Will Zen fail now that Uncle Jimmy left? :(

KarateHottie93

Performance wise its a side grade. My GTX 970 doesn't even hit more than 83% usage because it runs out of vRAM. vRAM is the only reason to go fro a 970 to a 390.

And AMD deserves every bit of shit that they are getting for false advertising and the travesty that is the FX line. To this day my Phenom II P920 and N970 (AMD's worst locked CPU with 4 actual cores, and AMD's best-they did have some unlocked ones such as the X920) are both far better than AMD's newer APU at the same clock speed.

errr GTX 970 @ 83% max? <-- in MSI/GPUz?

Surely not, myself and others are @ 99-100% usage, whats wrong with yours.?

/re-read, DSR 4K, still you would be GPU bound at 100% still yes?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Its quite possible as well that he was receiving job offers with a higher salary.

you cannot leave project contracts just like that... they often carry a financial penalty and or clauses that demands you work until the contract ends no matter what.

AMD

Do you know how exactly a Monopoly would work in this case?

noi don't , i would guess the whole process is going to be messy. Any lawyers should help us out.

Why was this in troubleshooting? Moved to General Discussion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

By now 99% of the groundwork is probably done...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

At this point the Zen architectural design would be complete or I wouldn't see him leaving. He's one of the people who like to move around, he did work for Apples A4 and A5 ARM SoCs.

If that happens we will see Nvidia cards get more expensive and each generation of new GPUs will only be slightly better like Intel's processors.

Intel has been basically giving us the exact same performance increase for years, prices haven't increased really either. Not sure what you're getting at :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

He's probably already laid the foundations for this stuff

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Intel has been basically giving us the exact same performance increase for years, prices haven't increased really either. Not sure what you're getting at :P

Actually 1156's i7's were quite a bit cheaper than 6700K's

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Zen could fail regardless. But Keller's probably leaving when he is because they're getting relatively close to launch and his part in the project is likely already complete.

errr GTX 970 @ 83% max? <-- in MSI/GPUz?

Surely not, myself and others are @ 99-100% usage, whats wrong with yours.?

/re-read, DSR 4K, still you would be GPU bound at 100% still yes?

It should be but nope. I actually started using 4K DSR to increase the load-at 1080p it only runs at 56%.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Why was this in troubleshooting? Moved to General Discussion.

Lol idk. I made it here and it got moved there.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!