Will Zen fail now that Uncle Jimmy left? :(

KarateHottie93

If a company that actually knows how to not fuck things up ends up with AMD's IP then hopefully yes.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not right now, perhaps in the near future. I doubtful that would happen though.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

But looking at amd's market share (18%) vs nvidia (82%) im really darn worried.... What would be the monopoly law if AMD closes down since nvidia would be the only manufacturer? 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

But looking at amd's market share (18%) vs nvidia (82%) im really darn worried.... What would be the monopoly law if AMD closes down since nvidia would be the only manufacturer? 

Nvidia has been able to gain their monopoly legally through simply outdoing AMD at every turn (excluding SLI/Crossfire and Mantel/Nvida DX11). So Nvidia should be fine.

PMSL

Nvidia has been able to gain their monopoly legally through simply outdoing AMD at every turn (excluding SLI/Crossfire and Mantel/Nvida DX11). So Nvidia should be fine.

Im more worried for amd than nvidia xD

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Nope... maybe in 2070 ..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Im more worried for amd than nvidia xD

RIP Ati then.

PMSL

IMHO the whole "AMD is for poor people" and the proprietary software form other gpu manufacturers has lead to this huge gap between the market shares.

I hope that DX12 will bring this back to being a bit more of an even fight and I also hope that Zen is a huge success.

IMHO the whole "AMD is for poor people" and the proprietary software form other gpu manufacturers has lead to this huge gap between the market shares.

I hope that DX12 will bring this back to being a bit more of an even fight and I also hope that Zen is a huge success.

Well AMD shouldn't have had shit products that are old/inefficient/cheap then. Also, Haswell came out in 2013. Zen is predicted to perform close to it while being released late 2016 at the earliest, with 2017 being more likely. Zen will not save AMD. Not 7-8 years after the shit they pulled with the FX series.

PMSL

Well AMD shouldn't have had shit products that are old/inefficient/cheap then.

My AMD card beats virtually everything that Nvidia have bought out so that is not a true statement. Plus the "inefficiency" that you talk of has been over hyped by Team Greens to the point that no-one realises that it accounts for maybe an extra dollar/week in electricity at most.

Nvidia shouldn't be so underhand and dishonest.

My AMD card beats virtually everything that Nvidia have bought out so that is not a true statement. Plus the "inefficiency" that you talk of has been over hyped by Team Greens to the point that no-one realises that it accounts for maybe an extra dollar/week in electricity at most.

Nvidia shouldn't be so underhand and dishonest.

It hasn't been 'overhyped'. The cards just aren't that efficient. Oh and that's a dual GPU card, not a single GPU card that doesn't draw 600W+

PMSL

It hasn't been 'overhyped'. The cards just aren't that efficient. Oh and that's a dual GPU card, not a single GPU card that doesn't draw 600W+

It was overhyped. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference in their bills so it is an irrelevant point. 

I couldn't care less how many gpu's are on the crad. The fact is that AMD did it extremely well wheras Nvidias attempt was not as good. Cost to performance AMD wins.

It was overhyped. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference in their bills so it is an irrelevant point. 

I couldn't care less how many gpu's are on the crad. The fact is that AMD did it extremely well wheras Nvidias attempt was not as good. Cost to performance AMD wins.

Lel, you really must be desperate to support AMD. Take a hit-AMD's fucked up too may times since they bought Ati to be given any leniency.

PMSL

Lel, you really must be desperate to support AMD. Take a hit-AMD's fucked up too may times since they bought Ati to be given any leniency.

I trust AMD far more than I trust Nvidia. At least AMD don't try to get tests changed so that they dont look so bad, not to mention the ram debacle and the use os "black box" software for gaming that blatently is designed to make AMD look bad. 

I think you will find out who is the most trustworthy when DX12 comes into force. Although no doubt Nvidia will continue to lie to you (which is ok cos you love them)

I trust AMD far more than I trust Nvidia. At least AMD don't try to get tests changed so that they dont look so bad, not to mention the ram debacle and the use os "black box" software for gaming that blatently is designed to make AMD look bad. 

I think you will find out who is the most trustworthy when DX12 comes into force. Although no doubt Nvidia will continue to lie to you (which is ok cos you love them)

Honestly speaking i kinda agree to what you said....

I really think AMD is the better company just that they do not have the resources to make shit happen

*cough*and drivers to nerf older series cards*cough*

really, ask 700 series owners

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

That was really horrendous of nvidia to do so... D:

Honestly speaking i kinda agree to what you said....

