the prize for it. Also, bullets from other countries would be sold in black markets for much cheaper than that.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Violent crimes are at an all time low in america, and as I said earlier gang crimes with at least 4 casualties are counted as "mass shootings" 

muricans are inherently violent, and need them gunz because pew pew pew freedomz

There is litterally no reason to have an assault rifle at home, unless you're living in a jungle

It's so funny listening to someone trying to explain why guns should be allowed cuz founding fathers and hurr of the durr

Now that this mother of a bait is set, i'm gonna lay back in my chair, light a smoke and watch people here going mad

ps : dont forget mentioning the first amendment 

It is a pointless debate, because it would be impossible to take away all of the guns from the people in the U.S. anyway.

You are the most sane among us sir

@Mug  Australia didn't ban guns btw they merely bought 40% of them, about 60% remain.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I can't speak much, since I don't know much of the gun laws in any country, but they should do what the UK does.

No guns for citizens

guns for farmers to kill cattle.

At-least my brother said that's the UK law

There is an idea.  I think I could support that one.

Other nations have guns, but they clearly do not have mass shootings every other day we seem to be slowly moving toward in America.  I really does beg the question, what is so different about here?

I'm just gonna let Jim do the arguing for me. If you don't watch it, don't quote me being a bigoted cunt.

-snip-

I watched the whole special on Netflix 2 days ago. I don't think what he says will work. When I watched it I thought his ideas was less based on analysis of the situation rather than comparing a system that works in Australia and assuming it would work in America. So Ban guns because other places have done it, that will solve the problem. Like I don't think you get answer much less uninformed than that. Next too the argument that says "everyone should carry gun to kill the original shooter".

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The world should ban guns

Guns are tools of killing

Killing is bad

Therefore guns are bad

By banning them you can no longer mass produce them in factories

This means they will be much harder to get

Meaning cost will skyrocket and the new guns will all be very unreliable

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

There is an idea.  I think I could support that one.

Other nations have guns, but they clearly do not have mass shootings every other day we seem to be slowly moving toward in America.  I really does beg the question, what is so different about here?

Violence must attach to America like a parasite, to be honest all these gun shootings and isis shit makes me more hesitant to get on a plane to go to orlando next year, than i've ever been

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

It should ban large weapons. 3: We dont need machine guns, pistols and hunting rifles are fine.

Moist

I watched the whole special on Netflix 2 days ago. I don't think what he says will work. When I watched it I thought his ideas was less based on analysis of the situation rather than comparing a system that works in Australia and assuming it would work in America. So Ban guns because other places have done it, that will solve the problem. Like I don't think you get answer much less uninformed than that. Next too the argument that says "everyone should carry gun to kill the original shooter".

EDIT: Maybe watch the second one first

Edited by Mug

Even most of the police here in England dont have guns just tazers.

Hell I don't think we're even allowed pepper spray