6th gen consoles still incredibly playable in 2015!

Mikjul

Or am i alone?

For the passed 2 hours i have been playing Gran Turismo 3 on my PS2 slim... This is not a nostalgia trip at all...

Hooked up with component HD leads at 480P... It looks really crisp and the colours are really something.

I get the same thing from playing my OG Xbox and Dreamcast, these consoles hold up surprisingly well and all games have a uniformed look so the overall representation is flawless on that system.

I use Component for Xbox too.. Really need a VGA box for my DC but S-Video is still nicer than composite.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

i just play my ps2 games on my pc via emulation.

hell. im rocking a snes with mighty morphin power rangers. old consoles are still good

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

You could upscale it and add some AA whilst you're at it with PCSX2. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

how is the PS2 6th gen?

were there 5 before it?

is the PS4 8th gen?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hell. im rocking a snes with mighty morphin power rangers. old consoles are still good

Old Consoles>new consoles.

Back then they were actually worth something compared to the PC.

how is the PS2 6th gen?

were there 5 before it?

is the PS4 8th gen?

ps1 ps1 slim  gray ps1 white ps2 black ps2 slim. black ps2 

i know of 5 versions before ps3 era.

hmm

Old Consoles>new consoles.

Back then they were actually worth something compared to the PC.

They still are, Sony has Naughty dog at their disposal, one perfectly fine reason to buy a console IMO

:/

Yep, love my PS2 and GameCube still :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

how is the PS2 6th gen?

were there 5 before it?

is the PS4 8th gen?

5 Generations of consoles, not 5 Playstations :P

They still are, Sony has Naughty dog at their disposal, one perfectly fine reason to buy a console IMO

naw naughty dog lost me after they canceled Jak 4 

how is the PS2 6th gen?

were there 5 before it?

is the PS4 8th gen?

gen 1

magnovox Odyssey 

gen 2

atari 2600

magnovox Odyssey 2

gen 3

NES

Master system

gen 4

SNES

Genesis

Turbo-Grafx 16

gen 5

n64

ps1

saturn

gen 6

ps2 

xbox

gamecube

dreamcast

gen 7

xbox 360

ps3 

wii

gen 8

wii u

ps4

xbox one

if you want more info on the console gaming industry, just ask or pm me

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

naw naughty dog lost me after they canceled Jak 4 

yup, they're milking the cash cow known as Uncharted now.

Excuse the terrible camera.

Ve1TS09.jpg

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I only own a PS2, Original Xbox, PS1, and a Dreamcast.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

ps1 ps1 slim  gray ps1 white ps2 black ps2 slim. black ps2 

i know of 5 versions before ps3 era.

hmm

I don't consider those generations. The PSOne's are all the same, save for a few minor differences. The main hardware is really the same.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Oh hell yea. There are so many great games that you can get and buy a ps2 for a fraction of the cost of ps4 with no game.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I've been playing the HD remaster of FFX on the ps3 and honestly there isn't much improvement from a graphics standpoint from the original on the PS2.

It looks a tad bit better on the 60inch television, but when on my 20 inch LCD there isn't much difference in the appearance.

That isn't saying the remaster is "bad" but that the original was that good.

Even the 360 and PS3 (Which are going to be abandoned by their developers soon) have lots of hidden gems (exclusive games) that me and my friends have dumped hours into during sleepovers. And I am talking those unpopular games that nobody wants or owns.

I myself still have my gamecube with over 30 games for it. All still work, and I sometimes come back and play it because of how fun and awesome those games were. Makes me wish they would remaster/remake some of the games for PC/Next gen.

Don't forget old PC games either. 

Look up Descent series, (Descent 3 was my favourite, played it a lot as a kid). I am sure you will be amazed.