[UPDATE] The Ashley Madison hackers just released all of their stolen data

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://gizmodo.com/the-ashley-madison-hackers-just-released-all-of-their-s-1724920693?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Source 2: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/happened-hackers-posted-stolen-ashley-madison-data/?mbid=social_fb

***New thread with information on an additional 20GB of leaked data: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434238-ashley-madison-hackers-just-dumped-20gb-more-of-leaked-information/

Well then, they certainly were not joking around... The stolen data can be found on the dark web and is 10GB in size. This includes member's email addresses, credit card transactions, and even profiles. One person even found some British government emails. Oh man.

Here's what the hacking team, Impact Team, had to say when they released the data:

Too bad for those men, they’re cheating dirtbags and deserve no such discretion. Too bad for ALM, you promised secrecy but didn’t deliver.…

We have explained the fraud, deceit, and stupidity of ALM and their members. Now everyone gets to see their data … Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles. See ashley madison fake profile lawsuit; 90-95% of actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world’s biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters.

I mean, they're not wrong. The people who attempted to use Ashley Madison for an affair are pretty scummy, but releasing all of their info online is an equally scummy move. 

57445d81d4.png

AshleyMadison-File-Dump3.jpg

UPDATE

Ars has confirmed that the dumped information is real and genuine, with some Ashley Madison users coming out and saying that they're information was found in the dump.

Researchers are still shifting through the nearly 10GB of compressed data, but so far they have found usernames, first and last names, hashed passwords for 33 million accounts, partial credit card data, street names, phone numbers for a huge number of users, records documenting 9.6 million transactions (that's a lot of affairs), and 36 million email addresses. This leak also includes PayPal accounts used by Ashley Madison executives, Windows domain credentials for employees, and a large number of proprietary internal documents, org charts, contracts, sales techniques, and more. 

Source: http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/08/ashley-madison-hack-is-not-only-real-its-worse-than-we-thought/

I thought that primarily burner accounts were exposed, and most of the information is, but there's a lot more personal information being exposed here than I originally thought. 

cf0b5c79c1.png

COMIC SANS

well thats why you don't negotiate with hackers.  You just fucking obey and pray they are nice. 

YES all of them aren't bad, but most are,...still a dick move, mads ion should have just shut down.

and you know not LIED About keeping the data after deleted 

Oh god. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

moral hacktivism! yay!

/s

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

>inb4 Breaks internet

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

@LinusTech DUN DUN DUNNN

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Can we access the 10gb of emails and stuff/ 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Can we access the 10gb of emails and stuff/ 

If you can find the torrent for it. 

COMIC SANS

Huehue... Oh man, this is gonna be a shit storm.

The pots been brewing for years, and Impact Team just tossed in a dozen firecrackers; Let's all sit back, and watch the fireworks.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

wait, what's the website?

That got hacked or the hackers upload site?

-Microsoft 2015

If you can find the torrent for it. 

I am guessing that they released the credit card shit too. Apparently they had all that. Men are done for xD

That got hacked or the hackers upload site?

yeah like where i can view it

Oh holy hell,

Some corporate and government heads are going to roll this time.

I bet Bill Clinton has already gone into hiding.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh this is gonna be fun. I'm waiting for news to explode, a scandal after scandal is what I'm expecting.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

To all the MPs especially: F*** you xD...

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

how many politicians on the list?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

yeah like where i can view it

4chan /b/

is all i can thing of where to view it

Beware its a NSFW forum

-Microsoft 2015