Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

6. I use an SSD and can't tell the difference between the computer running it and the one running a 5400RPM HDD. Sorry. 

You're joking, right?

"It's like all common sense just goes out of the window when a computer is involved."

A bench case (whatever they are called) is still a case to me. No, It is just assembled on the bookcase next to the desk. Airflow is actually worse as the only 2 fans are on the GPU and CPU. VRMs get hot, as does the chipset. But I don't care, cases are expensive. 

Tbh it looks cool when its all barebones, with a case it looks too....too...."safe". I dunno how to describe it lol

my 4p machine is completely naked.. not even on a test bench, just sitting there on the shelf, it's just alot easier to manage airflow and whatnot, that shouldn't be needed for a normal system though, just get a csae that looks nice, have a clean system with everything in one place so that you don't have cables and shit everywhere, and btw i use a screw driver to turn on the system because i don't even have a power button..

NICE

post pics please!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This could be fun, so why not? 

1. I run my computer completely caseless, and I am probably going to change the plans to fix that.  Sorry. 

2. My opinion is that windows 8 does not work, as much as I would like it to. Not sorry. (I gave it plenty of chances on several machines. It is not ready.)

3. I still use windows 98SE and 2000 pro on a daily basis. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not sorry. 

4. I don't like Android. It pisses me off. Sorry. 

5. I do not use an antivirus. It is easier to just not do anything personal on the computer than it is to worry with taking time to scan. Sorry.  

6. I use an SSD and can't tell the difference between the computer running it and the one running a 5400RPM HDD. Sorry. 

7. I would not recommend an SSD unless you had $100+ left and nothing else to upgrade at all. Sorry. 

8. I use a reference GTX480, and am thinking about getting another for SLI. Sorry. 

9. I prefer gaming on MX Blues. NOt really sorry. 

10. I bought a new router because I could not remember the password to turn the wireless back on. I'd be sorry if it wasn't my money. 

11. I prefer windows Vista to XP or 7. Honestly had fewer issues with it, and started using it on release day. :( Sorry. 

1. I actually have wanted to do that, I mean you spend all that money on those components and they end up stashed in a case under your desk.

2. Yea, change, it takes time.

3. Works, keep at it.

4. What!

5. Same here, how hard is it to not click those pesky rouge links?

6. You need to be in a hurry one of these days, you'll learn the difference.

7. I see your point.

8. It works.

9. Works

10. You know there's a reset switch that clears your settings and goes to default.

11. Its still supported so why not.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Tbh it looks cool when its all barebones, with a case it looks too....too...."safe". I dunno how to describe it lol

NICE

post pics please!

it's right below  in my sig :P

You're joking, right?

No I am not joking. I have gave it well over a year to make a difference with multiple installs of Linux, Unix, and Windows across multiple machines (2 different motherboards, and several different laptops). It has never performed all that well compared to a good hard drive. Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. They do the same thing and take $100 that could make the difference between getting a 280x and a 290. Does not matter what you are doing, you are going to need the mass storage, so get a 1TB HDD and the 290. The computer will perform better than droping the card to get the SSD. Sorry, if I saw a major difference, I still would not suggest it. (This is on a Samsung 830), 

NICE

post pics please!

I guess that depends on what you consider cool. I just don't see the point in a case. It does only one thing, and that is gather dust. 

1. I actually have wanted to do that, I mean you spend all that money on those components and they end up stashed in a case under your desk.

2. Yea, change, it takes time.

3. Works, keep at it.

4. What!

5. Same here, how hard is it to not click those pesky rouge links?

6. You need to be in a hurry one of these days, you'll learn the difference.

7. I see your point.

8. It works.

9. Works

10. You know there's a reset switch that clears your settings and goes to default.

11. Its still supported so why not.

To be completely honest, It started in a Cooler Master 912, but after the first upgrade (2600k) it became way too obvious that the case was not built well. So I stuck it on the book case and went from there. As long as they do what they are designed to do, I don't mind not seeing a computer. Its not that. Just when the case is popping rivets when your trying to install HDDs or Heatsinks, etc, then it is a danger.

