Pirate needs to make 200k Youtube views to avoid his fines

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

That's actually not unreasonable. I mean, persecuting piracy from minor infractions seems rather pointless in an on itself but at least this is akin to community service when other "pirates" get jail time for the same stuff. 

Exactly, especially since many don't what is wrong with the concept of privacy.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Have my view. And another on my second pc. And a third on my phone. Arrr' all for one and one for all!

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Why do they care so much..........

i see what the government spends thier tax money on............

instead of finding real criminals..........

KKym5gF.png

You don't think intellectual property has value? He stole intellectual property.

Piracy is NOT a lost sale, no company should be able to claim 'compensation' for a non-sale.

You're right. And if I copyevery aspect of the iPhone's design and sell it for 99 dollars, and I sell millions, it's not  lost sales for apple. Those people were never going to pay 699 for an iphone anyway. Apple shouldn't be allowed to sue me for damages. /s

A small fine of $500,000

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

I love that it only took 5 days for him to avoid having to pay 500K

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

212K hits, he's off the hook.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You don't think intellectual property has value? He stole intellectual property.

Stealing implies that said property was physically taken.

PMSL

It has, but in many cases it is overpriced. They still wont learn the simple lesson that less is more... :rolleyes: For instace i get 500€ monthly, half of that sum would go to maintain my home(electricity, rent fees/loan, etc). Im living with my parents because i found a job where i live. And a ....... movie costs anywhere from 15€ to 50€. And i have a relatively good payment in my country... Luckily for us the local copyright cult wont came after us because they get money from an extra tax on empty media. Its a win-win, we have entertainment and they have their money :D . Downloading games and software of course is the "black zone" even here...

Edited by jagdtigger

My view for the pirate. be free !

Never give up .. never surrender !

Gotta love how the viewer count spiked as soon as the news was out. Up urs corporate bullies, shoulda known the internet always wins B)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

200K? Judge should slapped him with 10 million views.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Piracy is NOT a lost sale, no company should be able to claim 'compensation' for a non-sale.

It's loss of a potential sale... Just like having an ISP compensate for a business for downtime (loss of productivity leading to income).

Ignorance isn't a valid defense in the court of law.

IMO: This is a great way to punish him because it helps spread their side of the story. Making someone bankrupt just makes people think that they have to hide their things more (using vpns and such), whereas this would maybe... just maybe stop 1 person from pirating something and by their hopes start a chain of events leading to the defeat of piracy.

I don't believe the punishment should be as bad for piracy as it is (regularly), but at the end of the day you are breaking the law.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Stealing implies that said property was physically taken.

Stealing doesn't have to be physical.

Stealing doesn't have to be physical.

The definition:

1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
    "thieves stole her bicycle"
    synonyms: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift; More
    have one's fingers/hand in the till;
    informalwalk off/away with, run away/off with, rob, swipe, nab, rip off, lift, ‘liberate’, ‘borrow’, filch, snaffle, snitch, souvenir;
    informalnick, pinch, half-inch, whip, knock off, nobble, bone, scrump, blag;
    informalheist, glom;
    informalsnavel;
    informaltief;
    archaiccrib, hook;
    informalwalk, go walkies
    "the raiders stole a fax machine"
    rarepeculation, defalcation
    "he was convicted of stealing"
    • dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.
      "accusations that one group had stolen ideas from the other were soon flying"
      synonyms: plagiarize, copy, pass off as one's own, infringe the copyright of, pirate, poach, borrow, appropriate; More
      informalrip off, lift, pinch, nick, crib
      "he alleged that his work was stolen by his tutor"
    • take the opportunity to give or share (a kiss) when it is not expected or when people are not watching.
      "he stole kisses in shop doorways"
      synonyms: snatch, sneak, obtain stealthily, get surreptitiously
      "she was a beauty, and he'd often wanted to steal a kiss"
    • (in various sports) gain (an advantage, a run, or possession of the ball) unexpectedly or by exploiting the temporary distraction of an opponent.
      "he stole the ball from Kevin Scott to run on and score his seventh League goal"
    • Baseball
      run to (a base) while the pitcher is in the act of delivery.
      "he claims he can steal a hundred bases this season"
  2. 2.
    move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.
    "he stole down to the kitchen"
    synonyms: creep, sneak, slink, slip, slither, slide, glide, sidle, slope, edge, move furtively, tiptoe, pussyfoot, pad, prowl More
    "he stole out of the room"
    abscond, decamp, make off, run off, run away, flee, bolt, take off, take flight, disappear, vanish, slip away, sneak away, beat a hasty retreat, escape, make a run for it, make one's getaway, leave, depart, make oneself scarce;
    informalsplit, scram, skedaddle, vamoose, skip, cut and run, make tracks, push off, shove off, clear off, hightail it, hotfoot it, show a clean pair of heels, do a bunk, do a runner, do a moonlight flit, do a disappearing act, head for the hills, fly the coop, take French leave, go AWOL;
    informalscarper;
    informaltake a powder, go on the lam, light out, bug out, peel out, cut out;
    informalhook it
    "she disobeyed a court order and stole away with the children"
    • direct (a look) quickly and unobtrusively.
      "he stole a furtive glance at her"

PMSL

You're a joke. 

