Do you think Violent Games= Violent People?

IMPERIUS

Nope, games help you learn some hand-eye coordination as well as some basic physics and well rounded thinking.   

Like if flying a plane game and you know that you have to shoot a little in front of the enemy to hit them based on your bullet speed and their distance. 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

no, not really

CPU:Intel i5 4690k GPU:EVGA GTX 970 SSC Motherboard:MSI Z97 G45 RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB PSU:Corsair CX600M SSD:Crucial MX100 256GB HDD:Seagate 3TB Case:Corsair SPEC-02

I don't at all. That said they don't not do anything. As far as I see it, coming from personal experience as I've played violent games here and there since I was 10 or so, the only thing they can  really do is be a catalyst for an already existing problem.

As someone who has been a bit covetous of my friends' and cousins' copies of games like gta years ago being younger than 15, every time I saw news that some dumbass teens stole a car or something because they were "inspired" by playing gta I felt nothing more than that they were morons. Never did I consider wanting to carjack someone or that it could be a good/fun idea, and even now playing tons more violent games I feel no desire to go out and steal/kill/harm others.

They don't make you a soulless uncaring bastard. I feel like a complete fucking asshole having to kill Sif to progress through dark souls. Especially when you get his health about half way and he starts limping and being thrown off balance when attacking... Its made even worse knowing the game's lore.

Been gaming since i was 7, some of my first experiences were horrifying at my age and very violent, i was playing through Resident Evil 2 in 1998 and got nightmares... good shit.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

if the answer of your question is yes

I wonder why we don't have WW3 yet

also there's too much description about violent now

physical violent is not okay, but clearly it's fine with constant insult and disrespectful.

same problem with rape

and with feminist

and mysagonist

and SJW who claim they have PTSD from internet

my point is, stupidity will always exist, not because we can't cure them, it's because they refuse to be cured.

Shitty gun laws = Violent people

Looking at you america

Answer yo your question is no.

Of course this is the correct answer. I mean it's not like humans were slaughtering each other by the tens of thousands before the gun was invented.

Oh.....wait a second. They were.

Games do not make people violent. All human beings are naturally violent on some level, some more than others, some less than others.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Of course this is the correct answer. I mean it's not like humans were slaughtering each other by the tens of thousands before the gun was invented.

Oh.....wait a second. They were.

Games do not make people violent. All human beings are naturally violent on some level, some more than others, some less than others.

Lol, shitty gun laws just make people violent?

Last time I checked the guy who robbed 7/11 down the street from me didn't care that he didn't have the legal right to steal the money from the cash register while pointing a gun at the cashier.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Violent people might be attracted to violent content, so there might be some correlation there, but I don't think it causes a person to become more violent.

Looking at you america

Answer yo your question is no.

Guns don't make people more violent either, they just make the consequences of violence much worse.

Looking at you america

If you get violent when you see a gun then you are entirely the problem.... Guns do not create violent people. People who create violence with guns don't acknowledge the law regardless. 

A controversial debate for sure.

I think that no, violent games don't produce violent people

However, I think they do add something to the person's character, note not for all but for SOME exceptions. For example if a 11-12 year old kid is playing cod constantly or other games, failing at them, getting mad, I think he may get bigger rages thru time. Or that may even transer into real life. Imagine kids playing gta, cod and other "violent" games their whole life, I think they do add a minor percentage to their "agression" but not to the point where they would kill people or do other mayor crimes but more in the way they may get angry at something/ somebody slightly faster, maybe even get their rage out with breaking things because of those slightly bigger rages while gaming.

And I'm speaking for "normal" people. For those who are already at the edge of killing someone games just push them the last step, maybe because they raged hard and are now ultra mad or something.

Your thoughts? No hate wars pls

Not really. GTA actually gets any aggression I have out of me.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Guns don't make people more violent either, they just make the consequences of violence much worse.

Not necessarily. There are easier ways to kill large amounts of people. Some of them only require a trip to your local hardware store.

And no, I'm not going to discuss any of them, because I don't wish to see people murdered nor do I wish to go to jail.

