Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Did mz first built built when i was 7. dont remember much except for the god awful 56k download struggles and washing my cpu cooler unde running water

took me over a week to do it when i got my parts since the power supply had problems and same with the motherboard so i had to RMA for like a month for both parts

No mouse cursor? Has that been working before? If you have it connected to USB3 port, it may need drivers first.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I am running a one core intel celeron, 1.5 gb ram, 250 gb hard drive, no gpu in cpu or dedicated laptop. And I am a huge tech enthusiast

We all have you feeling at some point in life!  :P

:D

No mouse cursor? Has that been working before? If you have it connected to USB3 port, it may need drivers first.

Did exactly this with a SFF I acquired from a bin at work which has USB 3 and I didn't know about it. 35 minutes passed before I just installed a bulk load of drivers and the front ports started working. Lol.

I hate everyone and feel like they're all ignorant asshats.  With that said, I understand them, I just hate them.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'm using a dell keyboard and mouse. And a crt monitor. *gasp*

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Using a dell optiplex 980 with vista on an i7 870 with 8g ram mismatched MHz and 100gb hdd

I can't really get into any game anymore... I'll play it for 2 hours max and then probably never launch it again. 

I have the same issue...and have since waited until games are $15.00 or less that way I am not wasting my money.

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

i pluged a usb cable into the hdmi port of my laptop by mistake .

The computer went black .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I despise the look of EVGA graphics cards with an absolute passion. Seriously freaking ugliest cards on the market.

I built a 4k gaming rig, and use it almost exclusively for Minecraft, Dota 2, and terraria. (builds $3,000 computer, plays games with 16bit graphics.)

I own every console from the last two generations. (ps4, xbone, ps3, xbox 360, wii, wii u, ps2, xbox)

I've been using a pair of $20 iems with a built in microphone for gaming over the last 2 months, even though I have a AKG 553, and an audio technica at2020 right next to my computer.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I "traded" with someone on the forums, and they never sent their end of the deal..
I took screen shots and everything, but I'm too beta to call them out on it.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Broke the plastic connector tab of a customers laptop display, so to fix it I hot glued the piece together. They wont notice so its cool 

Broke the plastic connector tab of a customers laptop display, so to fix it I hot glued the piece together. They wont notice so its cool

Lol

I bought....

I bought.......

And HP laptop.....

For $1000.....

Without reading reviews.....

Forgive me, for I have committed a most precious sin.

- snip-

I was cleaning the tim off of my friends cpu, and he bought a motherboard off of me. The isopropyl alcohol he let me use had one problem... Most of it was water and I spilled some on the traces on the motherboard... Thank god it was fine and I was finishing the build the next day so it could dry. That board wasn't powered for a couple months before he bought it either.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I use an xbox 360 controller while playing PC FPSs, along with every other genre except rts.

Also I can't type unless I'm looking at the keys

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'm using a dell keyboard and mouse. And a crt monitor. *gasp*

I also use a dell keyboard and mouse but didn't think that qualified as confession worthy, the crt I can see as note worthy

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I never cable managed my case. When I finished building it, I was tired and my joints ached (arthritis) so I thought "screw it" and left them all tangled at the bottom of my case. They're still like that.

Back when I had a terrible prebuilt rig, I thought that I could buy any processor and stick it in my case and have it go faster. I then thought I could take the CPU out of my sister's rig and use it in mine. I'm glad no one ever let me try it.

I let my mom take a vacuum cleaner to that same prebuilt once.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I always get confused between NZXT and NCIX

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

I spent $450 USD on a 15GB HDD.

(That was back 1995)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I am typing with a controller...

And im on console...

Cant wait for my first pc...

Edited by Made In Canada

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

I bought an Intel Graphics 4000 laptop, and tried to game on it. I still have this laptop.

Also, I give all my PCs human names.

The worst gamer, in the world

Still haven't got past the first world of Super Mario Galaxy 2