The definition:

1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
    "thieves stole her bicycle"
    synonyms: purlointhievetake, take for oneself, help oneself to, lootpilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate,abstract, carry off, shoplift; More
    have one's fingers/hand in the till;
    informalwalk off/away with, run away/off with, robswipenab, rip off, lift, ‘liberate’, ‘borrow’, filchsnafflesnitchsouvenir;
    informalnickpinchhalf-inchwhip, knock off, nobblebonescrumpblag;
    informalheistglom;
    informalsnavel;
    informaltief;
    archaiccribhook;
    informalwalk, go walkies
    "the raiders stole a fax machine"
    theftthievingthieveryrobberylarcenyburglaryshoplifting, pilfering, pilferage, looting, appropriationmisappropriation;
    rarepeculation, defalcation
    "he was convicted of stealing"
    • dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.
      synonyms: plagiarizecopy, pass off as one's own, infringe the copyright of, piratepoachborrowappropriate; More
      informalrip off, liftpinchnickcrib
    • take the opportunity to give or share (a kiss) when it is not expected or when people are not watching.
      "he stole kisses in shop doorways"
      synonyms: snatchsneak, obtain stealthily, get surreptitiously
      "she was a beauty, and he'd often wanted to steal a kiss"
    • (in various sports) gain (an advantage, a run, or possession of the ball) unexpectedly or by exploiting the temporary distraction of an opponent.
      "he stole the ball from Kevin Scott to run on and score his seventh League goal"
    • Baseball
      run to (a base) while the pitcher is in the act of delivery.
      "he claims he can steal a hundred bases this season"
  2. 2.
    move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.
    "he stole down to the kitchen"
    synonyms: creepsneakslinkslipslitherslideglidesidleslopeedge, move furtively, tiptoepussyfootpadprowl More
    "he stole out of the room"
    absconddecamp, make off, run off, run away, fleebolt, take off, take flight, disappearvanish, slip away, sneak away, beat a hasty retreat, escape, make a run for it, make one's getaway, leavedepart, make oneself scarce;
    informalsplitscramskedaddlevamooseskip, cut and run, make tracks, push off, shove off, clear off, hightail it, hotfoot it,show a clean pair of heels, do a bunk, do a runner, do a moonlight flit, do a disappearing act, head for the hills, fly the coop,take French leave, go AWOL;
    informalscarper;
    informaltake a powder, go on the lam, light out, bug out, peel out, cut out;
    informalhook it
    "she disobeyed a court order and stole away with the children"
    • direct (a look) quickly and unobtrusively.
      "he stole a furtive glance at her"

Yes, that's the definition, and I'm starting to question wether you even read your own definition

"take (another person's property) without permission or legal right "

"legal right"

One of the examples prodided  "dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.

synonyms: plagiarizecopy, pass off as one's own, infringe the copyright of, piratepoachborrowappropriate; More

According to you, since his work isn't physical, his tutor couldn't have stolen it. Nope. And look, pirate is right there in the synonyms.

You don't need legal rights to take physical things. And you're telling me intellectual property isn't property? This is why people who defend piracy are a joke.

Yes, that's the definition, and I'm starting to question wether you even read your own definition

"take (another person's property) without permission or legal right "

"legal right"

One of the examples prodided  "dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.

According to you, since his work isn't physical, his tutor couldn't have stolen it. Nope. And look, pirate is right there in the synonyms.

You don't need legal rights to take physical things. And you're telling me intellectual property isn't property? This is why people who defend piracy are a joke.

Piracy isn't taking any property. Its copying. And his tutor did steal it because he was acting as if it were his work.

PMSL

I like piracy. I also like buying things I like.

In combination, it's the greatest thing :D. I never really pirate music or movies though, only stuff I'd actually use sometimes, if there is no alternative software. 3DS Max being one of those I have no point in buying being I don't like it but I need it due to compatibility issues with other alternative applications. Almost everyone I know pirates it or uses an alternative... 

I watched it though, wish there were subtitles lol.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

"upwards of half a million dollars in fines"
"However since he couldn’t pay it"

Of course he couldn't... These fines are just ridiculous. It's just the court saying "you have to go bankrupt". As if some small time pirate ever even made anywhere near that much money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

"upwards of half a million dollars in fines"

"However since he couldn’t pay it"

Of course he couldn't... These fines are just ridiculous. It's just the court saying "you have to go bankrupt". As if some small time pirate ever even made anywhere near that much money.

Yeah, they aren't going to find good compensation from him. Pretty stupid, honestly. Half the people who contribute to piracy don't make jack unless it's from donations, they do it for a hobby and the name that comes along with it.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

your logic is flawed, he lost 0 money

and he wasn't going to buy the stuff anyway.

if anything this gets the creator more money.

If he didn't get the views, good luck trying to squeeze the money out of him.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If he didn't get the views, good luck trying to squeeze the money out of him.

He was at 130k this morning and now he's at 367k. He's gucci

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

He was at 130k this morning and now he's at 367k. He's gucci

I know, I was just saying even if he didn't get the views, good luck getting the money from him. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

9lEynTN.png

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx