Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I bought an Intel Graphics 4000 laptop, and tried to game on it. I still have this laptop.

Also, I give all my PCs human names.

What's the laptop called? (Human Name?)

What's the laptop called? (Human Name?)

Bertha.

I'm so sad

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2

I have 2x 780TI running a single 1080p monitor...

Saving up for an ultrawide, I swear.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

The biggest USB flash drive i've ever held is only 1GB

I'll go sit in the corner now...​

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Everyone has some dark secret about tech that you are just too embarrassed to talk about. Maybe you're still using a trackball mouse (gasp!), or maybe you still run Windows Vista!

I once bought a pair of Beats Studio at an airport because I stupidly forgot my regular airplane headphones AKG K267's I also bought lots of pocky before I got on the plane to Dubai...20 packages to be exact.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

(Fairly Minor)

I'm not one for the minimalist things that nearly everyone swoons over :'). i like my agressive styling, even if bordering on what people would consider "tacky" + I plan on more purple + blue for my PC.

I actually like noctua's fan colours./colour scheme :D

i'd take my 4820K over a 6700K/4790K/5820K

I still want the next computer i build to be AMD. (Ethier a Phenom X6 or FX 8320 for my sisters one)

I'm Terrible with cable management thus why i've not thus far shown a bigger picture of my PC's insides (done once cause of someone asking about the z11+ length)

I have a squishy spot for having massive ram capacitys (my old 3770K rig had 32GB RAM) and my 7970ghz has 6GB vram (Got it before the r9 390 and 980ti came out) + i've planned to upgrade to 24GB RAM for my current rig

i'm using a 3 quid dell keyboard that's really rad, + best keyboard that i've ever used was a Dell Quietkey from 1999

--

I once tried to install a GPU with the PC turned on.

I bought a single Core Celeron (LGA 775, 3.06Ghz clockspeed and 1GB ram) with the intention of getting into video editing and such (I wasn't very computer smart back then)

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I've got my entire home-server infrastructure running on a mac mini.

Instead of working to get my IP camera setup on the network properly, I have it patched so you can only access it through the server because im too lazy to setup a dns lookup for it

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

One of my clients punched me in the face...

And I did nothing about it.

I trusted my data with a seagate

I ran a 7970 Dcu ii at max CCC clock speeds on a 250w raidmax psu

I removed my dust filters

I run my loop with straight distilled water

I often reuse thermal paste

My keyboard and mouse were freebies

I used to game on five 1280x1024 monitors in eyefinity

I use turtle beach headphones because I got them free

I dont mind rubber dome keys

A GOOD TN panel is good enough for me

I like AMD GPUs

I suck at networking

I often have to break the grounding pin off of things

I use a sandy bridge CPU

My sandy bridge CPU beats your 6700k on multithreaded workloads

I have had said cpu to 5ghz before

My fans are the quietest part of my PC

I am trusting my OS on an SSD with over 10tb of data written to it

I am spewing random facts at this point

Ducks have a 9in corscrew shaped-okay, I am done now.

...WUT.

I ran a single core celeron D at 100% for weeks on vacation. 

I bought a broken PCB with the intent to fix...

I cooked bacon on an athlon 6000+

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I usually reuse the existing paste by just putting a little bit more on the middle. And yes, after several months, both the raidmax psu and GPU still worked. I did replace the caps and add a bit of extra filtering, as well as beef up the cooling. But hey, it worked

I used a WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA II hard drive up until recently to store my games on, it came from then my old rig which I did not build my self and had always assumed it was a SATA III, Funnily enough it was BF4 ridiculous load times compared to my friends which made me question it then I looked into it deeper and realised :'D

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Used to play games on a mac. Could run skyrim high settings with 200 mods easy. yet garage band killed my logicboard and video card

I trusted my data with a seagate

I removed my dust filters

I run my loop with straight distilled water

My keyboard and mouse were freebies

I used to game on five 1280x1024 monitors in eyefinity

I use turtle beach headphones because I got them free

I dont mind rubber dome keys

A GOOD TN panel is good enough for me

I like AMD GPUs

I suck at networking

I often have to break the grounding pin off of things

I use a sandy bridge CPU

My sandy bridge CPU beats your 6700k on multithreaded workloads

I have had said cpu to 5ghz before

My fans are the quietest part of my PC

I am trusting my OS on an SSD with over 10tb of data written to it

I am spewing random facts at this point

Ducks have a 9in corscrew shaped-okay, I am done now.

- Really? They're fine? :c

- Did it go nuclear?

- You made a thread

- Good one xD

- I do that like once every time I change cooler.. then reapply later

*skips to last one* I already knew that xD 9 inches though.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I am losing interest in gaming these days and I prefer to play more casual games than fast paced ones

I see in no way on how this is a confession. The most fast paced game I play is Farming Simulator when a high demand is happening. Ohh the RUSH!!

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

My brother's rig has a Corsair CX600M

That same rig is a shitty prebuilt from Cyberpower PC that had a ECS GT 520 and now has a Sapphire Dual-X HD 7850

I used a netbook with 2GB of RAM it, and it was a blue Toshiba with a single-core Intel Atom

I tried playing Team Fortress 2 on said netbook

I tried playing GTA 5 on my current laptop with 4GB of RAM in it

I own a 360GB hard drive and some old 80GB hard drive pulled from a custom built PC that had a Pentium III

I actually kinda like Corsair's CS power supplies

I tend to lean much more for AMD

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I see in no way on how this is a confession. The most fast paced game I play is Farming Simulator when a high demand is happening. Ohh the RUSH!!

I probably had something else in mind.

Tell me about farming simulator gets my adrenaline pumping! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Bought and still use Turtle Beach Tango Headset.

Have a $1,000 in my HAM radio equipment that I use but twice a month (and I still want more equipment).

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

Having used many WRT54G/G2 routers, I grew fond of them. I bought a Linksys WRT1900AC and I am mad at myself for falling for the marketing hype. I've had for nearly 2 years and DD-WRT isn't ported, and OpenWRT only became available within the last year. I recently tried setting it up as a dumb AP but they do not include that functionality on the stock firmware. Currently looking into OpenWRT and how difficult it will be to install/manage.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

• 4 months later...

Every one of us has broken hardware we'd really rather not have. Sometimes, it's spectacular. I'm curious about what everyone's worst stories are~

(If there's already a thread for this, link it please.)

I have a few, but my most recent one is trying to repair an H100i. It was making a very loud buzzing sound, and I decided to take the block apart to see if I could fix it. I took out the screws and started prying, but it wouldn't go. I found another screw to take out, then started prying again. I thought it was adhesive or a clip or something, so I just stuck a guitar pick in the edge and wrenched it --Once I got it apart, I saw that I had actually ripped the wires running to the motor out of the controller board...

EDIT: So my topic was moved to this one... I don't really think it fits that perfectly, mine is about people breaking stuff, but okay...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Carpet... It was a useless system that I was just looking at though so... meh..

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

installing a hdd a couple years to a server on carpet, with the PCB on the carpet with no static protection.... back in the noob days xD

when a was such newbie that i didnt even build my own pc(ordered them to build it), i paid 100 euros to get wifi, now few months ago noticing that that wifi pci card costs 13 euros in their website.. well, ignorance costs