How do you pronounce GIF and Imgur

Saiyan

Hard G, like graphics

Or

Soft G, like gym

I say Imgur like im-gur with a hard G and GIF with a hard G too.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

GIF with a 'hard' G (Like Graphics, because that's what the G stands for)

Imgur = Image-errr

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Imgur (just imgur with a Dutch G)

GIF (jiff)

G - like Graphics. Because it stands for it.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Gif hard G

imgur = imiguer(sortof)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

GIF with a 'hard' G (Like Graphics, because that's what the G stands for)

Imgur = Image-errr

According to wikipedia, that's how Imgur is supposed to be said, but I've looked and looked and can't find that extra vowel :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Imgur (just imgur with a Dutch G)

GIF (jiff)

Not a soft G, hard G in both Gif and Igmur.

I pronounce GIF like "Jif" and both "Gif" actually, sometimes like "jif" and sometimes like "gif"

I pronounce Imgur like "Imjur" however.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

According to wikipedia, that's how Imgur is supposed to be said, but I've looked and looked and can't find that extra vowel :P

Some say it's pronounced Im-gerrr, but I hate saying it like that and hear most people say it like I explained 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I pronounce GIF like 'GIF'.

I also pronounce Imgur as 'Imjuh'.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Imgur = Image-errr

I just realized that. :o

I've always pronounced it - IM-GUR.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I pronounce Gif like G-if 

and Imgur like IM (not I'm) Gurrr 

Gif like Jiff not GeeFFF

Imgur Image urrr

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

.gif ="GIF" because it's Graphics not Jraphics

Imgur= imgur

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

See, this is something that causes huge amounts of flame wars and contention on the internet.

The developer of the .gif format says it is pronounced "jif", and many use the joke of "I have a (hard g) gif of a gurraffe (giraffe). The fallacy in that argument is that you could say the same about the acronym, which is Graphics Interchange Format. It's not gonna be pronounced "jraphics".

I personally think that because the G stands for a word with a hard G that it should be Gif with a hard g, instead of jif, but that's just me. Personally I don't care how you pronounce it. so long as you are interested in using the format. Kinda like Linux. It has many pronunciations, none of which are necessarily right or wrong - Linus Torvalds doesn't care how you pronounce it, so long as you use it and learn about it.

Imgur, I think, is just pronounced "image-er", but again, that's just my opinion.

We had a dude in our year in high school whose last name was Gifford. His nickname was Gif-gif, not jif-jif.

Gif, not jiff and imgur because that is how they should be pronounced

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

.gif ="GIF" because it's Graphics not Jraphics

Imgur= imgur

prouncation are spelling are different things. Like raspberry, you say ras berry, not raspffff berry.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I pronounce GIF like "Jif" and "Gif" actually from time to time.

I pronounce Imgur like "Imjur" however.

HA! I caught one of you people!

So you say you say it "jif" sometimes but "gif" other times. Assuming that by "gif" you mean a hard G, then you agree that gif is pronounced with a hard G.

I pronounce imgur the same way as you

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Soft G in both. It doesn't matter if G stands for graphics. The creator has more say in how it's pronounced than any linguist. Now stop.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.