Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

LOL I'm 15 and shooting pistols...

I was under 15 when I first shot a handgun.

Here is a 9 year old competing in IDPA:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This my old on-duty carry:

P229-TT-detail-L.jpg

Same, but that's America where anyone can go shooting. It's not as anal as New Zealand and especially Australia is about guns.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

The lack of M249 in this thread triggers me

Here's some stuff I did related to gun in another game lel

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/blacklightretribution#/discussion/1200126/bl-r-weapon-realism-project

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Same, but that's America where anyone can go shooting. It's not as anal as New Zealand and especially Australia is about guns.

Truth.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I like my state.

18 to buy: All types of semi-auto or bolt action rifles and any type of shotgun

21 to buy: Handguns

You can operate handguns with supervision (such as a range or adult 21 or over) at 18 and basically operate everything else at any age so long as you have said supervision.

At 18 in the US we can have any gun lol

The lack of M249 in this thread triggers me

Here's some stuff I did related to gun in another game lel

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/blacklightretribution#/discussion/1200126/bl-r-weapon-realism-project

M249 in real life ain't bad but in CS:GO it's hell

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE????

TO OWN GUNS AT 9

At 18 in the US we can have any gun lol

M249 in real life ain't bad but in CS:GO it's hell

You have to be 21 in some parts of the US to get a handgun.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE????

TO OWN GUNS AT 9

You can shoot a gun at 9, with adult super-vision. You legally don't own ANYTHING if you're under 18

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You have to be 21 in some parts of the US to get a handgun.

You can shoot a gun at 9, with adult super-vision. You legally don't own ANYTHING if you're under 18

They why isn't my dad taken me to hunting yet???

They why isn't my dad taken me to hunting yet???

Have you asked? Does he think you're mature enough to handle a gun? As much fun as they are, it isn't a toy.

Have you asked? Does he think you're mature enough to handle a gun? As much fun as they are, it isn't a toy.

He has a rile for hunting...

Not sure what rifle it is though I know it shoots 22x3.08 rounds or something..?

He has a rile for hunting...

Not sure what rifle it is though I know it shoots 22x3.08 rounds or something..?

That's not a cartridge I've ever heard of. Ask him to teach you how to shoot maybe. How old are you?

I just traded in my SpringField XDm 40 3.8 inch for the same with the 4.25 inch barrel instead for better accuracy as my new duty weapon.  :D

I did consider going for the M&P 40 but didn't.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I just traded in my SpringField XDm 40 3.8 inch for the same with the 4.25 inch barrel instead for better accuracy as my new duty weapon.  :D

I did consider going for the M&P 40 but didn't.

I had an XDm .40 once. Traded it in for a 1911. I didn't like the lack of a safety on the XDm. Especially with that incident where I put a hole in the wall. Luckily no one got hurt, and I learned my fucking lesson about not putting your finger on the trigger unless you actually intend to shoot.

That's not a cartridge I've ever heard of. Ask him to teach you how to shoot maybe. How old are you?

im 15

im 15

And he hasn't taught you to shoot? Have you asked?

And he hasn't taught you to shoot? Have you asked?

Nupe 

Nupe 

Well then ask.

I had an XDm .40 once. Traded it in for a 1911. I didn't like the lack of a safety on the XDm. Especially with that incident where I put a hole in the wall. Luckily no one got hurt, and I learned my fucking lesson about not putting your finger on the trigger unless you actually intend to shoot.

Lol. Sorry about your incident.

I do own both. I bought my 1911 some time ago (Kimber Custom .45 Gov Frame) and it is my favorite, but it doesn't sit well here as a duty weapon as the .45 is to large a caliber in law enforcement/security arena though the .40 or the 9mm meets the "just right" round. Some see the .45 as too much force but the .40 doesn't. I will never understand the logic behind such an argument.

The xD series does have more safeties than 1911 though, it has both the grip safety and the trigger safety but I could definitely go with out the trigger, I like the 1911 trigger better. I find that my xD pulls slightly left and down compared to my 1911 which is spot on every time but I have learned to compensate for it. Now with this other one I will need to get to the range before deploying it so I can see how different it performs. :D

*edit

Ok just hit me what you meant -the manual safety- yeah that throws me off a bit as well. I find my self attempting to deactivate it every so often when I draw the xD-_-

Edited by SansVarnic

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Lol. Sorry about your incident.

I do own both. I bought my 1911 some time ago (Kimber Custom .45 Gov Frame) and it is my favorite, but it doesn't sit well here as a duty weapon as the .45 is to large a caliber in law enforcement/security arena though the .40 or the 9mm meets the "just right" round. Some see the .45 as too much force but the .40 doesn't. I will never understand the logic behind such an argument.

The xD series does have more safeties than 1911 though, it has both the grip safety and the trigger safety but I could definitely go with out the trigger, I like the 1911 trigger better. I find that my xD pulls slightly left and down compared to my 1911 which is spot on every time but I have learned to compensate for it. Now with this other one I will need to get to the range before deploying it so I can see how different it performs. :D

The XDm doesn't have a push-button safety. At least when I had it they didn't.

I really need to get to the range some time and practice. Been a while. Although I should probably get glasses first. I can't see for shit.

The XDm doesn't have a push-button safety. At least when I had it they didn't.

I really need to get to the range some time and practice. Been a while. Although I should probably get glasses first. I can't see for shit.

I edited my post.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I edited my post.

I saw.

I just prefer a manual safety on a gun. Although I usually leave it off on my 1911 with the gun half cocked.

I saw.

I just prefer a manual safety on a gun. Although I usually leave it off on my 1911 with the gun half cocked.

That's funny I do the exact same. The only thing with the xD is allows for one less thing to worry about if i get in a scuffle on duty (and it follows our guidelines for duty wep)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I doubt I'll ever own a gun living in the UK or have any need for one EVER but if I owned one it would be a solid gold Uzi

That's funny I do the exact same. The only thing with the xD is allows for one less thing to worry about if i get in a scuffle on duty (and it follows our guidelines for duty wep)

It is a nice gun. Mine had the stainless slide, match grade barrel, and OD green handle with adjustable backstrap.

I still like my 1911 better though. Just need to get some Hogue grips for it. Then all I need is a .45 revolver as a backup.