Who are you voting for in 2016?

Jack.EXE

Yeah, we could spend it stuff like Solyndra!

I chuckled, a lot.

Oh dear that was a complete failure.. I'd rather have another $600,000,000 spent on a broken website made by someone who is a friend of the first family.  :rolleyes:

That person owns a Canadian company I believe, which is illegal to do so. Government contracts for these things need to use an American company. Teehee, whoopsies WH?

No, it's not the same. While not everyone "had healthcare" with the old system, those who had it actually had coverage. Now nobody has decent coverage unless you want to sell both arms and legs.

The reason why we don't have "normal healthcare" was explained in my post, a bandage is marked up 1000% to your insurance and it should be illegal. Fixing the price gouging would fix 90% of our healthcare problems.

But you can't regulate the prices because healthcare is not goverment controlled, it's private business in the US. Normal healthcare is provided by the goverment which means prices go way down to their lowest as manufacturers of bandages compete with each other to sell THE ENTIRE country their bandages. 

What is screwing you over is that healthcare is a business.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But you can't regulate the prices because healthcare is not goverment controlled, it's private business in the US. Normal healthcare is provided by the goverment which means prices go way down to their lowest as manufacturers of bandages compete with each other to sell THE ENTIRE country their bandages. 

What is screwing you over is that healthcare is a business.

I don't think you understand how laws work, but yes that can be regulated exactly as stated...

Here are some of my choices:

KP8aB1b.jpg

FuqSl9v.jpg

EeL3O7o.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Here are some of my choices:

fuck man can you learn how to use spoilers?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

fuck man can you learn how to use spoilers?

I only use spoilers for high res screenshots

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

#STANDWITHRAND

Rand Paul is my boi.

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

I only use spoilers for high res screenshots

those are long screenshots, it takes two months to scroll through them.

Spoiler

those are long screenshots, it takes two months to scroll through them.

Because you have a shitty low res monitor :P

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

yeah, like they don't take up two screens of your master race high res monitor.

Spoiler

post-5244-0-28538700-1441395480_thumb.pn

So yeah, spoiler are a good idea. If you need to zoom out to 33% on a 1440p screen to make the post fit on screen, spoilers are preferable.

Just becuase I wanted to contribute something in this post, here is my political compass test

post-5244-0-05445900-1441221636.png

post-5244-0-28538700-1441395480_thumb.pn

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just becuase I wanted to contribute something in this post, here is my political compass test

post-5244-0-05445900-1441221636.png

As an European, why would I want to vote the best president for the US, wouldn't it be logical to vote for the shittiest president (probably Trump/Hilton) so that the US becomes even worse then it's now?

Maybe people will then finally stop being capitalists and nationalistic.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Hey btw guys, I know most of you are not going to vote but be thankful we don't live in a pseudo-fascist country like Australia or Belgium when it comes to compulsory voting and politics. In those countries, if you don't at least show up to the voting booth and mark a ballot with a big 'X' (or however you want to mark it, like "heil hitler" for lelz), then you could get fined for a not-insignificant amount of money. Be thankful for that.

They can't enforce that here anymore, too many people (IIRC it was about 10% at the last elections) just don't turn up and the courts simply don't have the capacity to prosecute them all. A few hundred people are summoned at most, and if you don't have a proper explanation the fines are usually in the double digits with a theoretical maximum of 137.5 EUR.

Also, we can't invalidate our voting papers anymore now that the voting is moving more and more towards being done by computer. We can still vote "blanco" in which case your vote counts but goes towards the majority, whatever that ends up being. Around 10% of the people do that.

Anyway, back on topic : I'm not seeing anyone I like really. They're all either arrogant pricks/b***es or are so stupid that a comparison with Dubya can be made.

Oh well, it's not like the last couple of presidents were any good, at least there's some consistency there.

They can't enforce that here anymore, too many people (IIRC it was about 10% at the last elections) just don't turn up and the courts simply don't have the capacity to prosecute them all. A few hundred people are summoned at most, and if you don't have a proper explanation the fines are usually in the double digits with a theoretical maximum of 137.5 EUR.

Also, we can't invalidate our voting papers anymore now that the voting is moving more and more towards being done by computer. We can still vote "blanco" in which case your vote counts but goes towards the majority, whatever that ends up being. Around 10% of the people do that.

Anyway, back on topic : I'm not seeing anyone I like really. They're all either arrogant pricks/b***es or are so stupid that a comparison with Dubya can be made.

Oh well, it's not like the last couple of presidents were any good, at least there's some consistency there.

Each one of them has a punchable face!

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

As an European, why would I want to vote the best president for the US, wouldn't it be logical to vote for the shittiest president (probably Trump/Hilton) so that the US becomes even worse then it's now?

Maybe people will then finally stop being capitalists and nationalistic.

Mostly becuase what's best for the US also tends to be the best for Europe (atleast Western Europe).

The US and the Western European countries are still very much dependt on eachother both economically and culturally (Europe being the most dependt party).

