Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

I just traded in my SpringField XDm 40 3.8 inch for the same with the 4.25 inch barrel instead for better accuracy as my new duty weapon.  :D

I did consider going for the M&P 40 but didn't.

Nice!

I have been competing IDPA and USPSA with my XDm 9 with the 5.25" barrel for a few years now.

Glamour shot of her:

5c5d30e4-7824-471d-be60-9ebced298fc7_zps

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Nice!

I have been competing IDPA and USPSA with my XDm 9 with the 5.25" barrel for a few years now.

Glamour shot of her:

5c5d30e4-7824-471d-be60-9ebced298fc7_zps

I also considered the 5.25 barrel but I couldn't justify the length/cost for duty use.  :(

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

ugh NZ is so lucky, they actually have rational gun laws unlike us in Australia where semi automatics are pretty much banned completely

Yeah, I don't know how we can live here.

Oh wait, I do... happy and peacefully...

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I also considered the 5.25 barrel but I couldn't justify the length/cost for duty use.  :(

It was no the cheapest gun I have ever bought but as a dedicated competition gun, it was money well spent. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

PREFACE. I would like to give my sincere prayers out to those families of the 10 people killed in the college shooting that happened lately and I dont want things like that to happen. Now, I decided we should have a thread for the tech guys who also like guns. Americans, Canadians or who ever else. Post images of your latest super TACTIC00L ar15, You latest trophy deer, or stories of different experiences you have while shooting. Politics are welcome. Don't get into heated arguments please. I want this to be a gun owner santuary.

there is an unnoffical gun club thread here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/449522-smoking-barrels-ltts-unnofficial-gun-club/

though i have no idea what goes on in there

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Im confused. Everyone should have guns so its easier to both commit shootings and defend from shootings by shooting more people? What if the shooters couldn't get a gun in the first place O.o

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Im confused. Everyone should have guns so its easier to both commit shootings and defend from shootings by shooting more people? What if the shooters couldn't get a gun in the first place O.o

The black market will always be a thing. If someone wants a gun, they will get a gun no matter what laws are put into place.

Have you heard of the black market, the increased mass shooting problem is due to all the media attention, or at least the increased number of shootings anyway.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

They're criminals; they'll find a way to get weapons. And if they get weapons, everyone should get weapons.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

already going downhill. hit up the other gun thread lol. 

They're criminals; they'll find a way to get weapons. And if they get weapons, everyone should get weapons.

Maybe what thekeemo is trying to say is that Canada doesn't have criminals, nothing bad happens in Canada, and no one has guns in Canada. 

The black market will always be a thing. If someone wants a gun, they will get a gun no matter what laws are put into place.

Not true. Here where there is definitely a black market in guns, the rifle they used in Sandy Hook costs upwards of $30k. Plus black markets don't sell to anyone, they like to be discrete. 

It's not unattainable to your average nutjob.

Not true. Here where there is definitely a black market in guns, the rifle they used in Sandy Hook costs upwards of $30k. Plus black markets don't sell to anyone, they like to be discrete. 

It's not unattainable to your average nutjob.

An AR is not 30k on the black market hell even a m416 will be less than 30k and it's select fire.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

An AR is not 30k on the black market hell even a m416 will be less than 30k and it's select fire.

You're talking $10k to legally own a pre-ban machine gun.  Would not be surprised if a modern M416 illegally obtained is ridiculously expensive. 

And I already had a debate tonight about republican v. democrat with GF...I'm tuckered out.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Maybe what thekeemo is trying to say is that Canada doesn't have criminals, nothing bad happens in Canada, and no one has guns in Canada. 

There are guns in Canada.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

There are guns in Canada.

I know. I was attempting to be sardonic.  I guess text didn't convey that. 

I know. I was attempting to be sardonic.  I guess text didn't convey that. 

Nope! Tone can not be demonstrated by text unless in the case of obvious, extreme tonal scenarios. 

increased mass shooting problem is due to all the media attention

I'm all for not hiding the ugly truths of what criminals and mentally unbalanced people do... but really... stop glorifying these people by plastering the freaking name everywhere. 

Oh yeah. Gun thread. I have a few. I don't have any tacticool rifles, just a .45XD (want to trade in for a smaller 9MM for concealed carry). I enjoy waterfowl hunting as well.  

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Nope! Tone can not be demonstrated by text unless in the case of obvious, extreme tonal scenarios. 

I would disagree. 

The repetition of words in my post can be seen as carrying a tone.  Not every one is the same, not every one reads the same, and not every one thinks like you. Okay?

Now, was that sardonic or not? 

I would disagree. 

The repetition of words in my post can be seen as carrying a tone.  Not every one is the same, not every one reads the same, and not every one thinks like you. Okay?

Now, was that sardonic or not? 

Tone is subjective. This is one of the few posts I've seen from you. And, as I do not have a face to apply to the tone, there is no easy way for me to tell if you are being sardonic or not. Occasionally, it's obvious, but in this case... Not so much. At least for me it wasn't; others might find it differently.