Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I used toenail clippers to cut a broken intel stock cooler off of my brand new motherboard. 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

After having the convenience of only having a gaming laptop and no desktop for over a year now, I honestly dont think ill ever bother to build another rig, gaming laptops nowadays are awesome and they are just getting better.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Tried to update my brothers laptop to windows 10. There was a problem during installation and it bricked the BIOS :/ 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I think Windows 8.1 is better than 7... when you install Classic Shell. I also liked Vista better than XP after SP1 fixed it. You know, if the hardware it was on was good enough.

I hate my laptop because the CPU is too powerful. MSI put a shit heatsink in there for thing (i7 4710HQ). Too damn hot (95c + under load) and loud (my B16 swapped Civic with A'Pexi WSII muffler idles quieter). And that's after changing the thermal paste (it was worse before). I'd rather have a U-series i5. Good thing I don't need a laptop anymore.

Lately, I game on consoles more than the PCs. That's cause I've mainly been playing JRPGs though. I just haven't been into shooters or race sims recently.

I still use Windows XP daily..... over the internet with no AV.

I don't ever back up my pc

I bought a Server mobo on ebay with intentions of making a storage server and still haven't figured how to get it to boot up.... 4 months later.

I never use anti static straps when in my pc while on carpet

I run my temporary server in a cardboard box with 2 small fans cooling it

I hoard pc parts like a mofo. No matter how old they are.... My plan is to eventually build a pc from every generation of parts (every 2 years for me) since 1995.

I still use a CRT monitor

One of my DVI monitors is running from hdmi to dvi

The other one is running dvi to dvi

and the third one was running  hdmi to dvi to vga

I use Origin and Uplay

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

On 7/31/2013 at 1:02 PM, bartekxx12 said:

:(:(:(

Yeah happens alot

On 7/22/2016 at 3:13 AM, Brian McKee said:

I game primarily with a controller. (On games that are not MOBAS)

Yeah same

Here's some.

I prefer OS X (I know it's MacOS now) over Windows.

I can't stand Windows 10 and actually highly preferred 8.1 to it.

I'm running an 860k with a GTX 780.

I would buy another 13 inch MacBook Pro if they released one with even a 960m.  I'd put Windows on boot camp in order to game on it.  (I prefer 13 inch laptops)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I played with my fan/fan controller way to much on my first build, and i fried the motherboard & processor.
RMA it and said it was faulty. :(

On 7/31/2013 at 9:55 AM, rustikles said:

Everyone has some dark secret about tech that you are just too embarrassed to talk about. Maybe you're still using a trackball mouse (gasp!), or maybe you still run Windows Vista!

Y59rfKc.jpg
If everybody can get these things off their chest here at once, we'll all feel better I'm sure ;)

------------

I'll start:  I really think that Ducky keyboards are pretty ugly.  :(

I regularly forget to plug in my PC and end up worrying about why it's not working.

• 1 month later...

I once spent three hours troubleshooting a modded Kerbal Space Program instillation because of low performance, only to realise I'd just left my laptop on power saving mode.

i have not only a hp microserver, and enough parts to build like a few NAS's, and fill them with HDD

yet just continue to getto mount new HDD's in my tower as I need more space, and more than often leave the old HDD once I copy whatever data onto the new higher capacity drive (there's 12 in there at the moment, only 8 hooked up)

i have my GTA5 locked at 30 and play it w/ a 360 pad ( yea throw rocks , but 70fps  dipping to high 30´s when heavy traffic happens is just annoying and also driving is much smoother on controller so shush) 

i also have used a Pentium 3 450mhz / ati rage 2 / 256mb sd ram 133  for almost 2 years after my C2D system exploded (it went chernobyll , cpu went poof) 

that was in 2008~ 2010 btw , and i used win xp , and opera as browser , it could not do youtube , but it could do games i liked and ran surprisingly well 

i also have an affection for beige cases (good old office bombers) and windows 2000 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I hate mechanical keyboards.

The sound they make on YouTube videos and streams is disgusting, the feel of the switches is mostly disgusting (I have only liked CherryMX clear switches, but try to get them)

I can't understand how someone wants to pay so much for ancient technology buttons and features where greatest is RGB lighting.

I loved my nearly 10 years served G15 keyboard (which still works, the backlighting is broken though) and I really love my G19 for which I paid 60€ brand new and I acctually use most of it's features (LCD screen shows all the time AIDA64 data, I have a lot of macros for all of my programs).

All my friends are like "Look! I got 150€ keyboard! It has RGB lighting and CherryMX switches!" and I'm silently like "Please, kill me..."

7 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

The sound they make on YouTube videos and streams is disgusting, the feel of the switches is mostly disgusting (I have only liked CherryMX clear switches, but try to get them)

I can't understand how someone wants to pay so much for ancient technology buttons and features where greatest is RGB lighting.

I loved my nearly 10 years served G15 keyboard (which still works, the backlighting is broken though) and I really love my G19 for which I paid 60€ brand new and I acctually use most of it's features (LCD screen shows all the time AIDA64 data, I have a lot of macros for all of my programs).

All my friends are like "Look! I got 150€ keyboard! It has RGB lighting and CherryMX switches!" and I'm silently like "Please, kill me..."

Pretty sure you just gave Luke some sort of aneurysm.  Also mechanical keyboards are much more durable.

22 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

I payed 70 CAD for a Kalih Blue and white backlit keyboard with a volume wheel. Thats 47 euros (Holy shit out dollar sucks).

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

28 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

i bought one to replace my old model M, because I used to type lots, like Mavis beacon would be proud type of typing and a membrane sucks to touch type on long term

I have white backlighting and honestly at the time, it was a total, "can I get one without", but I couldn't, and now I dont mind it at all, infact it's a nice touch late at night if im gaming 

I forgot the password to my laptop, my gaming rig is fake and I use an iPad 4. Only 13 though.

• 5 years later...

No one's confessing these days eh?

Looks like times've changed lol

I let my Win98 and XP workstations stay on my network. The thrill nourishes me.

I still play Delta Force Black Hawk Down : Team Saber, and I still have a server full of old guys like me. 
I just realized since it has a release date of 2003, the game might be older than many users on this forum.

That fact that I was 25 when I started playing it, I'm feeling really old now...

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case