A potential economic recession (or even worse, an economic collapse) in the US would have, and did have, a major impact on Europe. 

In the worst case scenario, I would actually see nationalism rise in most countries if the US went belly up. 

The general populus would have seen the globalized economy as a failure and they would begin looking towards their own country. 

And the nationalist parties would be right there to greet them. 

Obamacare is a fucking stupid system that does not make any bit of sense. Instead of forcing companies to cover everyone which doesn't WORK and isn't the problem, limit what can be charged! Three days of blood work cost us $10,000. That is way more than what it actually costs. Insurance and medical companies need to be limited on what they can charge for all medical supplies and services, enough to make a few percent on profit but not enough to gouge your eyes out over a bandage. THAT is the problem with our healthcare, THAT is why coverage was almost non-existent and now because of Obamacare even worse..

Won't work, wastes money that could be spent on somewhat less useless shit.

Just like all the money we give to Mexico? 

Oh, we'll just deduct it out of the $ where giving to them.

I'm not American. I'm Canadian. And Not old enough to vote.

I would vote for glorious lord Harper.

In a US election.

C A N ' T    S T U M P    T H E    T R U M P

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Apperantly, I'm voting for Bernie Sanders.

-snip-

Test link: http://www.isidewith.com/

But luckily, I don't live in the US, so I don't get to vote at the 2016 election. Actually, Denmark just had an election this June.

And don't let your friend dictate who you should vote for. If you want to vote for Jeb Bush, then you should vote for Jeb Bush.

What I learned from that, is that I lean heavily on the Democrat side(With Hillary Clinton at the top) and that the only thing I have in common with republicans, is my stance on illegal immigrants. Is there a site like that for Canada's elections?

DdKKI9m.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

you know I think it was a mistake to get involved with political discussion so I'll just end here. I think I'll go back watching the incessant ramblings going on in the UK house of parliament.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

There is: https://canada.isidewith.com/political-quiz

But it only matches you with a party. It doesn't match you with any specific candidate.

Oh! I see.

Turns out I'm slightly more liberal than I thought

5Euh2lD.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Mostly becuase what's best for the US also tends to be the best for Europe (atleast Western Europe).

The US and the Western European countries are still very much dependt on eachother both economically and culturally (Europe being the most dependt party).

A potential economic recession (or even worse, an economic collapse) in the US would have, and did have, a major impact on Europe. 

In the worst case scenario, I would actually see nationalism rise in most countries if the US went belly up. 

The general populus would have seen the globalized economy as a failure and they would begin looking towards their own country. 

And the nationalist parties would be right there to greet them. 

Haha your funny. We had city's with hunderd thousand people while you guys were living in huts. I think we all the most depended  of China (and other Asian countries)

What's so hard for other countries to follow the Scandinavian model?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Haha your funny. We had city's with hunderd thousand million of peopl while you guys were living in huts. I think we all the most dependt of China (and other Asian countries)

What's so hard for other countries to follow the Scandinavian model?

"you guys"? I'm not American (which I pointed out in my very first post in this thread). i actually live in Denmark, which is one of the countries following the Scandinavian model.

What do you mean with "living in huts"? The people currently running the show in the US aren't native Americans. They are mostly people of European decent.

And no, Europe never had a city with a hundred thousand million people in it. A hundred thousand million people would be more than 14 times the current population of Earth.

And what happend in the past has very little to say about the present day. As thing are today, the US is still the world's largest economy, and is in both economic terms and cultural terms the most important country in the world. 

While China is a very important economic player on the global scene, their economic system is very different from the one in the US and Europe, which makes thing a bit difficult.

Also, the current state of the Chinese economy doesn't really look all that great, but I'll wait to make my conclusions on the economic future of China.

"you guys"? I'm not American (which I pointed out in my very first post in this thread). i actually live in Denmark, which is one of the countries following the Scandinavian model.

What do you mean with "living in huts"? The people currently running the show in the US aren't native Americans. They are mostly people of European decent.

And no, Europe never had a city with a hundred thousand million people in it. A hundred thousand million people would be more than 14 times the current population of Earth.

And what happend in the past has very little to say about the present day. As thing are today, the US is still the world's largest economy, and is in both economic terms and cultural terms the most important country in the world. 

While China is a very important economic player on the global scene, their economic system is very different from the one in the US and Europe, which makes thing a bit difficult.

Also, the current state of the Chinese economy doesn't really look all that great, but I'll wait to make my conclusions on the economic future of China.

Nice too see you bashing about a obvious forgotten slash

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

TIL there are only 100M people on earth.

100 million people on Earth? We are currently on the fasttrack to 7.4 billion people: http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

There are over 300 million people in the US alone: http://www.census.gov/popclock/

If you are commenting on my calculation, then onehundred thousand million would look like this: 100.000.000.000 or 100 billion people. 

That divided with the current population of Earth (rounded down to 7 billion) gives 14,28. which means, that 100.000.000.000 is 14.28 time higher than 7 billion.