Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I bought a 760 and then 3 weeks later I could ahve bought a 770 for the same price

That isnt a crime on your side, its an error of the side of nvidia. I got a shitty deal as well, brought a 7870 xt for £185, the fucking day it arrives I check the website again and the exact same card is on sale for £145. I could of saved £40 which I could have got a better case with.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I bought a 3770K and didn't overclock it.

I brought an i3 and overclocked it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Same here. $1200 and a WD Black...! :(

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

First pc upgrade I attempted to do, this was 2 years before I got intos pcs so back in 09 I brought a sound card as the sound had broke on the motherboard(at least that what i thought at the time). Long story short I rammed a pci-e card in the legacy slot and its still stuck there.

Listen if you care.

I will start first. I had a 1200 budget for my PC and................. I DID NOT BUY AN SSD...    Im such a disgrace.

Sorry. Tech People.

I bought a motherboard at Frys without researching it at all, and realized one day after I could return it that it didn't have SLI, and there was a mobo next to it for the same price that did have it.

I use a 1360x768 32" Tv as a monitor. Running off of HDMI with a DVI adapter. Please don't kill me :(

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I use a 1360x768 32" Tv as a monitor. Running off of HDMI with a DVI adapter. Please don't kill me :(

Thank you for making me feel better about my VGA

I honestly don't think VGA is that much of a mortal sin, but Linus and Slick have a real rage boner for it <-<

I swear I'll phase it out someday.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Thank you for making me feel better about my VGA

I honestly don't think VGA is that much of a mortal sin, but Linus and Slick have a real rage boner for it <-<

I swear I'll phase it out someday.

It's because you are losing video quality... For no reason whatsoever :P Just buy a 2$ dvi cable and be done with it. HDMI is still digital ;)

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I still have a 1440x900 18.5" TN panel that I only use for Counter Strike....

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

It's because you are losing video quality... For no reason whatsoever :P Just buy a 2$ dvi cable and be done with it. HDMI is still digital ;)

It's an analog monitor, why would I buy a DVI cable? It doesn't even work.

Besides, I'm hardly bleeding half of my pixel density over a 1.5m cable.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I had my best friend replace is Xbox HDD with an ssd a year ago because i thought it would "cache" games faster

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

I didn't do a out of the box test on my build as you are supposed to do before you put it in a case. But luckily it worked. :) 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm using HD 650's on a 3.5 jack right now...

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

I brought an i3 and overclocked it.

Not only did I not overclock it, I actually underclocked it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I built a high end pc and the cheap on a a radeon 6950 (but I have not regretts) 

I bought a 1200 doller  game laptop and  then built a computer a year later and sold it

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

So What do you recommend> 

Gigabyte, Msi for motherboards

Gigabyte, msi, sapphire, EVGA,and marginly Palit for gpus

for monitors its a free for all, its hard to recommend monitor without them being stupid prices, I do recommend asus for some monitor usage

Best colour depth: Dell ultrasharp, they are unparalleled by anyone, there is a massive reason why the editng market either usage a mac or a dell ultrasharp, surprising that linus didnt notice this, he could of saved money instead of buying that asus one.

Thin Bezel: Asus are far superior for this, they offer a great price with great picture with very thin bezel, the one down side is that they are grey/ silver at the bottem which doesnt suite everyone.

4k gaming: Asus has a great 4k monitor out and well i think they are the only ones doing it, anyways lets see what happens in the future, NEC makes some great monitors now as well.

Listen if you care.

I am not a criminal.  :ph34r:

how dare you, that is illegal

Listen if you care.

Not only did I not overclock it, I actually underclocked it.

My Xeon E3-1245v2 is down-clocked to 2.3GHz...

No under-volt though.

no ssds on a 1100 budget and when i updated my bios i forgot to overclock again and was running cpu on an h100i at stock for like 2 months before i realized it. i also thought sli would give double performance when i first built my pc. and this is the real kicker i still play xbox not as much in the past 2 years, but still atleast 4 hours a week. and i i like windows 8. and i just recently stopped using the Q connectors. im sorry forgot they were there

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

The only thing on my computer that probably isn't pirated is the hardware itself.

Other than that I bought a PS4 :ph34r: .

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.