How to pronounce GIF.

Thoughts? Arguments? Pronouncing it as JIF just feels awkward for me.

Yes it's TheoJoe, he has some legitimate videos.

Pronounce it how ya like, I'll still pronounce it with a hard G. Just interesting.

No,,,, wrong,,,,

JIF is cleaning solution and its spelt CIF.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

And to be honest, I have a hard time taking this guy seriously when all he does is call everyone who disagree with him an idiot, stupid, retarded etc...

You know this guy is not 100% being serious?

This is coming from a channel with the video "How to double your internet for free" and he just taped two batteries to an ethernet cable to 'achieve' that  :rolleyes:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

LMAO THIS DUDE SO FUCKIN SALTY LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck him and his dumbass lookin facial hair lmaoo

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Didn't watch, I just said how I do things and what I think about it.

I'm sure this guy just quoted the old dude who made .Gif

Also there is nothing troll about my comment. Just my opinion.

For once, thiojoe actually had legitimate rules as to why it's pronounces JIF. I donlt care though, going to pronounce it as I like anyway.

blackshades on

I pronounce it like gift w/o the t. I see it as a potato/tomato/caramel/etc word, 2 ways to pronounce it depending on where your from or how you first read it as.

Have a friend that purposely pronounces it with a hard 'i' just cause. To you people, f**k u! There is only 2 ways to say this word xD

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

With a G.

If it's with a J why isn't called Jif? So stupid.

If we don't pronounce K in Knight why type it ? So stupid.

If we pronounce c in car like k why not write kar ? So stupid. ( I would've used the transcription but I felt it isn't needed )

I guess you know where I'm going now right ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If we don't pronounce K in Knight why type it ? So stupid.

If we pronounce c in car like k why not write kar ? So stupid. ( I would've used the transcription but I felt it isn't needed )

I guess you know where I'm going now right ?

Totally and I actually agree. It is stupid.

I say "gif" in Norwegian, but "jif" in English. Just makes sense to me xD

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Why does he behave like an asshole with his head planted firmly up his anus? 

Could have done this video in a much better way without coming across as an arrogant tit. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Totally and I actually agree. It is stupid.

But that's English for you, a lot of things don't make sense it's just they way the are meant to be.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

so, i didnt watch the video (im at work).  but   allow me to inform you   "The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations. They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G’, pronounced ‘jif’. End of story." - Steve Wilhite *creator of the .gif format*

yes it stands for Graphics Interchange Format, you're still wrong

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

English is unrelated because it's like that with most if not all languages.

We are discussing English so i don't know how it's unrelated, and I didn't even mention other languages so I'm lost.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I meant the whole C sounding like K and so on.

It's not just In English, every language have it.

And ? how does that change anything ? I know other languages are a mess too and don't make a lot of sense.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Not sure why you need to pronounce words like "gif" or "meme" out loud, they're mostly internet related I usually don't talk about internet shit with people irl

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not sure why you need to pronounce words like "gif" or "meme" out loud, they're mostly internet related I usually don't talk about internet shit with people irl

Oh I use Microsofts voice detection on my Xbox one to translate into text. If I say GIF, the xbox types "GIFF", but if I say JIF then it types "GIF". Don't use keyboards anymore.

blackshades on

su6iDFe.gif

Well, for me it's hard G both in English and Spanish.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

My sensei tell me that ancient oral tradition go back thousand of year back in china, he say old ancient emperor say geeeeeeefffff

no

he say

YOU GO MAKE JAPANESE CARTOON

and thats why we have anime today!

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

And ? how does that change anything ? I know other languages are a mess too and don't make a lot of sense.

what? Never said anything about changes... I'm just applying that English wasn't the only language that's a mess.. That's all, no idea where you got the rest from.

It pronounce Jif?! I thought it pronounce Gif because the word similar to GIFT but just without a letter T at the end. 

what? Never said anything about changes... I'm just applying that English wasn't the only language that's a mess.. That's all, no idea where you got the rest from.

But why would you even say that ? It's common sense isn't it ? And back to original point just because it looks stupid doesn't mean it isn't right.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