( Updated )Star Wars Battlefront Benchmarked On Nvidia And AMD, Runs Best On Radeon – Exceptionally Well Optimized Across The Board

Mr_Troll

What surprised me the most was the 9 fps lead in 1440p with the 290 against the 970 (61fps vs. 52fps)

Well AMD usually takes the lead when the resolutions starts to increase, but the 9 FPS is a bit of a surprise I'll admit. I wouldn't be surprised if the difference decreases with NV's drivers.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The first link on the main post does not work. It gives Forbidden 403 error

every link in this post works for me just fine.. idk..

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Well AMD usually takes the lead when the resolutions starts to increase, but the 9 FPS is a bit of a surprise I'll admit. I wouldn't be surprised if the difference decreases with NV's drivers.

http://anandtech.com/show/9698/nvidia-releases-35850-game-ready-drivers-for-star-wars-battlefront

the drivers used in the test were the one above... in short. they used Nvidias "Game ready WHQL" Battlefront drivers....

how the hell is the 290x beating the 980 and the fury x is within 5 fps either way of the 980 ti

Frostbite is the rare engine that was developed, tested and uses Radeon exclusive hardware API or open API's that work much better on them that on Nvidia, this is the only triple AAA engine that is biased toward AMD, that's why AMD performs better that normal under it.

Also AMD is EA hardware partner for graphics.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Awesome! So my 7970 will last me for this year's releases.

I used to be quite active here.

every link in this post works for me just fine.. idk..

I hope it works for everyone else too...

Frostbite is the rare engine that was developed, tested and uses Radeon exclusive hardware API or open API's that work much better on them that on Nvidia, this is the only triple AAA engine that is biased toward AMD, that's why AMD performs better that normal under it.

CryEngine is AMD GamingEvolved as well I believe

I remember Nvidia beating AMD in BF4 though. Did things change with this the new drivers that released with the 300 series? I don't think I've seen any BF4 benchmarks since catalyst 15.7.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I love how so many people are furiously denying the fact that they are Nvidia fanboys, while claiming the graphs might not be trustworthy. Ever since 300 series launched, AMD has been beating Nvidia in EVERY area other than 980Ti, and that's if you ignore dual GPU cards.

I hope my 7950 will be good enough. :(

BTW, thanks for the benchmarks OP. :D

I'm hoping it is enough as well as my 970 is currently being RMAed and using the 7950 in the mean time. I think the 7950 at 1ghz or above should be able to match the 380 performance. 

Edit: I wish they also tested with cores disabled and various overclocks and underclocks to see what is the sweetspot? Would it be the 4690k as usual or would more threads be beneficial. 

Expected results. 980ti still top dog. AMD does well in other segments. This is similar to what we have seen recently in many new games.

I remember Nvidia beating AMD in BF4 though.

NVIDIA does slightly beat AMD in battlefield 4 yes. Either way it's the best optimized AAA engine around. Also this benchmark is beta and already showing great performance across the board. It looks like a 960 can max it out if you stick to 1080p resolution.

NVIDIA users should not worry about the fact that Dice is partnered with AMD. Remember AMD gaming evolved titles tend to run better on Geforce GPUs than nvidia's own 'the way it's meant to be played' titles.

Awesome. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to get a constant 60 FPS on my 290, but those fears are gone now. Can't wait to play the beta tomorrow!

COMIC SANS

I'm hoping it is enough as well as my 970 is currently being RMAed and using the 7950 in the mean time. I think the 7950 at 1ghz or above should be able to match the 380 performance. 

Edit: I wish they also tested with cores disabled and various overclocks and underclocks to see what is the sweetspot? Would it be the 4690k as usual or would more threads be beneficial. 

My current OC of my Sapphire 7950. Max Temps are 69-73C

20f6133f73ec1c6bad72d0f07623ae2b.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

i am fairly sure ... if guru3d would bench all the AMD cards with the current driver through all the nvidia sponsored games.... we would see similar results...that how good AMD drivers are right now...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

i'm sure the R9 295x2, R9 390x2 and R9 Fury x2 will completely ignore the existence of the 980Tis

Hopefully they'll fix CF and microstutter issues by then.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Hopefully they'll fix CF and microstutter issues by then.

what issues?

yes CF profile may or may not be 100% ready atm...

microstutter -> that is a thing of the past...

seriously, ever since AMD stopped using the SLI/CF bridge, microstutter has been nearly eliminated.

I only ever get microstutters during valley with heavy OC.

old setup: 2x HD 7950 in CF

current setup: R9 295x2

I hope my 7950 will be good enough. :(

BTW, thanks for the benchmarks OP. :D

Should be. The r9 380 gets 60 fps, so I assume it would get 45-55 fps.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The real question is how well does it run on older hardware instead of all the new cards that are out. Got 2x GTX 670 and curious to see how they run. Cant get Origin to get updated so I cant play Battlefront yet, hopefully it will be me update before the beta ends.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

That part is a gives me mixed feelings

It shouldn't as Nvidia has topped on Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4, albeit a small margin.

I love how so many people are furiously denying the fact that they are Nvidia fanboys, while claiming the graphs might not be trustworthy. Ever since 300 series launched, AMD has been beating Nvidia in EVERY area other than 980Ti, and that's if you ignore dual GPU cards.

Graphs for a beta of an unreleased game isn't trustworthy for the final product, so yes.

It shouldn't as Nvidia has topped on Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4, albeit a small margin.

Graphs for a beta of an unreleased game isn't trustworthy for the final product, so yes.

There are people who got early access beta keys....

So this performance should be in line with what people will experience tomorrow.

Also, game wise, it is just more then 1 month to final release. Any major bugs happening during this beta will probably not be fixed in time. Expect the final product to have roughly the same performance as now.

I hope dice fixed their netcode though... if not, prepare for shots that never registrer

Ah here we go, I was looking for this excuse and found it odd that no one posted it.

Too bad they didn't bench a 4GB R9 380 model, that could make a difference in 1440p..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/