Lol, shitty gun laws just make people violent?

Last time I checked the guy who robbed 7/11 down the street from me didn't care that he didn't have the legal right to steal the money from the cash register while pointing a gun at the cashier.

Well, if you believe the people who live in their own little utopia, gun laws prevent gun crime.....because:

Crackhead #1: Let's go rob these sucka's

Crackhead #2: Wait no! We can't, that's illegal.

Crackhead #1: Oh shit you're right, what was I thinking.

This canard has been floated by the media since DOOM and the 486. Funny how the media NEVER look at the crime stats when Leave it to Beaver was on and compare them to when The Sopranos where on.

Not allot of crime when you could buy a gun thru the mail or at the local hardware store.

America should listen to a group of people who think Stalin was a great leader........Seriously?

England gave up there privately owned guns, massive fail.

Crime was lower in the great depression then during the 20's......Funny how we got through the great depression without anti-depressants.

Crackhead #1: Let's go rob these sucka's

Crackhead #2: Wait no! We can't, that's illegal.

Crackhead #1: Oh shit you're right, what was I thinking.

OK, last political commentary I make.

It's like the feminist attitude towards rape: "We need to teach young boys (and yes, they do say exclusively males) not to rape women!"

Like when I was growing up mom always told me rape was the way forward(!) xD

Anyways, some actual input:

I would get aggressive over video games and the frustration of losing sometimes as a kid as I'm very competitive. I think I had other issues going on in life that made it very hard for me not to just snap. I could get aggressive over things very quickly regardless of the game (usually). After seeking mental help I no longer get aggressive over video games. I actually find it very hard to be aggressive now. Sure, video games can make people aggressive and therefore violent but it's either solvable through mental help or is something that is generally unpreventable as the person is beyond a psychotic rage. 

Not necessarily. There are easier ways to kill large amounts of people. Some of them only require a trip to your local hardware store.

Who said anything about large amounts of people? That's not simple violence, that's terrorism, of course gun laws won't keep someone who's determined from killing, we'll never prevent all murders either, all we can do is keep that number as low as possible, and a punch in the face is far less deadly than being shot in the face.

This canard has been floated by the media since DOOM and the 486. Funny how the media NEVER look at the crime stats when Leave it to Beaver was on and compare them to when The Sopranos where on.

Not allot of crime when you could buy a gun thru the mail or at the local hardware store.

America should listen to a group of people who think Stalin was a great leader........Seriously?

England gave up there privately owned guns, massive fail.

Crime was lower in the great depression then during the 20's......Funny how we got through the great depression without anti-depressants.

You think that's funny, you should hear there defense of the Soviet Union killing more of it's own citizens, than the Nazi's did. Let alone Chairman Mao

Who said anything about large amounts of people? That's not simple violence, that's terrorism, of course gun laws won't keep someone who's determined from killing, we'll never prevent all murders either, all we can do is keep that number as low as possible, and a punch in the face is far less deadly than being shot in the face.

You realize that just because one person is willing to punch a person in the face, that doesn't necessarily mean they would have committed murder if they had had a gun....right?

naw , i just vent when i play em then im back to my calm and collected self after lol

GTA V with large dump trucks and mountains to climb soothes me xD

GTA V with large dump trucks and mountains to climb soothes me xD

hahahah , i love gta v shenanigans ! 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

hahahah , i love gta v shenanigans ! 

I like throwing a bunch of super jump mods on and then taking a motorcycle and flying downhill. Fun fun fun.

I like throwing a bunch of super jump mods on and then taking a motorcycle and flying downhill. Fun fun fun.

slidey cars or moon gravity all the time xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I prefer going on a glass bottle rampage.

I prefer going on a glass bottle rampage.

I like following around cars just to see where they go. I also like being chased by the police in the LA river.

So much fun.

I like following around cars just to see where they go. I also like being chased by the police in the LA river.

So much fun.

Sometimes I see how many stores I can rob in a row before the police kill me.

God I love that Kuruma in GTA Online.