Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I've cracked a case window, mashed in the front panel of said case and I used to pirate music over Utorrent until I got caught and sued for £300/$480 USD.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

I've cracked a case window, mashed in the front panel of said case and I used to pirate music over Utorrent until I got caught and sued for £300/$480 USD.

How did you get caught? You could have played the "My ISP uses dynamic IP addresses" card. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

How did you get caught? You could have played the "My ISP uses dynamic IP addresses" card. 

too late. I was 9 at the time so I couldn't have pulled that one either. I basically downloaded A song that was being tracked. Completely oblivios to that, I download it and hey presto, a mysterious letter comes in the letterbox the next day :/

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Here is another one that happened when I was 7:

We used to have dial-up, one day when my dad was at work, I connected to a NY server from southern California. One month later: $700 phone bill.

---after some convincing Verizon dropped the bill :P .

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Bough notebook with integrated GPU .. for GAMING!!!

It was few years ago.. back then I though i know a lot about computers.. now I realize how stupid I was. Fortunately I managed to sell it and get another one with proper graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

I run my i5-4670k and GTX770 at default settings, without even undervolting.

I work on low-voltage-devices without switching them off.

Reduce > Reuse > Recycle

Build-log (way out of date)

I run my i5-4670k and GTX770 at default settings, without even undervolting.

I work on low-voltage-devices without switching them off.

*cocks shotgun*

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I thought it would be fun at my first company to see if you could mount a swap file over NFS.

Yes; you can. It'll shred a network, but I can be done.

i use vga and i dont plan on upgrading anytime soon :(

also i have a gtx 760 and a fx-8350 andi run them defualt

No SSD D:

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

when i first got into pc's i thought a driver was a piece of hardware

My first desktop was prebuilt. The specs were well priced. The basic components sucked during my upgrade (were replaced) :(

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

my system is technically a dell prebuilt system, the only dell remaining part is the cpu now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I made a P4 cable extension with well... another P4 cable from a dead PSU. Matched the colors and put all together with duck tape. It has been working for 5 months already and cant find out why it did work.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

I have a 1440p monitor and an amd 7850.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

I have a 27" 1440p Asus PB278Q and I play games on a shitty LG 1080p 22" monitor with VGA (VGA/DVI adapter).

reason three: it's against the CoC.

I know this is an old post but why is it against CoC? Talking about piracy isn't against CoC unless you are discussing specifics (trade, sale, exchange or supply). The closest thing to breaking the rules is admitting to being involved in the "distribution of..." but no one here has admitted that. At most people said they were ashamed because they didn't seed (distribute) but that still isn't breaking CoC. 

Again I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but is it against CoC to talk about piracy? It doesn't say it is in the CoC. I just want to be clear on this because this isn't the first time I've seen people say "it's against CoC", when no specific rule has been broken.

Cheers

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

telling someone to buy lga 1155 for am3, to screw them.

I have a 27" 1440p Asus PB278Q and I play games on a shitty LG 1080p 22" monitor with VGA (VGA/DVI adapter).

I know this is an old post but why is it against CoC? Talking about piracy isn't against CoC unless you are discussing specifics (trade, sale, exchange or supply). The closest thing to breaking the rules is admitting to being involved in the "distribution of..." but no one here has admitted that. At most people said they were ashamed because they didn't seed (distribute) but that still isn't breaking CoC. 

Again I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but is it against CoC to talk about piracy? It doesn't say it is in the CoC. I just want to be clear on this because this isn't the first time I've seen people say "it's against CoC", when no specific rule has been broken.

Cheers

Coc? Clash of clans?

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Coc? Clash of clans?

Code of Conduct.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Coc? Clash of clans?

Code of conduct. lol. This is with regards to talking about piracy.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Code of conduct. lol. This is with regards to talking about piracy.

lol, It sounds funny if you say clash of clans.

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

H110, 3570k, Mpower and I still haven't overclocked 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Using an ROG mobo on a server

4930K with 650 Ti

1600x900 panel

12 GB of ram on x79

Using better audio solution on Rampage IV Gene on bad speakers integrated on screen while using good speakers on lousy onboard audio.

Uses CAT5e instead of CAT6 for a very long ethernet cable

Running 2 sticks of 2133MHz CL9 in 1066 MHz

Wow, thanks for that... Didn't know this.

I have seen the truth, seriously anyone who reads this watch the video and you will think very differently about Amd

Wow! That was a very informative video, I recommend everyone watch it!

Luckily my iPad does not autoplay...Thus I am not rick rolled...

I have a $1200 build planned, with no SSD.

And I kinda-sorta want an iPhone.

Sorry.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)