Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

mind confessing to us -why not :)

i heard about mobos being faulty... but to just "not recommend" any of their products is a bit far fetched, even if you had bad experience with it. 

I personally dont like them because I don't think hardly any of their products are a good value. ROG boards are massively overpriced and packed with features nobody will ever use, Sabertooth have that gimmicky armor (but I must admit it looks awesome), their DCUII cooler runs hotter and louder than MSI's and Gigabyte's cooler, all sound cards on the market are jokes (not just xonar I mean), and their monitors are meh.

They have their foot in practically every market but they are not really the best at any of it. Yet people think they are for some reason. All of this is my opinion so don't flame me :P\

Edit: Wow I did not see what post was from a month ago xD

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

As for me I bought a case without air filters and with hardly any cable management option... and a non modular PSU, also a locked processor. However I was pushed to the absolute limit on my budget so I could not have afforded the last two.

I forgot to mention something, some prick said i was a sell out and a pathetic low life and he needed his power supply replaced. I charged him£100 to change his cx430 for a 800w cit power supply. I hope it blows his computer up.

so im not the only one doig this

I personally dont like them because I don't think hardly any of their products are a good value. ROG boards are massively overpriced and packed with features nobody will ever use, Sabertooth have that gimmicky armor (but I must admit it looks awesome), their DCUII cooler runs hotter and louder than MSI's and Gigabyte's cooler, all sound cards on the market are jokes (not just xonar I mean), and their monitors are meh.

They have their foot in practically every market but they are not really the best at any of it. Yet people think they are for some reason. All of this is my opinion so don't flame me :P\

Edit: Wow I did not see what post was from a month ago xD

I will say that I've at least never had manufacturing problems with their stuff personally, including 2 laptops and a nexus 7 which have been serving for quite a while now.

But yeah ROG is way overpriced for the cool factor x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

1. I soft-modded a Radeon HD 4850 to a Firepro v8700

2. I soft-modded a Radeon HD 4850x2 to a Firepro V8750 in Crossfire

2.1. I bricked the Radeon 4850x2 by aftermarkedcooling with 2 x Zalman Fatal1ty FC-ZV9

3. I bought an Apple Mac mini for my TV to do nothing but moviestreaming and used it only 6 times

4. I have chosen the magic trackpad instead of the magic mouse

I`m so sorry, please forgive me!

I will start first. I had a 1200 budget for my PC and................. I DID NOT BUY AN SSD...    Im such a disgrace.

Sorry. Tech People.

I cheeped out, and paid $200 for my GPU and PSU, >_< I know I should have waited till I got more cash for a better graphics card (But this was my first gaming pc) and I was super hyped about building it. Because I've been wanting to build my "First" gaming pc. Which in the next few months I plan on upgrading my GTX 650 Ti 1GB to a GTX 780Ti 3GB :D 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I brought a i5 3470 and a cheapo Gigabyte z77 motherboard... I am not a smart man.  

I cheeped out, and paid $200 for my GPU and PSU, >_< I know I should have waited till I got more cash for a better graphics card (But this was my first gaming pc) and I was super hyped about building it. Because I've been wanting to build my "First" gaming pc. Which in the next few months I plan on upgrading my GTX 650 Ti 1GB to a GTX 780Ti 3GB :D

You have the money to buy a 780ti and you couldn't wait for better the first time O.o

You have the money to buy a 780ti and you couldn't wait for better the first time O.o

Well now, but I didn't have a job at the time (because I was finishing school) >_<

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

my only monitor is a 39" tv. why did i think this was a good idea

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

my only monitor is a 39" tv. why did i think this was a good idea

Cinematic gaming :D Now you can lay in bed and play it from 100 feet away :D

I wasted money on RAM that was capable of speeds the board can't handle. Took me too long to realise too.

I did the same  :(

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I HATE APPLE BUT I OWN 3 IPODS AND AND APPLE AIR..L

OUCH! THIS REALLY HURTS!

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I HATE APPLE BUT I OWN 3 IPODS AND AND APPLE AIR..L

I personally don't see anything wrong with that. >_> it just shows you're an apple fan. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I deleted half my fonts for my windows pc thinking they were language packs  :(

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

I'm currently using a case with no cable management holes, which is a system I built last month, with a non modular power supply AND a window...... I think I can kill myself now

Also I'm using a VGA monitor......... FOR NOW!

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

While using a flat head screw driver to try and pop open the retainer on a PCI Express slot, I snapped off a surface-mounted chip on my BFG 6800 GT OC. I still have the card, and it still worked after that. I'm sorry! It was an amazing card for when I had it. I bought it in 2007 used from someone at a LAN party, boy what a difference it made at the LAN. It replaced a shitty Radeon 9550.

I'll edit this post with some pictures when I grab em from phone.

Images are click-through to full res. See if you can spot the missing chip in the last photo :P

20131113_153044.jpg 20131113_153109.jpg 20131113_153122.jpg

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I bought a non k 3770 D:

I bought a 3770K and didn't overclock it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

While using a flat head screw driver to try and pop open the retainer on a PCI Express slot, I snapped off a surface-mounted chip on my BFG 6800 GT OC. I still have the card, and it still worked after that. I'm sorry! It was an amazing card for when I had it. I bought it in 2007 used from someone at a LAN party, boy what a difference it made at the LAN. It replaced a shitty Radeon 9550.

I'll edit this post with some pictures when I grab em from phone.

Images are click-through to full res. See if you can spot the missing chip in the last photo :P

20131113_153044.jpg 20131113_153109.jpg 20131113_153122.jpg

Might want to visit the "Can I wash my video card" thread. :blink:

:D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Might want to visit the "Can I wash my video card" thread. :blink:

:D

Haha. It's been sitting on a shelf for years, and this house is terrible with dust. If I ever decide to built a retro gaming rig with Windows 98 on it, I'll be sure to give this badass card a bath lol.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I bought a 760 and then 3 weeks later I could ahve bought a 770 for the same price

Compatible with Windows 95