Should America ban guns?

My opinion is that you can't compare America to other countries. 

My opinion is you have to compare other nations to one another.  How else can you compare the standard of living, crime, ect...?

This is what happens when you have ridiculously strict gun laws and leaves there citizens helpless!

Australia Dec 3rd 2015

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/video/id-E2MGs5eTqymXm4hDWm5Bu1cStmDTykTe/Horrifying-CCTV-shows-man-crawling-away-after-being-shot

This is what happens when law abiding citizens are aloud to protect themselves with a firearm.

Needs to be some sort of middle ground so what happened today doesn't happen as often.

Even most of the police here in England dont have guns just tazers.

Hell I don't think we're even allowed pepper spray

A chav with pepper spray would be terrifying tbf

No you cannot.  I live in America.   Sort of tired of all the day to day shootings and really wondering where we are going wrong.  But I do know you cannot just walk into the store, put cash on the table, and walk out that day with a gun.

They do a background check that takes 5 minutes, and even IF they have previous charges, theres only a small chance you will be denied the purchase of a firearm. If you are getting defensive just beacuse you are an American, NOTE: What I am saying Is a fact.

It isn't exactly difficult to buy a rifle in canada either, we just have restrictions on what you can buy.  Also, no we don't have as many mass shootings as the US because we aren't as densely populated or targeted.

They do a background check that takes 5 minutes, and even IF they have previous charges, theres only a small chance you will be denied the purchase of a firearm. If you are getting defensive just beacuse you are an American, NOTE: What I am saying Is a fact.

Maybe different states have better laws, but here in Massachusetts you cannot walk out the door with a gun on the same day.  

If I'm defensive in any way whatsoever, it isn't became I'm an American so much as I use to believe in fewer gun laws and as of recently, I think it would be better to enforce strict regulations ... ie... I've come to believe my original idea concerning guns was wrong.   We need a lot more regulations and if I had the authority, I'd even seek to rewrite the constitution to enforce those restrictions.

The whole idea of a gun for anyone who wants one isn't working, isn't a good idea, and what we have now in place isn't enough to prevent what keeps happening here.   

Obama said something I am forced to agree with... This doesn't happen in any other civilized society, only here (America).   He's right.  Something needs to give.  We have a problem and we need to face it.

Mods are asleep. Quick. Post political opinions.

Exactly every time something like this happens someone has to make a thread about it ffs -_-

GLHF with people abiding to the idea someone coming to their door and requesting that their guns be surrendered to authorities...

In other words, its not happening. You cant simply remove the guns from the people, its would never work.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Black and White answer for a non-black and white issue is black and white...

(what I'm trying to get at is it's not just one or the other...)

I do think we need to fix something to prevent those who shouldn't get guns from getting guns but I don't think banning guns is the be all end all.

I'm not a huge fan of them but I know people who like their guns though I think some gun owners buy into the fear mongering of the Republican Party that all democrats or leftist are against guns and want to take your guns away. 

Something needs to be done to prevent things like San Bernardino, Sandy Hook, and Aurora from happening and they shouldn't be the normal.

I also don't think arming everyone is the solution either.   

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

With all the mass shooting taking place it really brings the question, should America ban guns?  Feel free to anonymously answer the poll and if you wish, feel free to share your thoughts here.

Why do people auto jump to banning guns?

It's not going to stop the bad guys from getting guns, it's just going to make it hard for the googd guys to get them

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

"Europe doesn't have these issues" 

Forgotten about Paris already, have we?

France doesn't have two shootings with a dozen dead in a week. Unlike the US, where there was the shooting at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs on Friday and this one today. The USA has a mass shooting in a school or public place pretty much once a week now. Countries with gun regulation do not have this happening.

It's not going to stop the bad guys from getting guns, it's just going to make it hard for the googd guys to get them

The experience elsewhere is that when the "good guys" don't have guns, the "bad guys" don't have them either. And they have less cases of "good guys" getting shot.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

People say "criminals don't follow laws". Well, in Europe, they have criminals too, but you do not see a mass shooting every other day.

I'm an american. Yes they should.

Will it change anything now? Probably not.

It would be better for the US, it's citizens, and the world if the goverment ACTUALLY wanted to and did take people's guns away. Sadly that is never going to happen.

BTW I own guns, I've shot them since childhood, I enjoy them.... That  doesn't make it better for society overall even for NORMAL people to have them. Hell suicide rates alone are WAY higher for households with guns even after all the environmental normalizations you want to throw at it.

I keep mine it a situation no one else could get it out unless they used sets of safe breaking tools, at which point, they clearly wanted it more. The key is I unlike so many Americans actually take care of the shit.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Countries with gun regulation do not have this happening.

