PC gets the short end of the stick... again

Bloodyvalley
Star Wars: Battlefront will support couch cooperative play on Xbox One and PS4 but not on PC, a new FAQ notes. This applies to the Missions mode, which is the game's non-competitive component playable both offline or online with friends. No reason is given for the lack of support on PC, though Battlefront community manager Mathew Everett did provide some other details on the game.

In the Walker Assault mode, vehicles will be accessible via collectibles scattered throughout the maps: activate them and you'll automatically spawn inside. Meanwhile, Y-wings will not be playable, while Missions will not contribute to your multiplayer progression, though credit rewards can be obtained.

Lack of splitscreen on PC is a bummer, though. Remember when Resident Evil: Revelations 2 tried to pull that? I've reached out to an EA rep for some more details on the omission.

Wow. This is why, EA, you're not getting my money, except for Mirror's Edge, unless you manage to screw that one up too.

Source

What do you guys think of this?

Don't make this happen again guys

EDIT: This might not be relevant for most PC players, but some people including myself like to invite a friend over sometimes. Splitscreen for me is very important. The only good splitscreen my friend and I have access to are Serious Sam 3, Portal 2 (when it fucking works) and Trine 2. I feel like this feature gets left out on PC.

How arrogant some people in the PC community, they don't use splitscreen so they don't care about us that do use it. My nieces love to play with me every time they come visit me. If you don't use it at least be supportive to your fellow PC brothers, PC is a big community with different tastes, we have to stay together.

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

EDIT 2: For the people who don't know how useful splitscreen can be (probably cause they have no friends IRL)

It's because kb/m destroys controller. Fact. 

I'm an average/good kb/m player. I'm amazing at controller. I can barely hold my own with a controller on PC vs average players with KB/m. 

I misread as crossplay 

Fact is there's no real split screen games for PC, and those that are are done by mods. Borderlands works great on 2 screens. 

Anyway it seems like it will support online co op anyway, idk what the fuss is about. 

this is normal 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So splitscreen?

Most people don't have large enough monitors or the amount of control inputs to make it viable.

Would be nice too see though.

Too bad.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why does offline coop automatically mean split screen??

What happened to LAN multiplayer??

I'm an average/good kb/m player. I'm amazing at controller. I can barely hold my own with a controller on PC vs average players with KB/m. 

Obviously. But with splitscreen, you have the choice. For example, on Serious Sam 3, one can use a controller while the other (usually me) uses a keyboard. You can also make it so that both use a keyboard or controller.

Fact is: splitscreen gets left out on PC. With the popularization of 4K monitors, we need to push developers, as consumers, to implement splitscreen in their games.

You need to own multiple copies of the same game to play LAN multiplayer. Are you seriously going to dish out $60 for your friend who comes once every few months?

because the most requested feature on PC is split screen for Offline Co-Op game.

Obviously. But with splitscreen, you have the choice. For example, on Serious Sam 3, one can use a controller while the other (usually me) uses a keyboard. You can also make it so that both use a keyboard or controller.

Fact is: splitscreen gets left out on PC. With the popularization of 4K monitors, we need to push developers, as consumers, to implement splitscreen in their games.

I misread as cross-play

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I misread as crossplay 

Fact is there's no real split screen games for PC, and those that are are done by mods. Borderlands works great on 2 screens. 

Anyway it seems like it will support online co op anyway, idk what the fuss is about. 

this is normal 

The feature is already implemented on console, all you have to do is port the damn thing to PC. 

And as I said, online co-op and local co-op are two completely different things. Besides, for online co-op, you need multiple copies of the game, as I mentioned previously!

The feature is already implemented on console, all you have to do is port the damn thing to PC. 

And as I said, online co-op and local co-op are two completely different things. Besides, for online co-op, you need multiple copies of the game, as I mentioned previously!

Porting splitscrren is terrible. 

This is PC. We can use two screens. 

muh specs 

All parts black

You need to own multiple copies of the same game to play LAN multiplayer. Are you seriously going to dish out $60 for your friend who comes once every few months?

Didn't think about that... but there could be some way to work around that... i.e. guest account for the game...

like what Blizzard did for Starcraft II...

because the most requested feature on PC is split screen for Offline Co-Op game.

whut?

Porting splitscrren is terrible. 

This is PC. We can use two screens. 

I don't think you understand. To do that, you need two copies of the game!

You can use local co-op across two screens. For example, I was playing Trine 2 with my friend on two screens, so you could see even more terrain. It wasn't too pretty because the screens were different, but hell, it did the job.

Didn't think about that... but there could be some way to work around that... i.e. guest account for the game...

like what Blizzard did for Starcraft II...

whut?

damn my langauge is so bad right now.

meh. Its LAN party or go home.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

And? If your friend is going to play Battlefront regularly they're going to have their own damn copy. This isn't an issue.

You can use local co-op across two screens. For example, I was playing Trine 2 with my friend on two screens, so you could see even more terrain. It wasn't too pretty because the screens were different, but hell, it did the job.

no....no you don't. 

I'm talking about the developer supporting multi-screen split screen. It's very easy, and you don't need 2 copies of the game. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Most people don't have large enough monitors

What a non-argument, truckloads of people have had HTPCs hooked up to TVs for ages, and with the Steambox push that number isn't exactly going down.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

damnit. I was really looking forward to playing this with my gf. Fucking shit ea.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

And? If your friend is going to play Battlefront regularly they're going to have their own damn copy. This isn't an issue.

meh. Its LAN party or go home.

My girlfriend (an xbox 360 user) isn't going to buy a damn copy of Battlefront for PC so she can play with me when she's over. Not everyone is a PC elitist.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

This is ancient news!

This was an answer from a dice DecDev

- ̗̀ tasty jerk ̖́- @mojavechill

@EAStarWars @dicefigge @dice_FireWall @EA_DICE

Why no splitscreen for PC?? :( We really want it!! A lot of people use TVs and big monitors!!

Dennis Brännvall @dice_FireWall@mojavechill

are there a lot of blockbuster shooters that support splitscreen online for PC?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

split screen would be nice but then again I want all 3 monitors for me  MINE MINE MINE not sharing  :P

This is ancient news!

This was an answer from a dice DecDev

- ̗̀ tasty jerk ̖́- @mojavechill

@EAStarWars @dicefigge @dice_FireWall @EA_DICE

Why no splitscreen for PC?? :( We really want it!! A lot of people use TVs and big monitors!!

Dennis Brännvall @dice_FireWall@mojavechill

are there a lot of blockbuster shooters that support splitscreen online for PC?

Lol although I don't mind the lack of split screen multiplayer. That is one shitty answer.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

My girlfriend (an xbox 360 user) isn't going to buy a damn copy of Battlefront for PC so she can play with me when she's over. Not everyone is a PC elitist.

Still doesn't create a problem, play on the 360. When's the last time a serious game was on PC that had these abilities? Honestly this is just everyone whining over something that hasn't been a thing for a very long time.