Do you think Violent Games= Violent People?

IMPERIUS

Sometimes I see how many stores I can rob in a row before the police kill me.

God I love that Kuruma in GTA Online.

I like to use the mod where you can tether things to other things with a gun and then seeing how far I can tow a gas station xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I like to use the mod where you can tether things to other things with a gun and then seeing how far I can tow a gas station xD

Wait, a whole gas station? DAYUM. I need to try that one.

And please tell me you can drag people....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait, a whole gas station? DAYUM. I need to try that one.

And please tell me you can drag people....

Yes, yes you can. Towing a gas station requires a lot more finesse than towing people though xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

No, absolutely not. There may be a relationship between violent games and aggressive thoughts / or lacking empathy type behaviors. However, lets not forget different people are affected by different environments in different ways.

There have been studies in the past 20 years trying to tie violent people that are specifically violent  because of the violent video games they play. It's inclusive at best.

Same old argument regarding suggestive music.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

Hell no.

I've played plenty of violent games, and I'm not a violent person.

I like to explode people in Half-Life using trip-mines though.

Also, this should be a poll.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The research is pretty mixed last I checked. But really, the best answer I could give is a big it depends. There are probably many people that would become violent because of it and then people whom wouldn't. 

Those who would probably already have a predisposition to violence.

No, playing violent video games doesn't make you violent... If anything, it could help a violent person get rid of their violent impulse, by using it in a game instead of against another person.

Of course someone gets extremely annoyed when they get disturbed while they are playing a game. I also get annoyed when I'm interrupted while I'm watching a movie.. But unlike a video game, I can press Pause very easily so it's not too bad, but in a game, it's not always an option, especially when the game is Online.

Unfortunately, many people do not seems to understand that and still disturb you...

I mostly get very aggressive when after telling them multiple times to shut up/stop it and they still trying to talk to me, touch me or outright stops me from playing by closing the PC or something...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

yes it does, but varies across different personalities , 80% will deny as expected but you can sense the irony in it..

Details separate people.

Any video game can make people violent. Think about it - you're playing Pac-Man. Simple game, right? Oh but you can't beat a level. You try and try but never succeed - for some, that's enough to make people enraged and smash something. And for the record, anything can make someone angry or violent, depending on their level of self control.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No. I don't think it is fair to give all the credit to video games—TV made me want to beat people up a lot.

notseriousforthosewhodontseethat

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No...because it is proven that they don't....so...

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I've been playing GTA, COD and even The Elder Scrolls since I was a kid and I can't kill a fly without feeling sorry for it. The poor annoying bastard deserved to live as much as I did but I killed because IMMA FUCKIN BOSS BITCHES, GET REKT MOTHERFOKAAAA

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

I think competitive games have a higher chance of creating a violent person.  At least in my case, i rage more when losing a competitive game, rather than say, dieing on witcher 3.

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502

There could also be a large group that don't have a predisposition to violence that would become violent from playing video games. It's pretty new in the social sciences, There's still so much to explore. 

Human behavior is unpredictable at best. There's a damned good reason that our brains are predisposed to seeing human faces where there are none, because the single greatest threat/predator in our environment...is other humans.

Well, the more we learn about human behavior, the more or better we can predict human behavior. If you spend time explicitly studying social sciences around them, I think you'd be surprised how accurate you can do it (it will never be perfect though). But for the latter statement, most definitely. 

From what I've read 3-4 years ago (since then I took my psych major in a different direction) what most research seemed to point to that I read was the violence in video games made people desensitized to violence. That COULD moderate or mediate violent outcomes, but I don't know. I'm sure everything is different now. :/

You do realize you are talking about the most complicated/complex computer in the existence of the universe? Or at least known to mankind.

When push comes to shove, humans are unpredictable. When the fight or flight response kicks in, you cannot always accurately predict what the subject will do. There are probabilities, but there are always outliers to said probabilities.

First violent game i played was sof, it's much worse than gta v and I'm not violent.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I get really MAD/AGRESSIVE, when a game requires me to log in with WINDOWS LIVE... :rolleyes:

But honestly, NO, I don't think that gamez make us Violent.

Also:

There were violent games in the past (Doom, Quake, Duke, Blood .. to name a few), some with foul language everywhere but I didn't hear any violent attitude from them.

Truth is the age we started playing them (at release date) was much higher than today and this probably is the main problem here. 

Kids are more influenced from what they see and the level of shitty designed games nowadays with no real story behind just stuff like: run from the ghost or he will get you or shoot everyone in sight because you get power-ups do have an impact on their attitude.

Heard so many cases of The Slender man group or Call of Duty "militia" that is not even funny.

we all know those 12 year olds on cod.

weak people are the problem.

"Video games makes kids violent"

True to some extend, but wont make us terrorists. If anything, gaming has taught me a lot of english, as well as morale. Except for CSGO and Rocket League. Those communities will just shit on your mental health. 

To be perfectly honest, we don't have any proof of a violent video game making anyone exceptionally violent, we just take it as it is. Entertainment. Do movies make us violent? No. Nor does video games.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

i dont think violent games make people violent. however i do think that the toxic communities that CoD and MoBAs have does have a negative affect on a(especially younger) persons mindset.  is it going to make somebody get a gun and shoot up a school? no. not unless there are other/bigger issues going on. 

of course that being said, i still would never let my 10 year old play CoD or GTA(or console for that matter, no peasants in my house!), and any online voip would get muted.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.