What is upsetting is we have regulations, but it is still happening here. That is what is frustrating me.

People say "criminals don't follow laws". Well, in Europe, they have criminals too, but you do not see a mass shooting every other day.

The school shootings tend not to be committed by felons. If their "good guy" parents didn't have guns in the house, their kids wouldn't be able to use them to go and shoot their class-mates.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

No, there are other, easier and cheaper ways to kill someone.

like amonia and chlorine

= chlorine gass

= you die

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

The right to bear arms is too deeply ingrained in the American psyche to go for outright bans and to be perfectly honest even if the government tried millions of people would just hide/bury them. It's hard to say what the answer is.

We have very strict gun control here in Australia, to get a semi-automatic assault rifle on the black market here would cost you somewhere in the vicinity of $5000 and a handgun can cost up to double that price if you want something decent/clean. These prices alone are enough to keep illegal weapons out of all but the most determined criminals hands, that's not to say that we aren't without our own gun crimes here, we have a lot of shootings in Melbourne actually but its always gangland shootings/drive-byes and things of that nature which are almost exclusively targeted at rival criminals so the public is rarely involved.  

The point im getting to here is that accessibility is the problem here, Americans aren't any more prone to violence than Australians, we have lots of domestic violence and other such things but the opportunity for someone to just pick up a gun when they have been pushed over the edge just isn't there. As painful as it will be i think the US needs to rethink their gun control laws and maybe in a couple of generations time that level of accessibility will have dropped down and so will these random rampage shootings. 

What is upsetting is we have regulations, but it is still happening here. That is what is frustrating me.

Our national regulations are a joke. A big fat trade show joke. What relevance is there if one city has regulations when you can drive 1-3 hours away and go to another county/state without them?

like amonia and chlorine

= chlorine gass

= you die

25 bucks for 300 22 caliber rounds. 8 cents a kill? Not going to do better with chlorine (there is literally no easier way to kill someone than using a gun, unless you have like the worst aim ever...)

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The right to bear arms is too deeply ingrained in the American psyche to go for outright bans and to be perfectly honest even if the government tried millions of people would just hide/bury them. It's hard to say what the answer is.

We have very strict gun control here in Australia, to get a semi-automatic assault rifle on the black market here would cost you somewhere in the vicinity of $5000 and a handgun can cost up to double that price if you want something decent/clean. These prices alone are enough to keep illegal weapons out of all but the most determined criminals hands, that's not to say that we aren't without our own gun crimes here, we have a lot of shootings in Melbourne actually but its always gangland shootings/drive-byes and things of that nature which are almost exclusively targeted at rival criminals so the public is rarely involved.  

The point im getting to here is that accessibility is the problem here, Americans aren't any more prone to violence than Australians, we have lots of domestic violence and other such things but the opportunity for someone to just pick up a gun when they have been pushed over the edge just isn't there. As painful as it will be i think the US needs to rethink their gun control laws and maybe in a couple of generations time that level of accessibility will have dropped down and so will these random rampage shootings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

110 guns per capita? good luck with that one...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Our national regulations are a joke. A big fat trade show joke. What relevance is there if one city has regulations when you can drive 1-3 hours away and go to another county/state without them?

25 bucks for 300 22 caliber rounds. 8 cents a kill? Not going to do better with chlorine (there is literally no easier way to kill someone than using a gun, unless you have like the worst aim ever...)

chorine and amonia gas can be pumped through the ventilation shafts, mind you.

So you would kill everyone in the building in the amount of time it takes to spread gas through a ventilation shaft

more efficient

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

chorine and amonia gas can be pumped through the ventilation shafts, mind you.

So you would kill everyone in the building in the amount of time it takes to spread gas through a ventilation shaft

more efficient

As is nuking a city.... Kill everyone in a 3 mile radius in the time in uhh a few miliseconds.

More efficient...

Do you know how much chlorine gas you would need to evolve and transport to fill a buildings ventilation shafts with the requisite concentration of gas?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

As is nuking a city.... Kill everyone in a 3 mile radius in the time in uhh a few miliseconds.

More efficient...

Do you know how much chlorine gas you would need to evolve and transport to fill a buildings ventilation shafts with the requisite concentration of gas?

Not a lot actually.

If you were to eat 2 of the chlorine capsules that you put in your pool, you would die.

More efficient...

Also considering there are much more deadly toxins out there, guns are no match to chemistry

Science/Chemistry>Guns

EDIT:

Yes, guns are science

but there are other deadlier types of science

More efficient...

Look

you cant kill everyone in a building with a gun the same way you could with any other deadly gas

and there are a LOT of deadly gasses.