Asus R9 Fury Strix

NumLock21

2ex5569.png

When AMD revealed its line of Fury GPUs, not to long ago, CEO, Dr. Lisa Su meantioned there will be 3 Fury cards, Fury X, Fury, and Fury Nano. Today Asus has revealed the 2nd card in the Fury family line up, Based on the Fiji Pro, Asus R9 Fury Strix, will have, 56 compute units, 3584 stream processors, 64 Raster operation units, and 224 texture mapping units. Similar to the Fury X, it will also have 4GB of HBM memory, with a 4096 bit bus, giving out a total bandwidth of up to 512GB/s. Asus R9 Fury Strix will be using Asus newest DirectCU III cooling. The card requires dual 6+2 pins, and on the video outputs, it will have a single DVI, single HDMI, and triple Display Ports. German computer site Computer-PC-Shop had it on their site, but it was quickly taken down, but it wasn't fast enough before someone took a screenshot of it.

Sources:

http://wccftech.com/asus-strix-radeon-r9-fury-graphics-card-pictured-3584-sps-directcu-iii-triple-fan-cooler/

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-preps-radeon-r9-fury-strix-with-directcu-iii-cooler.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ugly Triple Strix design again...

I liked DCUII and Strix on the 980/ 970 :(

Assuming no VAT taxes and stuff, a direct conversion to USD puts it at nearly 700$... Excited to see how this performs...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Assuming no VAT taxes and stuff, a direct conversion to USD puts it at nearly 700$... Excited to see how this performs...

Gigabyte wanna be

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

It looks exactly like we all thought it would. Hopefully MSI will update Afterburner with Fiji voltage control soon. at $550, this card could be a beast.

I think the Strix stuff in general is stupid. The DCU II brand was much better IMO

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Strix (pl. striges or strixes), in the Ancient Roman and Greek legends was a bird of ill omen, product of metamorphosis, that fed on human flesh and blood.

They are birds with long golden beaks that they use to suck the blood of infants, their favorite victims.

confirmed. Asus eats babies.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I miss the owl head design of the older Strix cards, but it doesn't look bad.

Man I hope XFX comes to save the day with a two-fan version, both Sapphire and ASUS have too long coolers. I want to use my HDD cages.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why couldn't Asus make a custom air cooler matching the PCB form factor of the Fury?

That extraneous space makes no sense, much like the 750 Ti FTW, and does not really give the card any sort of cooling advantage.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I think the Strix stuff in general is stupid. The DCU II brand was much better IMO

Not so much for AMD cards though. DirectCU II R9 290!... ouch!

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Why couldn't Asus make a custom air cooler matching the PCB form factor of the Fury?

That extraneous space makes no sense, much like the 750 Ti FTW, and does not really give the card any sort of cooling advantage.

Most likely it will need good air cooling. The Fury is probably going to suck down a lot of power and that directly translates into higher heat output.

This is the second "WTF year is this how fucking massive can coolers get" Fury cooler I've seen. I'm starting to get concerned about how thermals will work on these, perhaps the Fury X has a water cooler because it absolutely needed it, not good.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is the second "WTF year is this how fucking massive can coolers get" Fury cooler I've seen. I'm starting to get concerned about how thermals will work on these, perhaps the Fury X has a water cooler because it absolutely needed it, not good.

Well there is no way AMD would spend thousands (tens of thousands?) of dollars developing a AIO with Cooler Master if they didn't feel it was necessary. Still the Tri-X and Strix are higher end versions of the card so maybe we'll see some cheaper versions with less insanely big coolers?

The Asus one looks pretty bad ass, as for the XFX one I can say I have seen better. I'm excited to see how it performs to see whether upgrading to a Fury X would be worth it.

stop derailing this thread with off-topic chatter.. this is about the R9 Fury (Non-X) Strix

I have been noticing a trend with this section lately. People who are early to a thread will post about anything random just to get likes and ultimately derailing the thread because they wanted to try to be funny or stand out or something. It really does effect the entirety of the thread because in a lot of these news posts the second page is just full of people trying to argue with each other or talking about something completely off topic (for example people talking about Nvidia Hairworks in a thread about the new AMD GPU lineup).

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Assuming the heat pipes are up to it, you can probably get more heat out of the card with the third fan blowing air straight up through the end section of the heatsink. ...although I kinda question the design with the fins going front-to-back instead of side-to-side on this tier of card. O.o

Man asus, please don't fuck this one up

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I think that's why they've done this with the 980 ti and Fury, basically took a matrix and rebranded it into a strix, to give their strix cards a better rep.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I miss the owl head design of the older Strix cards, but it doesn't look bad.

The owl design looks like a cheap Fisher-Price toy.

content-1.png

Just look at how filmsy and stupid it looks. It's like they cut corners (no pun intended) with the fan shroud to save cost because a circular design would require more plastic and production process (vs an Octagon shape).

2451982-b.jpg

Now that's a good looking cooler. Beauty in simplicity.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Just look at how filmsy and stupid it looks. It's like they cut corners (no pun intended) with the fan shroud to save cost because a circular design would require more plastic and production process (vs an Octagon shape).

I'm normally a big fan of simple and minimal designs but I don't know the owl cooler is just the right kind of crazy to get my attention. I'm still not sure why ASUS picked a mechanical owl as a mascot.

To me the ACX cooler doesn't look simple, it looks plain and generic. I had one on a 780 Classified I had before and it never worked for me. I'm getting sick of seeing it but I like Nvidia's stock cooler It flows well and doesn't look flat or cheap. As far as coolers on GPUs goes though I vastly prefer the look of a good waterblock over anything any AIB comes up with.

I don't care about looks. Only performance and the DVI. My korean monitor will be so happy. if the performance is great then good. This card in my eyes just because of the DVI port is already better than fury x

I wonder if it has a huge over hang like the sapphire card

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

I'm normally a big fan of simple and minimal designs but I don't know the owl cooler is just the right kind of crazy to get my attention. I'm still not sure why ASUS picked a mechanical owl as a mascot.

To me the ACX cooler doesn't look simple, it looks plain and generic. I had one on a 780 Classified I had before and it never worked for me. I'm getting sick of seeing it but I like Nvidia's stock cooler It flows well and doesn't look flat or cheap. As far as coolers on GPUs goes though I vastly prefer the look of a good waterblock over anything any AIB comes up with.

I respect your opinion. I do like Nvidia reference cards too.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Gigabyte wanna be

well gigabyte is moving to 2 fans with the r9 300. so they switched up?

content-1.png

2451982-b.jpg

But thats your opinion. and evga is nvidia only. I much prefer the asus design because of better build quality and better pcb design

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614