I really think AMD is the better company just that they do not have the resources to make shit happen

Your going on about Nvidia lying and yet AMD sold their entire last generation of cards as new ones by simply changing the models from 2** to 3**. And before you go on about "but its a refresh", Haswell refresh was a refresh-what AMD did is called rebadging or rebranding. AMD also did the same thing with the FX 9370 and 9590. Both are FX 8350 that have been binned higher-they were not as AMD claimed new CPU.

PMSL

Your going on about Nvidia lying and yet AMD sold their entire last generation of cards as new ones by simply changing the models from 2** to 3**. And before you go on about "but its a refresh", Haswell refresh was a refresh-what AMD did is called rebadging or rebranding. AMD also did the same thing with the FX 9370 and 9590. Both are FX 8350 that have been binned higher-they were not as AMD claimed new CPU.

actually I believe most had at least a ram upgrade and a slight clock increase afaik, not to mention that even as aged as the gpu's are, they are still competing well against the latest Nvidia stuff. That is shameful Team Green!

actually I believe most had at least a ram upgrade and a slight clock increase afaik, not to mention that even as aged as the gpu's are, they are still competing well against the latest Nvidia stuff. That is shameful Team Green!

Ram 'upgrade': could have been done on the old cards but never was. Grenada is still Hawaii.

They may be competing. But they are old and old GPU do not sell as well as new ones-kind of like certain old and slow CPU

Stop fanboying. I myself am doing a sort-of side grade from my GTX 970 G1 Gaming to an XFX R9 390 as 4GB of vRAM isn't enough for 4K DSR in the games that I play.

PMSL

Ram 'upgrade': could have been done on the old cards but never was. Grenada is still Hawaii.

They may be competing. But they are old and old GPU do not sell as well as new ones-kind of like certain old and slow CPU

Stop fanboying. I myself am doing a sort-of side grade from my GTX 970 G1 Gaming to an XFX R9 390 as 4GB of vRAM isn't enough for 4K DSR in the games that I play.

I am only "fanboying" as AMD are always being unfairly put down by people who put up with all sorts of rubbish from Nvidia.

970 to 390 for 4k is still an upgrade afaik. :) 

he probably only work on short term contract basis, one project at a time...

I know a lot of engineers do this in off-shore oilrig projects... Engineers are hired in, sit in office for 2-3-4 years, then gotta leave unless they are damn lucky and get a stable position.

I cannot imagine a engineer of Kellers calibre to be paid poorly, so even if he gotta go half a year between jobs, i would imagine him being more then covered for financially so that is prob why he keeps jumping from place to place.

I am only "fanboying" as AMD are always being unfairly put down by people who put up with all sorts of rubbish from Nvidia.

970 to 390 for 4k is still an upgrade afaik. :)

Performance wise its a side grade. My GTX 970 doesn't even hit more than 83% usage because it runs out of vRAM. vRAM is the only reason to go fro a 970 to a 390.

And AMD deserves every bit of shit that they are getting for false advertising and the travesty that is the FX line. To this day my Phenom II P920 and N970 (AMD's worst locked CPU with 4 actual cores, and AMD's best-they did have some unlocked ones such as the X920) are both far better than AMD's newer APU at the same clock speed.

PMSL

he probably only work on short term contract basis, one project at a time...

I know a lot of engineers do this in off-shore oilrig projects... Engineers are hired in, sit in office for 2-3-4 years, then gotta leave unless they are damn lucky and get a stable position.

I cannot imagine a engineer of Kellers calibre to be paid poorly, so even if he gotta go half a year between jobs, i would imagine him being more then covered for financially so that is prob why he keeps jumping from place to place.

Its quite possible as well that he was receiving job offers with a higher salary.

PMSL

Performance wise its a side grade. My GTX 970 doesn't even hit more than 83% usage because it runs out of vRAM. vRAM is the only reason to go fro a 970 to a 390.

And AMD deserves every bit of shit that they are getting for false advertising and the travesty that is the FX line. To this day my Phenom II P920 and N970 (AMD's worst locked CPU with 4 actual cores, and AMD's best-they did have some unlocked ones such as the X920) are both far better than AMD's newer APU at the same clock speed.

I have no experience with AMD cpus so I cannot discuss their performance. AMD Gpu's are what I am defending.