Operation Eden - Preparing for Star Citizens Baby PU/in-verse meetup

rentaspoon

Are we going to include ground troops in the Military Portion of this exercise?  I am a terrible pilot but FPS is my normal game Genre.  How will we be assigning ground fire teams/boarding parties?

Are we going to include ground troops in the Military Portion of this exercise?  I am a terrible pilot but FPS is my normal game Genre.  How will we be assigning ground fire teams/boarding parties?

It might be a good idea to include FPS players into this activity. Though how they are structured im sure is going to rely on how many FPS players UOLTT has in comparison to pilots, basically how specialized the role will be. This might be a problem because as many people are waiting for the FPS module we dont know the exact proportions yet. 

Though in pure speculation we can maybe organize FPS players in a squad relevant to a single squad per Redeemer/Tali/Starliner/ whatever other ship is being occupied. 

updated with the chain of command and @CommanderFett I suggest you reread it

Edit: @rucdoc could you give me a hand for abbreviating squadron call signs, I have a feeling you would be good at it.

I accept :D

How does a mercenary squadron differ from a regular squadron?

They kick ass but take cash or credit instead of names. ;)

So here's a question for the wing commanders, is anyone planning to operate closer to the oceanic time zone?

e.g. Friday 8am UTC would be Friday 8-9pm NZDT (UTC+12/13) depending on daylight saving or not, basically Friday evening into the night or Saturday/Sunday afternoon into the night NZDT is good for me.

I'd love to get more involved especially with the baby PU coming up but the current meetup time is quite prohibitive to my schedule.

Also if there's anyone else who would prefer something closer to an Oceanic time zone voice it here and maybe we can organise our own meetup :)

So here's a question for the wing commanders, is anyone planning to operate closer to the oceanic time zone?

e.g. Friday 8am UTC would be Friday 8-9pm NZDT (UTC+12/13) depending on daylight saving or not, basically Friday evening into the night or Saturday/Sunday afternoon into the night NZDT is good for me.

I'd love to get more involved especially with the baby PU coming up but the current meetup time is quite prohibitive to my schedule.

Also if there's anyone else who would prefer something closer to an Oceanic time zone voice it here and maybe we can organise our own meetup :)

I'm in the Pacific Standard US timezone.

EDIT- (Which is west coast)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Are we going to include ground troops in the Military Portion of this exercise? I am a terrible pilot but FPS is my normal game Genre. How will we be assigning ground fire teams/boarding parties?

It might be a good idea to include FPS players into this activity. Though how they are structured im sure is going to rely on how many FPS players UOLTT has in comparison to pilots, basically how specialized the role will be. This might be a problem because as many people are waiting for the FPS module we dont know the exact proportions yet.

Though in pure speculation we can maybe organize FPS players in a squad relevant to a single squad per Redeemer/Tali/Starliner/ whatever other ship is being occupied.

Mercs (they will be renamed soon) will probably be the peeps carrying troops, we will expand to troops once we have this fleshed out

@Adreyu and @CommanderFett probably

Sounds like we are starting with Military first (which is fine). I'm looking to be mainly exploration and hauling (Got a Freelancer DUR and a Hull-D ) so for now I can try to help with getting the org's coffers up (Assuming there will be an Org tax to help keep the org funded). 

Question though, and sorry f this has been answered in another thread (I've been away for a bit) has there been any move to organize explorers and commerce players yet?

Sounds like we are starting with Military first (which is fine). I'm looking to be mainly exploration and hauling (Got a Freelancer DUR and a Hull-D ) so for now I can try to help with getting the org's coffers up (Assuming there will be an Org tax to help keep the org funded).

Question though, and sorry f this has been answered in another thread (I've been away for a bit) has there been any move to organize explorers and commerce players yet?

I'm starting Military as its the first we will need.

Feel free to speculate about how to run explorer section but the issue is how do you run a part of the org that wants to be free.

By all means we need intelligence from scouts so you'd still be helpful and there is no commitment ATM.

@Zarian @rentaspoon I by no means have any official say on the matter, but I imagine the explorers/commerce guys would be given a general objective and then be given free reign on how to figure it out with maybe some suggestions. E.G. Explorers get told: prioritize new resource deposits of X material and is then rewarded accordingly for sites with enough of it. Mining team gets paid either a bonus/reduced tax for harvesting it when they sell it (basically the same either way; will have to sort out the general process when we know more). Then the hauling team could be paid X bonus per load for hauling it to Y location where it's more immediately needed instead of the more centralized and common Z location.

As far as the topic at hand goes, what are the timezones for the 4 leaders? Might be interested in signing up, but I gotta figure scheduling out first of all.

-This space intentionally left blank-

wolf pack is full I believe, but meets in appx the pacific standard time. But no real official time zone requirements.

@Zarian @rentaspoon I by no means have any official say on the matter, but I imagine the explorers/commerce guys would be given a general objective and then be given free reign on how to figure it out with maybe some suggestions. E.G. Explorers get told: prioritize new resource deposits of X material and is then rewarded accordingly for sites with enough of it. Mining team gets paid either a bonus/reduced tax for harvesting it when they sell it (basically the same either way; will have to sort out the general process when we know more). Then the hauling team could be paid X bonus per load for hauling it to Y location where it's more immediately needed instead of the more centralized and common Z location.

As far as the topic at hand goes, what are the timezones for the 4 leaders? Might be interested in signing up, but I gotta figure scheduling out first of all.

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Timezones for the squadron leaders are mentioned in the pinned Recruitment thread :)

EDIT: Whoops, not all squadrons...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yeah, the more ideas the better, @Adreyu @Corwin111 @Napper198 and @CommanderFett have already changed a lot of the military stuff (for the better) so I'm leaving them to it.

