AT&T helped U.S. NSA in spying on Internet traffic: N.Y. Times

TwistedDictator

13279-7919-20110321-200435-pic-259980523

Telecommunications powerhouse AT&T Inc has provided extensive assistance to the U.S. National Security Agency as the spy agency conducts surveillance on huge volumes of Internet traffic passing through the United States, the New York Times reported on Saturday, citing newly disclosed NSA documents.

The newspaper reported that the company gave technical assistance to the NSA in carrying out a secret court order allowing wiretapping of all Internet communications at the headquarters of the United Nations, an AT&T customer.

The documents date from 2003 to 2013 and were provided by fugitive former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the Times reported.

The company helped the spy agency in a broad range of classified activities, the newspaper reported.

The documents describe how the NSA's working relationship with AT&T has been particularly important, enabling the agency to conduct surveillance, under various legal rules, of international and foreign-to-foreign Internet communications that passed through network hubs in the United States.

AT&T installed surveillance equipment in at least 17 of its U.S. Internet hubs, far more than competitor Verizon Communications Inc, the Times reported. AT&T engineers also were the first to use new surveillance technologies invented by the NSA, the Times reported.

"This is a partnership, not a contractual relationship," according to one NSA document describing the link between the agency and the company.

AT&T's "corporate relationships provide unique accesses to other telecoms and I.S.P.s," or Internet service providers, according to another NSA document.

Source

NYTIMES SOURCE (the main one)

This is what Edward Snowden Revealed previously, and not a lot listened. He is a Hero, but seen as a traitor to corrupt companies and news groups. At&T are giving data to NSA, AS A PARTNERSHIP.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Not at all surprising.

We really need to stand up and stop the government-corporate incest that's going on.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not at all surprising.

We really need to stand up and stop the government-corporate incest that's going on.

IDK I have mixed feelings.

On one hand I think its bad and a violation of privacy that they are spying on us.

On the other hand I don't really care

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not at all surprising.

Sadly, not a lot of Americans care. Majority of them will only care if it relates to sex, bacon, guns, nudes, and bacon.

Edit: Just seen the comment above me:

On one hand I think its bad and a violation of privacy that they are spying on us.

What if I told you, while your making love to your girlfriend/boyfriend, or even both, someone is hearing you, listening to every word your saying, maybe hearing how dirty both your partners are, maybe he slaps a bacon across he chest, the bacon from your fridge, the one that was supposed to be for you, which is now on top of a mans hairy chest while he is listening to your partner mastur bat... Suddenly she send you nudes, which he receives...

Does spwath get his bacon back,

Does he like boys or girls?

Does he care now?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z...

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

It really needs to stop. It's not acceptable.

The US government is Governments are so corrupt. They just hide their corruption.

Fixed. 

Sadly, not a lot of Americans care. Majority of them will only care if it relates to sex, bacon, guns, nudes, and bacon.

Or a black person getting shot by the police

Or a lion getting killed (Who the fuck cares?)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Fixed. 

Not all governments are as corrupt as the US government. All governments have some level of corruption, but its low. The Nordic countries and Canada are known for having very low levels of corruption. In the US companies control the government, and moviestars can become president :P

Next up in the same news category is Microsoft and maybe more people will pull their heads out of their asses.

Don't they have to? The fbi doesn't ask they tell you what they need and you provide.

Tbh this was fully expected...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

when people dont care we are losing our rights -_- they take the right to privacy away today what are they going to take away next? the right to life?

America, land of the free!

Oh, wait. It's all a lie!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm not really surprised. It is AT&T.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were sacrificing virgins to some god in an attempt to earn money.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It really needs to stop. It's not acceptable.

When you see people in America blindly sign a petition to add carcinogens into the water supply because the president thinks its a good idea (the petition wasn't real of course, but the point was proven), you know that it is fucked. People won't like me saying this, but Russian citizens have far more sense than those in America (and the same goes for Aussies).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm sure lots more companies are doing this, and lots more countries as well. But all we here is murica this murica that :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm pretty sure I read about AT&T proactively cooperating with the NSA like two years ago already, this is not new news.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

When you see people in America blindly sign a petition to add carcinogens into the water supply because the president thinks its a good idea (the petition wasn't real of course, but the point was proven), you know that it is fucked. People won't like me saying this, but Russian citizens have far more sense than those in America (and the same goes for Aussies).

Considering that your own government is just as sinister as our own, I doubt that statement. The difference is that your government doesn't do what it does because of corporations. It just does it for it's own sake.

Not that I'm trying to start anything. Not at all. Ignorance and apathy are slowly destroying humanity. Mainly because corporations and governments have learned, keep the people stupid, keep them distracted, control what they see and hear, and you can do anything you want to them. Combine all that with the opiates that are "reality TV", religions, and fabricated social issues that make people think they are actually making a difference in the world?

Well all that just spells disaster. For everyone.

So they are bad in front and away from the light 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400