It is not so much a change. I don't care about the interface, I was fine with DOS. (oh the days. lol.). The issue is between drivers and the mouse.  Having used it on several laptops (HP DM3, Acer 5552, Dell D630, and Lenovo T61p) having 4 completely different wireless chips, the sleep function has been broken. It will go to sleep as it should, but upon wake up it has to be restarted to get any internet (across the Broadcom/Intel ethernet and the wireless card)  access. Thus making it better to just shutdown instead of putting it into sleep. The mouse issue has to do with it deciding upon wake that it has no mouse. Which is not that bad, as the internet is gone, and thus restart is necessary anyway.  Honestly, I will reinstall it in a month or 2 and see if it has gotten better. (The drivers have been ruled out. Using the correct INtel/Broadcom driver and the autodetected windows drivers do not make a difference.) (could be my install disk, but it is a little risky trying to get a new disk out there).  

Exactly. I don't see why I should stop using it if it still works. 

(this is the android one yes?) I just do not like the os. The phone works, and I just don't like it. The main turn off is that things don't just work with it. Getting music to play is a matter of installing an app. Getting a game to work means reinstalling it and finally turning it to airplane mode, then it will play. Getting text to work took another app.  This is all on a Galaxy S2 by Tmobile if it matters. Blackberry (bold, don't remember the exact model) and iOS (iPhone 3g) just worked and did not need other apps to get things done (that is the tuner and metronome apps are the same app, so not counting them). It is a opinion. I get a lot of people like Android. It does not matter that I have not had a great experience. Will I try another android device one day, yes. Why? They are cheap. I don't see the point of paying $300 just to get a more enjoyable OS. 

Exactly. It is not difficult to not get maleware. Really is as simple as knowing there are no subsarahan afrikans giving away money, no Men or Women are going to find you without you advertising yourself, and no one wins money without entering the contest. Simple things that idiots click and make a need for Nortans, Avast, ect to exist. (probably torrents too, but no experience with security there). 

If I am in a hurry, I ain't on the computer. A calculator is always going to be faster than booting up and starting an app. Otherwise, if you are saying that the speed is there and unseen, I may agree with you. Either way, it was a perfect waste of $120 (iirc), as it was supposed to me this world changing difference. I did not feel it then, and I do not see it now. If I run something like ASSSD I can see it is over 2x faster than the HDD, but that does not make the computer feel faster. 

Yep. It is not going to give you more FPS. It is not going to connect you to the internet. It is not going to make the system run (PS reference). It may lower the power bill, but it is going to take several years to notice the difference (assuming something like 1W vs 10W. So 100 vs1000 hours of use per kilowatt (.001kWh vs .01kWh here that is less than a dime difference). 

It works well. Unless you were talking about the SLI idea, in which case, it is $150 (at last look) versus $400, so the upgrade is less expensive. I can almost max every game I have, so 60FPS vs 120FPS on a 60Hz monitor is not going to be notices. (Mainly worried about Ghost (I like the single player of COD) and BF4 (also single player. I have Combat Arms for multiplayer) and they should both support the SLI  profiles. 

(skipped) 

If there is a switch I have not found it. Century Link said on the phone at the time that there was no reset and they would have to send a technician to the house to fix it. It was easier to buy a new router at the Kmart than to wait on them. (I am not saying there is no switch, just I could not find it). 

I am not running it at this time. I pulled it from the desktop to use on the laptop (it is a full version, not OEM), but the laptop would not install (or windows 7. 2000/XP and 8 would though), so at this point it is not being used. Liking it and running it are different. I will probably reinstall in a couple days though. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I hate mechanical keyboard. My membrane keyboard is great.

My headset doesn't plug into an audiojack; it's wireless.

My mouse is wireless.

I don't use the keyboard and mouse for gaming; I use a wireless controller.

My 3770K is clocked to 4.2GHz... with a stock fan.

I dislike both, but I dislike Origin a bit less than Steam. Overall, I wish I can just run games without those 2 stupid clients. Also, I think Valve is very overrated and the extreme hate and worship towards EA and Valve respectively by the gaming community is stupid.

I hate mechanical keyboard. My membrane keyboard is great.

My headset doesn't plug into an audiojack; it's wireless.

My mouse is wireless.

I don't use the keyboard and mouse for gaming; I use a wireless controller.

My 3770K is clocked to 4.2GHz... with a stock fan.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

1312074418260%20(1).png

hue hue hue

:D

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Oh god I've pirated so much stuff.

- Win 7 (TWICE)

- NFS (U2, Mostwanted, Carbon, Undercover, Shift, Shift 2)

- CoD 4, 5, Black Ops, Black Ops 2

- Gmod (For a while)
 - SR2 and 3 (For a while)

- Skyrim (Til it was on sale last week)

- GTA IV (For a while)

- Adobe Photoshop CS 5.5

- Adobe Flash CS 5.5

- Adobe Illustrator CS 5.5

- TV shows (Doctor Who, Chuck, Fresh Prince, CSI, Law and Order SVU)

- Music (Who hasn't)

- Movies (Inception, Dark Knight Tril, Avengers, Fast & Furious movies, Iron Man Tril, Green Lantern, Green Hornet, Spongebob movie, Harry Potter Movies, Transformers Tril, All dem Christmas movies for when we all gather round the couch <3)

- Sony Vegas Pro 10, 11, 12

- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access.

- Fraps

- Dxtory

- After Effects (Not sure which version)

- Xsplit (Switched to OBS)

That's all I can remember.

i think ive stated it multiple times on the thread now, go back a few pages.

yeah I noticed that this thread had many many pages after I posted because I,m on mobile an didn't really see the number of pages hehehe :P

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Selling my GTX 590 and buying a gt 620 and paying my phone bill.

i haven't installed sp1 yet.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I've got another I'm running a brown ASUS motherboard and a blue Gigabyte motherboard with those baby blue pci-e and sata connectors

it's right below  in my sig :P

oh..damn im blind :P. anyway. THAT.LOOKS.BEAST! sooo awesome nice job you did there!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I bought a Diablotek PSU! Oh the SHAME!!!!!!

I AM SO SORRY. OH NOOOOOO.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You're joking, right?

Yeah, really. This.

I don't believe it at all. Opening Photoshop CS6 on a  standard 7200rpm HDD is god awful slow..a 5400rpm HDD would be even more unbearable slow. An SSD launches PS CS6 in ~2 seconds. There is no way one can own an SSD and not tell a speed difference.

So much stuff to say for my current build.

Got a 3570K when the 4670K was out for the same price (including mobo)
Bought a non-modular power supply because it can glow blue.

Using a 21 inch 1080P TN Panel monitor with VGA only as my primary monitor, and a Dell Ultrasharp 1280x1024 monitor as my secondary.

I use the stock Intel CPU Cooler.

I don't use a mouse mat.

I bought a reference GTX 770 with one fan because it looked a little bit like the awesome reference Titan/780 reference design (http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/187875/evga_geforce_gtx_770_4gb.jpg) is my card, except it's only 2GB.

INB4 I get banned

My PC (codenamed Genesis) - Corsair Air 540, i5 4690k, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1600MHz, 240GB Samsung 840 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler (not in case), EVGA SuperNova G2 750W PSU, Asus ROG Swift PG2789Q monitor, Logitech G502 mouse, and Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard (brown switches)

i let my processor to run a 120dig celcius and have been letting it run at that temp for an year now, no problems yet

i let my processor to run a 120dig celcius and have been letting it run at that temp for an year now, no problems yet

your sensor is a faulty one or you are using a broken program.

Running my PC for nearly a year with only a fan on the CPU cooler, placed on a carpet.

Just bought some cheap fans

Two faulty amd asus boards so far, one doa. 4 asus intel boards including a sabertooth died. Also one gt 640 and one 7750 broke due to overheating as the heatsinks were not on proper 

Another example of the small percent of DOAs and parts mishaps all falling on one person.

Another example of the small percent of DOAs and parts mishaps all falling on one person.

it pisses me of that they landed on me, i dunno if its bad luck but ill just play it safe and not get asus stuff for a while. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1