If you've got ideas on exploratory side of things feel free to speculate

Who knows @Creiger, you may be the new face for exploration

I'm more of a logistics guy. When I go exploring, I get lost. xD

same here, but isn't getting lost part of the fun? And @Creiger I will probably be up to helping you explore. Assuming whatever ship I have will be able to. (fuel wise)

I'm more of a logistics guy. When I go exploring, I get lost. xD

same here, but isn't getting lost part of the fun? And @Creiger I will probably be up to helping you explore. Assuming whatever ship I have will be able to. (fuel wise)

I'm sure we'll get it figured out. :)

I'm sure we'll get it figured out. :)

The military still does need to do some exploration so you might get some help there

Few thoughts id like to share related to Exploring, mining and eh, selling :P (mercantile?) 

Its the profit share,
Note1: i wont include taxes because we dont know how it will work.
Note2: im shit at explaining.

So i was thinking that we split the profit depending on who is involved in what task/group.

Some examples:
Scenario 1: Explorer finds mining site, Miner mine said site, and merchant sells the minerals, the profit then could be split 33/33/33% and 1 goes to the Org :P This could also be called a "Full Mining Operation" or something
Scenario 2: Miner knows of site and mines it, Merchant then sells the Ore/Minerals, The profit is split 50/50 
Scenario 3: 1 person does it all and gets it all. <--- probably what will be most common scenario at the beginning in most cases. Ofc once they are teaming up with someone to speed up the process than Scenario 1 or 2 will probably take place.
Scenario 4: Military protection is involved, The split will be divided accordingly depending if its Scenario 1,2 or 3. so 25/25/25/25, 33/33/33 or 50/50 or whatever, could be 30/30/30 and then 10 for the military.

Note: if there are multiple people involved in Scenario 1 and 2, for example: there are 3 explorers, 10 miners and 4 Merchants. Then the profit each ...eh "Team" gets have to be split between there "crew" so for the explorers in this case the 33 % they get will then have to be split between the 3, aka 11% each. OR whatever they come to an agreement over.
Repairs and whatnot have to be discussed internally in each group/team. 

My suggestion: Split the reward after repairs and resupplies are done. 

what ye all think? It´s just an example really, it clearly needs to get fleshed out more.

to the topic of exploring, the point there is getting lost then figuring out where you are, if you never get lost you're always in known space.

will not comment on catclouds proposal without mapping it out first, so I reserve the right to comment

Few thoughts id like to share related to Exploring, mining and eh, selling :P (mercantile?) 

Its the profit share,

Note1: i wont include taxes because we dont know how it will work.

Note2: im shit at explaining.

So i was thinking that we split the profit depending on who is involved in what task/group.

Some examples:

Scenario 1: Explorer finds mining site, Miner mine said site, and merchant sells the minerals, the profit then could be split 33/33/33% and 1 goes to the Org :P This could also be called a "Full Mining Operation" or something

Scenario 2: Miner knows of site and mines it, Merchant then sells the Ore/Minerals, The profit is split 50/50 

Scenario 3: 1 person does it all and gets it all. <--- probably what will be most common scenario at the beginning in most cases. Ofc once they are teaming up with someone to speed up the process than Scenario 1 or 2 will probably take place.

Scenario 4: Military protection is involved, The split will be divided accordingly depending if its Scenario 1,2 or 3. so 25/25/25/25, 33/33/33 or 50/50 or whatever, could be 30/30/30 and then 10 for the military.

Note: if there are multiple people involved in Scenario 1 and 2, for example: there are 3 explorers, 10 miners and 4 Merchants. Then the profit each ...eh "Team" gets have to be split between there "crew" so for the explorers in this case the 33 % they get will then have to be split between the 3, aka 11% each. OR whatever they come to an agreement over.

Repairs and whatnot have to be discussed internally in each group/team. 

My suggestion: Split the reward after repairs and resupplies are done. 

what ye all think? It´s just an example really, it clearly needs to get fleshed out more.

There's no way to know for sure but I have an impression that CIG is planning to incorporate a complex financial/tax system for orgs. Maybe there's going to be an automated system where you assign players to groups and their income is shared automatically based on certain criteria. The org tax might be automatically subtracted and so on... Let's see what the developers offer and go from there.

Well the first Project Eden (or is it an operation now?) meetup was held today, and aside from the usual client issues I would say it went well. Participation was much stronger than expected, and frankly, after BEX, we were not really prepared for that! :D Nevertheless, all of you guys did great today and we managed to actually do some of the stuff that we intended. I commend your spirit, as well as your patience during the lengthy "lobby sessions". ;)

We gathered much valuable experience for future trainings today. We will work on organizing schedules, streamlining the lobby joining process and generally working around the Alpha's bugs to get as much flight and combat experience as we can before 2.0, where the real work will begin.

With 1.3 just around the corner, I really hope CIG have improved client stability for creating larger private matches so we can still have fun but by mostly flying instead of talking. :)

Great job guys and see you next week!

Well the first Project Eden (or is it an operation now?) meetup was held today, and aside from the usual client issues I would say it went well. Participation was much stronger than expected, and frankly, after BEX, we were not really prepared for that! :D Nevertheless, all of you guys did great today and we managed to actually do some of the stuff that we intended. I commend your spirit, as well as your patience during the lengthy "lobby sessions". ;)

We gathered much valuable experience for future trainings today. We will work on organizing schedules, streamlining the lobby joining process and generally working around the Alpha's bugs to get as much flight and combat experience as we can before 2.0, where the real work will begin.

With 1.3 just around the corner, I really hope CIG have improved client stability for creating larger private matches so we can still have fun but by mostly flying instead of talking. :)

Great job guys and see you next week!

Yeah really enjoyed playing with you all, especially when we were all sighing over 1 person disconnecting xD

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -