[UPDATE] The Ashley Madison hackers just released all of their stolen data

TopWargamer

I was waiting for this to happen. Finally.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Does that include people in open relationships? xD

It's not intended to be a website for people in open relationships. Their tag line is, 'life's short, have an affair'. The website has no moral or justifyable intentions, that is why it was hacked.

Waiting for shitstorm *grabs popcorn*  B)

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Had a feeling this was going to happen.  From what I can tell, the passwords appear to be hashed so I'm not sure how useful this will be.  I've seen a sample of the dumps.  The only thing that seems to stand out are usernames.  Maybe that will change in later releases.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Edit: The hackers did give them the option of shutting down the website, so who's to really blame? And if your security can be hacked, you shouldn't have the right to store credit and personal information, imho.

So no website ever should?

BTW the proper way to keep it all secure is not to even store anything.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

So no website ever should?

BTW the proper way to keep it all secure is not to even store anything.

<video>

For those of you who just watched that video and wonders how AshleyMadison stored their passwords, they had proper password security. They seem to have used salt and they only stored hashes.

Here are the first ~3350 users in the database on PasteBin (am I allowed to post this?).

Um, you don't have to be in a relationship nor do you need to cheat to use their site.  Their main approach is affairs, but that doesn't mean you have to have one to use the site fully.  

That's what I though many probably use it as a general hook up site.

RTX2070OC 

For those of you who just watched that video and wonders how AshleyMadison stored their passwords, they had proper password security. They seem to have used salt and they only stored hashes.

Here are the first ~3350 users in the database on PasteBin (am I allowed to post this?).

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post.  Not sure if @LinusTech wants this to be posted.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

-snip-

@TopWargamer add this

Is there a version of this chart that shows number of users vs city population?  While I can google each city, it would be interesting to see which cities have the highest percentage of people.

I hope those people have their divorce papers ready, or at least be ready to get beat up by their spouse's family :D

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

-picsnip-

-pingsnip- add this

That really should be users per capita, because otherwise, it's just a big heatmap.

heatmap.png

Title text: There are also a lot of global versions of this map showing traffic to English-language websites which are indistinguishable from maps of the location of internet users who are native English speakers.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I wonder if anyone on there used someone else's identity? That would really suck for a faithful husband. just imagine every guy in the same town using the identity of some local pastor.  :wacko:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

That's like saying "I don't know why people are critical of thieves and murderers, everybody chooses their own path guys!" Completely disregarding their partners. I have absolutely nothing against polygamy and multiple sexual partners, provided you didn't sign a fucking contract saying you wouldn't cheat which is what you basically agree to when you get married.

Lots of people on LTT are hypocrites. They are being very judgmental of adulterers when they themselves have done something reprehensible. Lots of the KIDS on this website are thieves and very proud of it. Its not my place to judge another person, just disagree with the decisions they have made. So the impact on my life is minimal. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Ya, I tried a bunch of stuff even to see if that was true.  That tool thing is bad.  The one email it said I had I went to AM to do an account recovery...still haven't gotten an email meaning that tool is wrong.  However, I did get a bunch of spam from them offering to make an account.  

Yah, the only real way to ensure you aren't just giving someone new your info, is to actually download the data, and do a search locally yourself.  Otherwise you are basically just signing up for spam, or verifying that you have that email and it is active.

That is like the websites that offer to check if your CC number was in the latest leak, or your SSN, or your full name or whatever.  They are usually just fishing for info and hoping to scam people who are fearful of getting scammed, lol.

Man the shitstorm is real

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Dam you attracted 37 readers!!!

Seems like a lot of people like fapping and jerking off these days...

LMAO

I'd give it at most a week before this happens. At most 2 weeks for it to pop up on Reddit, 4Chan, etc.

Already there partially

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.