Korean-made 10TB PCIE and 8TB SATA SSD are now available for pre-order in Japan

snowComet

According to Japanese tech media "Akiba PC", and a Japanese online computer store "oliospec.com", 2 Korean-made high capacity SSDs are available for pre-order, and they are not cheap.

ns1.jpg

NS370 from NovaChips

olio1.jpg

NS570

The SSDs are made by a Korean company called "Novachips". They used a technology called "HyperLink NAND", which according to Novachips, it is "Next generation Flash delivering superior scalability, performance and reliability over Flash storage systems that use conventional NAND Flash devices." (If you want to know more about HyperLink NAND, you can visit this page from Novachips: http://www.novachips.com/hlnand_flash.shtml )

The SSDs available for pre-order are "NS370", which still is a  8TB SATA 3 SSD (15MM thick), and "NS570", which is a 10TB PCIE Gen 2 SSD with NVME, and using SFF-8639 as connector. Because it is still a SATA 3 SSD, the read and write speed of "NS370" is around 540MB/s and 500MB/s, while that of "NS570" is around 1.5GB/s and 1.4GB/s respectively.

These SSDs are not cheap. the 8TB NS370 is now available for pre-order in a Japanese online computer store called "oliospec.com" for 1,260,000 yen, which is around $10438, and estimated to ship in three months; while the NS570 is priced around 1,890,000 yen, which is around $15657, and you may need to wait four months for the SSD.

ns2.jpg

ns3.jpg

ns4.jpg

ns5.jpg

ns6.jpg

ns7.jpg

Akiba-PC's article about NS370

http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20151022_727035.html (in Japanese)

Akiba-PC's article about NS570

http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20151023_727056.html

Pre-order page of NS370 on oliospec.com

http://www.oliospec.com/item_detail/itemCode,NS370C08T0CC-1-1/ (in Japanese)

Pre-order page of NS570 on oliospec.com

http://www.oliospec.com/item_detail/itemCode,NS570-10TB/ (in Japanese)

http://www.novachips.com/flash_storage.shtml?

Novachips Flash Storage Product Guide

http://www.novachips.com/docs/Novachips%20Product%20Guide%202015.pdf

These SSDs are not cheap. the 8TB NS370 is now available for pre-order in a Japanese computer store called "oliospec.com" for 1,260,000 yen, which is around $10438, and the estimated to ship in three months; while the NS570 is priced around 1,890,000 yen, which is around $15657, and you may need to wait four months for the SSD.

8TB SSD, or car....

I think a car

or two

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

so they toke 8 normal 1tb ssds, toke the inside out and then put it back together in one case? damn....​

My profile picture says enough

Damn. If it was free shipping I would take two but shipping is too expensive.

Impressive SSDs though. Especially the PCIe one. I would really like to have it :( but finally there are SSDs that are catching up to HDD capacity.

it's amazing how the Anime culture is so widespread it's even in some official papers and speed numbers promoting a product. like wtf?

anyway, i think i'd rather get me a BMW E46 M3 for that kind of money. :P

it's amazing how the Anime culture is so widespread it's even in some official papers and speed numbers promoting a product. like wtf?

I think what you are referring to is crystal disk mark shizuku edition, which is very 'kawaii', yes, but in not way official or representative of the company, rather just a widely accepted benchmarking tool.

Clearly anyone in the industry worth their salt knows the Shizuku edition is the only edition you should use. It's a simple fact.

CrystalDiskMark3-en.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I, uh.. yeah.. So, who wants to chip in to get one of these?

I'm taking a different approach: 

I'm placing a 256 GB SSD on top of 2 4TB hard drives, dousing them with goat's blood, and reading the Segate warranty terms backwards. 

Candles for effect. 

muh specs 

All parts black

0.19$ per gb doe. FUCKIN' 'MAZING

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

I'm taking a different approach: 

I'm placing a 256 GB SSD on top of 2 4TB hard drives, dousing them with goat's blood, and reading the Segate warranty terms backwards. 

Candles for effect. 

When in doubt--always resort to dark magic.  It works.

One word:

Japan

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The future is nigh.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

When in doubt--always resort to dark magic.  It works.

"It's like magic, but with electricity"

muh specs 

All parts black

Lol and gg hdds. You gonna be gone within 5 years.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think what you are referring to is crystal disk mark shizuku edition, which is very 'kawaii', yes, but in not way official or representative of the company, rather just a widely accepted benchmarking tool.

Clearly anyone in the industry worth their salt knows the Shizuku edition is the only edition you should use. It's a simple fact.

i agree that it indeeds adds a lot of professionalism aswell as science to your product.

i agree that it indeeds adds a lot of professionalism aswell as science to your product.

on crystal disk info- if you click her she changes seasons/outfits. Which is really cute, you need a smile when it tells you your hard drive is fucked. 

muh specs 

All parts black

-snip-

"It's like magic, but with electricity"

the last bit of subtitle is not correct though.

Nice, lovely flash storage there :D

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

In a year or two this will probably be a lot cheaper. Not only that but previous gen flash ssds will be a lot cheaper now since this is hitting the market.

The end of HDD's is even nearer than i thought.

cough cough ... well bye bye Seagate xD

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

This is definitely gonna be on my upgrade list down the road. Mmmmmm

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

For those who say will put it in their upgrade lists. Have you guys read the article and look at the price?

For those who say will put it in their upgrade lists. Have you guys read the article and look at the price?

Yeah I've read it. That's why I mentioned down the road. I just built mine, not planning an overhaul for at least 2yrs so, hopefully by then it's not $10k.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

0.19$ per gb doe. FUCKIN' 'MAZING

You did your math backwards.  Its ~$1.30 per GB for the 8TB, and ~$1.50 for the 10TB.  (rounded for ease of display)

You did your math backwards.  Its ~$1.30 per GB for the 8TB, and ~$1.50 for the 10TB.  (rounded for ease of display)

Loooooool. I crai errytim.