Do you think Violent Games= Violent People?

IMPERIUS

A controversial debate for sure.

I think that no, violent games don't produce violent people

However, I think they do add something to the person's character, note not for all but for SOME exceptions. For example if a 11-12 year old kid is playing cod constantly or other games, failing at them, getting mad, I think he may get bigger rages thru time. Or that may even transer into real life. Imagine kids playing gta, cod and other "violent" games their whole life, I think they do add a minor percentage to their "agression" but not to the point where they would kill people or do other mayor crimes but more in the way they may get angry at something/ somebody slightly faster, maybe even get their rage out with breaking things because of those slightly bigger rages while gaming.

And I'm speaking for "normal" people. For those who are already at the edge of killing someone games just push them the last step, maybe because they raged hard and are now ultra mad or something.

Your thoughts? No hate wars pls

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

No.

Just no. I have been playing violent games all my life and they seem more like vents for my (natural) violence rather than causes of it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I think having tools of violence around you (weapons) and/or violent behaviour forced onto people and/or extreme trauma = violent people

So no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't think so.

I don't believe this if someone was easily inspired to do something illegal and immoral from a video game then something is not right with their mind in the first place

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Nope.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you look at when we did not have PC gaming, we still had world wars happen

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

of course not. Violent people exisit, but not through cause of games. One would imagine it takes a lot more then that. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

No.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

why is everyone responding to this but my thread got nothing

i want to know too

can games cause you to go ape shit on everything

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Definitely not. Over my summer break I spent a month looking at this very topic, with the intention of writing a research paper on it at some point this year for my degree. Can't upload my findings here, but the scientific evidence clearly refutes the idea that violent games cause violence in people. Much more likely, it is the competitive aspect that increases aggression...much as it does in sport.  

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

No.

When+i+use+a+phone+i+like_cd92ed_4305392

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

It all depends on who you are

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

no not at all... as long as people understand what they are playing. If there is killing in a game and you are old enough to understand that irl it is horrible and wrong it is fine, but younger kids 5/6 can be affected as they have not been exposed to violence irl. I play chivalry hitman and ac, all gory games but i do not think i have been affected in any way shape or form

i3 4170 : Asus R9 270 : MSI h81M-Pro VD : Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO : Seagate Barracuda 1TB : NZXT Source 210 : Some Random RAM

Let the hate wars begin lol 

:(

Did you know that Ice cream actually increases crime rates?

google it

Its pretty stupid the correlations some people make.

It all depends on who you are

if you're a rational person, it wont cause you to be violent.

If you're an idiot, it may cause you to think the violence in the games is normal and do it. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A controversial debate for sure.

I think that no, violent games don't produce violent people

However, I think they do add something to the person's character, note not for all but for SOME exceptions. For example if a 11-12 year old kid is playing cod constantly or other games, failing at them, getting mad, I think he may get bigger rages thru time. Or that may even transer into real life. Imagine kids playing gta, cod and other "violent" games their whole life, I think they do add a minor percentage to their "agression" but not to the point where they would kill people or do other mayor crimes but more in the way they may get angry at something/ somebody slightly faster, maybe even get their rage out with breaking things because of those slightly bigger rages while gaming.

And I'm speaking for "normal" people. For those who are already at the edge of killing someone games just push them the last step, maybe because they raged hard and are now ultra mad or something.

Your thoughts? No hate wars pls

Can you make the post like a vote?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

naw , i just vent when i play em then im back to my calm and collected self after lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky