Worst WAN show ever!

The Gaige

I'll have to say the tech news content of the WAN Show has shrunken significantly, now it's mostly *Turnip*. Probably the entertain the 13 year olds watching?

While the WAN show is somewhat of my saturday morning routine with a gallon of coffee, I am more excited when I see a new episode of "The Tek" up, as honestly, if it's about knowlege, Logan, Wendell and Qain know sooo much more in every aspect. 

But ya, WAN show content has been degraded for the sake of a wider audience, which in turn dumbs it down, as the wider the audience, the lower the intellect.

Hey Wendell and Logan have good back and forth humor too if you ask me. Though I still quite enjoy finding things like Slick's girlfriend plagued by constant #firepole messages on instagram: that's just fucking hilarious as well. Totally worth the delay and the fact that it was a short show with no tech news just for that little bit if you ask me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's nice to have an episode like this every once in a while. Sometimes tech news just gets boring (especially phone "news".) after a while. Nice to hear them just chill out and chat about stuff.

I liked it. I wouldn't like every single episode to be like that (then again, I would prefer them to ban phone news from the WAN show because that's not news :P *shots fired*), but every once in a while it's kind of nice. Changes things up you know?

Its heart warming to see you finally agree with something I feel :D

#ANewStart

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I have to agree. This show was not good at all.

However the viewership increase indicates that this is what people wants. While many wants to get Linus and Luke opinion on things, it seams that most just wants the small talk, VBlog style.

I am a bad example cause I liked it, but I kinda disagree on that: it was just the usual 6k people but then it got hosted on Twitch's main page so that blew up the numbers quite a bit, not necessarily cause it's what people want.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Its heart warming to see you finally agree with something I feel :D

#ANewStart

Yeah.

I'd definitely like to see the WAN show be a little less techy in some areas, and a little more opinionated/relaxed in others. Part of the reason that I watch The Tek is because they cover some stuff that has less to do with computers, and more to being awesome or terrible for society etc.

Also because they drink. I would really like to see a drunken WAN show. Or maybe a drunken game stream from LTT

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I really liked it. Tech news becomes boring after a while, nice to see them kick back and prove that they are actually human.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

IMO it's becoming like Tech Talk.No real topics random sex jokes Ect. Still enjoyable because of the hosts just not on topic

This is why having a producer really matters... They're going to need to find someone who can fill that role if they want this to grow and remain popular. The antics are great for now but that'll wear thin pretty quickly. 

They are busy with the move and are excited about the new office. Chill. They will go back to normal once they get settled in. 

I like these style of WAN shows... 

I think it's gone downhill in the last month and a half. I don't mind because I use it for background noise on my long weekend drives anyway.

I like these style of WAN shows... 

God damn HodgeTwins... Keep seeing your profile gif around. Just started watching them recently and boy have I been laughing my arse off...

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

God damn HodgeTwins... Keep seeing your profile gif around. Just started watching them recently and boy have I been laughing my arse off...

Lol. They certainty are the funniest YouTube pair i know of. 

tumblr_mi39gqYyb11qzqcico1_400.gif

I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was very funny. My two favorite parts where when linus told luke to shut up, and when luke was talking about the ban bot^^

Lol that Ban Bot was reking everyone... I couldn't stop laughing, was just imagining the hitmarker sound everytime <user> has been banned for...

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

what is the address for the garage sale? I'm only 4 hours away.

The only thing fair in life is between first and third.

They've not released any information on the location's address yet, but they should be updating the LinusMediaGroup.com website when they do.

Photography

Correction, best WAN show ever... Take you butt hurt somewhere else.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Are you serious? These guys have been busting their asses with the move to the new office, at least give them a chance to blow off some steam and reminisce on the old office and garage. They're taking a massive leap in their journey as a company.

I agree - they've been moving into the office - Linus himself has been working all day, non-stop, with the new office consuming all of his spare time. Chill out guys. Once the new office is moved in, they'll get back to normal WAN shows.

Besides, if any of you are hardcore old LTT viewers, the "Live Show" was MUCH CLOSER to this, in content. The original Live Shows were just Linus in his Kitchen on a laptop, streaming off the build-in webcam, talking about random updates to the channel, things that interested him, any interesting news that might be recent, etc. Even after it became a regular thing with Slick in the garage, it was still much closer to this.

It wasn't until it officially became the "WAN Show" that it became a much more organized show, with specific set topics and a rough guideline on time per topic, etc.

Just think of it as a laid back "Throwback" episode to their roots.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If you guys want more of a HEAVY tech channel go to Tec Syndicates show. Its a lot more refined and to the point without a ton of sponsors. Its more of the backbone of whats going on

I actually really liked it for some reason! It is cool to hear them talk and get hyped up over their new office!

Thanks!

Chris R.

Okay I agree it wasn't the best WAN show. but they did not have a lot of time to prepare their topics, they've been moving all week so I don't think we should complain at all since they specially build this temporary setup to get the WAN show in the air this saturday.

This is Linus we are talking about ,

Of cores sometimes every thing is not ganna go the way it should be ,

Like Linus's ideas , they are the worst amon--

-£-#;#+£;"+£!£+(#+#!;£-£(£!£!';@()@;";"+£-(#-"!£(#(£;#+(#"--#+#(";℅${$℅¢{¥{¥℅=\℅

BANNED BY LINUS . ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

post-144483-0-84819000-1438462189.jpg

(⌐■_■) 

I liked how laid back the whole thing was. It would've been nice if more tech news could've found its way in, but I'm fine with the show just being relaxed like it was yesterday.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I have to agree. This show was not good at all.

However the viewership increase indicates that this is what people wants. While many wants to get Linus and Luke opinion on things, it seams that most just wants the small talk, VBlog style.

Being on the front page of twitch obviously had nothing to do with the large viewer numbers.