[UPDATE] The Ashley Madison hackers just released all of their stolen data

TopWargamer

I've done no fact checking but I thought you could sign up without a credit card. The big deal was that if you wanted to remove your profile, you had to use your credit card.

Looks like you are correct. I just tried signing up with a fake name and email. No verification needed, not even a credit card.

So yeah... Their database is probably full of fake accounts.

All of a sudden this became a lot less popcorn worthy.

So, in other words, a lot of these could be fake accounts since there's no real measure to verify.

Again I've done no fact checking, but yes. On the other hand, the ones that did put their credit card in (and I'd say there's quite a few) are proper cheating bastards, who tried to hide it, and now they're fucked!

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Looks like you are correct. I just tried signing up with a fake name and email. No verification needed, not even a credit card.

So yeah... Their database is probably full of fake accounts.

All of a sudden this became a lot less popcorn worthy.

There's still hope!

Again I've done no fact checking, but yes. On the other hand, the ones that did put their credit card in (and I'd say there's quite a few) are proper cheating bastards, who tried to hide it, and now they're fucked!

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

On top of that AM is infamous for dating mining off social media accounts to create fake profiles of both genders.  So, that makes this even less popcorn worthy.  xD

We can always laugh at the stupidity of those who actually signed up. As Einstein once said, 'the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits'.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Everyone needs to calm down with a dank MLG vid:

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

well, if you are gonna cheat, at least have the intelligence to not leave a trail.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Imo the hackers are just as disgusting as the people that they're trying to expose. I don't agree with cheating, but sometimes you just don't love a person anymore, I think you should probably have a discussion with your partner about it, but it doesn't mean that all Ashley Madison members are awful people; just playing a little devil's advocate. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Ashley Madison = 30% bots, 50% fake accounts, 10% trolls and curious folks, and then you have 10% who actually went there to cheat with 7% of those being men and 3% being actual women.  So, it's funny they're releasing pointless data mostly.

not really relevant to what I was saying to be honest, but whatever I guess. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

It was to point out that you're feeling bad about 10 percent of the entire database of users.  Not saying you're wrong, but I agree with you and Linus.  Regardless of how wrong it is to cheat in the eye of the beholder, it doesn't justify invading the privacy of another.

well, 10% of 37million is still a boat-load. 

I didn't even math, and that's true.  xD

rekt lol  

Can't Wait for the SuperFun video! If it is actually going to happen...

If you don't know What I'm talking about it was on the WAN show for the first Ashley Madison story, they discussed pranking Linus's wife by signing him up (she does the books so the credit card receipt would go to her.... Linus concluded that it was a "definite maybe" though it was probably more towards 'no it's a bad idea'

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

They decided with their free-time, will, and opportunity to sign up for an affair site to cheat on the person they had the idiocy to marry.  They deserve it.  Trusting a third party like this with their private information to help them meet with someone wanting to help with an affair - they deserve it.  

How many people do you think on this forum have used it ;)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

Linus?  /s

I've used others to troll the bots on the sites.

xD

My rig: 

How many people do you think on this forum have used it ;)

200-300

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Or, Ashley Madison made the account for you against your will.

Credit card needed for that, but they do sub you to their email promo list against your will just like every big company in existence.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I have to say, I find that to be fucking awesome. <3

We might even get rid of a few slimy politicians as a direct result!

I have to say, I find that to be fucking awesome. <3

We might even get rid of a few slimy politicians as a direct result!

It's going to be difficult to find out if politicians used it, you just need an email to sign up, no confirmation through that email either - that's why people like barack obama are 'signed up' with it.

My rig: 

Oh damn

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I don't understand why people are being judgmental of the way others are choosing to lives their life. These so called cheating individuals have no impact on my life and I have no right to judge them. I don't know their situation.  I know enough about life to know, no one is perfect. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

I don't understand why people are being judgmental of the way others are choosing to lives their life. These so called cheating individuals have no impact on my life and I have no right to judge them. I don't know their situation.  I know enough about life to know, no one is perfect. 

im sure if it was one of your parents (or a spouse) on there this would be a different story.