How to pronounce GIF.

Thoughts? Arguments? Pronouncing it as JIF just feels awkward for me.

Yes it's TheoJoe, he has some legitimate videos.

Pronounce it how ya like, I'll still pronounce it with a hard G. Just interesting.

blackshades on

People honestly just need to let it go. Pronounce it however you want. The thought of this subject hurts my head... 

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

My sensei tell me that ancient oral tradition go back thousand of year back in china, he say old ancient emperor say geeeeeeefffff

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

People honestly just need to let it go. Pronounce it however you want. The thought of this subject hurts my head... 

Yes I thought the video was somewhat interesting. We know the truth now!

blackshades on

Uhh... Answer B?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Let's be honest most people just use gif and not jif version. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Everyone says it how they say it. Just like every other word that is said differently depending on where you live and what not. I say it like gift without the t because that's what makes most sense to me.

Let's be honest most people just use gif and not jif version. 

Some guy on the forum says everyone he knows pronounce it as JIF and said he never heard anyone pronounce it as GIF before..

I kinda wanna tag him now, because he seemed very passionate about this subject  :rolleyes:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thio Joe Tech is his legit channel XP

Always pronounced it jif but that's because I'm italian, but I get why people pronounce it with the hard g.

Pronounce it like it want people will understand you anyway.

You can honestly argue it either way.

Just let people say it how they say it and when someone says it differently than you do, don't start a flame war.

There are honestly bigger problems in the world that we could be putting our time into than this.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Some guy on the forum says everyone he knows pronounce it as JIF and said he never heard anyone pronounce it as GIF before..

I kinda wanna tag him now, because he seemed very passionate about this subject  :rolleyes:

Well if you're coming from a tech background yeah, my flat mates all pronounce it gif not jif(not very tech saavy), if I said it is jif I would just get strange looks and look like a tool. I guess it just depends on the environment and the country too. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

With a G.

If it's with a J why isn't called Jif? So stupid.

Can't tell if troll, or didn't watch the video.

blackshades on

Nope, it will always be hard G Gif for me.

I don't care about how the "English language" supposedly work according to this guy, I'm French.

And to be honest, I have a hard time taking this guy seriously when all he does is call everyone who disagree with him an idiot, stupid, retarded etc...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Can't tell if troll, or didn't watch the video.

Didn't watch, I just said how I do things and what I think about it.

I'm sure this guy just quoted the old dude who made .Gif

Also there is nothing troll about my comment. Just my opinion.