BentoChip makes FAT PS3 able to play WII U games!

AC-3

Hm, I dunno, I have my doubts about this... There's a few things that could make this video a fake:

1) Nintendo uses a proprietary disc format that only their consoles can use, therefore, the PS3 wouldn't be able to read a WiiU game.

2) The Cell processor in the PS3 is very powerful, so I don't doubt that (powerwise) the PS3 could run WiiU games, but there's the issue of RAM. The PS3 only has 256MB of system RAM and another 256MB for video RAM. The WiiU has 2GB of RAM. I'm sure a game like Smash would use most, if not all, of the RAM in the WiiU. 

3) Going back to the Cell processor, do you even know how difficult it is to code for that thing? Some software fiddling would definitely be in place for it to run a game that was made for a completely different CPU architecture. 

4) What about drivers? Even if this could work, it wouldn't be as simple as plug 'n play. There would have to be some sort of software fiddling to get Smash Bros. (for example, since it was used in the video) to recognize and accept inputs from a PS3 controller. 

5) Going back to drivers, there's also the issue that the PS3 uses an NVIDIA based GPU whereas the WiiU uses an AMD based GPU. Again, software fiddling would be required. 

I could probably come up with more stuff if I thought about it more, but this video is plagued with flaws that are not explained.

Not only that but one would need encryption keys to the wiiu to get the game to load.

HTID

The PS3 launched in the same year as the original Wii (at least in Japan). How can it have the OS of a device that launched 6 years after it?

That's an absurd claim.

Yeah that probably wont be good. emulators are normally a bit crap

Dolphin  worked better then the Wii ;) You could play Wii games in full HD.

The PS3 launched in the same year as the original Wii (at least in Japan). How can it have the OS of a device that launched 6 years after it?

That's an absurd claim.

Windows vista, windows 7.

Hm, I dunno, I have my doubts about this... There's a few things that could make this video a fake:

1) Nintendo uses a proprietary disc format that only their consoles can use, therefore, the PS3 wouldn't be able to read a WiiU game.

2) The Cell processor in the PS3 is very powerful, so I don't doubt that (powerwise) the PS3 could run WiiU games, but there's the issue of RAM. The PS3 only has 256MB of system RAM and another 256MB for video RAM. The WiiU has 2GB of RAM. I'm sure a game like Smash would use most, if not all, of the RAM in the WiiU. 

3) Going back to the Cell processor, do you even know how difficult it is to code for that thing? Some software fiddling would definitely be in place for it to run a game that was made for a completely different CPU architecture. 

4) What about drivers? Even if this could work, it wouldn't be as simple as plug 'n play. There would have to be some sort of software fiddling to get Smash Bros. (for example, since it was used in the video) to recognize and accept inputs from a PS3 controller. 

5) Going back to drivers, there's also the issue that the PS3 uses an NVIDIA based GPU whereas the WiiU uses an AMD based GPU. Again, software fiddling would be required. 

I could probably come up with more stuff if I thought about it more, but this video is plagued with flaws that are not explained.

I'm pretty certain its fake. But it's a pretty well done fake (Given I only speak English so with the exceptions to names I have no idea what he is saying)

However The WiiU uses a modified BluRay format If I had to guess it is some kind of DRM. In which case it is quite possible that a regular BluRray drive (with a chip of some kind) could read the media.

As for Cell performance with some time and effort The Cell is probably more than capable.... But I agree with you. Memory would be a huge issue.

Your other points I completely agree with.

I would be impressed if this were real. But I think that he burn't the launch video of smash bro's to a BluRay (So the icon looked like the game icon) Kept really old system software on the PS3 so the movie appeared under the game tab. Then pulled the PS3 apart for affect. 

He talks a bit about pins on the PCB and the "Bento" chip. But you don't see him actually do anything (and potentially ruin his PS3) Then it cuts to him putting a disc in.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I call b.s.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

There are so many things about this which don't make any sense. The theory in the OP is even more ridiculous. There's really just no way.

I'm pretty certain its fake. But it's a pretty well done fake (Given I only speak English so with the exceptions to names I have no idea what he is saying)

However The WiiU uses a modified BluRay format If I had to guess it is some kind of DRM. In which case it is quite possible that a regular BluRray drive (with a chip of some kind) could read the media.

As for Cell performance with some time and effort The Cell is probably more than capable.... But I agree with you. Memory would be a huge issue.

Your other points I completely agree with.

I would be impressed if this were real. But I think that he burn't the launch video of smash bro's to a BluRay (So the icon looked like the game icon) Kept really old system software on the PS3 so the movie appeared under the game tab. Then pulled the PS3 apart for affect. 

He talks a bit about pins on the PCB and the "Bento" chip. But you don't see him actually do anything (and potentially ruin his PS3) Then it cuts to him putting a disc in.

Cell is around 2-3x as fast as Wii U's CPU, but the PS3's GPU is slower and older than the Wii U's. Then there's the fact that Wii U has 4x as much RAM as a PS3.

Yeah, upon looking at this again, it just reeks of bullshit. There's no way a simple modification like that is gonna make the PS3 be able to read and run Wii U games, considering how the Wii U has 1792MB more RAM than the PS3, a more powerful AMD GPU while the PS3 has a Nvidia GPU and of course the encryption keys, which the PS3 would not be able to read. The lack of HDD LED activity when the game "loads" is also a pretty telling sign. There's just no way this would work.

that's pretty interesting, I mean.. I have heard many people say the Wii U is just a bit higher end than the PS3..

CPU: PS3 >> Wii U

GPU: Wii U > PS3

RAM capacity: Wii U >>>> PS3

RAM bandwitdh: Wii U's 32MB eDRAM >>>>>>>>>>> PS3 256MB XDR > Wii U 2GB DDR3 = PS3 256MB GDDR3

Overall, PS3 is better.

No gameplay? Honestly that could just be a video of the Super Smash Bros. intro loaded onto a disc to play just for the sake of this vid...

"Rawr XD"

Remember the thread here a few days ago, about finding the original Sony PlayStation, that played SNES games? Well apparently Sony and Nintendo worked on the PS3 together as well, as the old PS3 had CafeOS mentions in it (Nintendo's OS). By installing the Bento chip into the blu ray drive, so it can understand WiiU game discs, the entire PS3 can natively run WiiU games it seems (although no gameplay was shown).

seems unlikely that Nintendo and Sony would work together on a console given how badly that partnership worked out.

How would the PS3 have an OS from years in the future. If anything Nintendo could have bought and modified an existing OS that could have some of the same calls that were included in the firmware. This is assuming this isn't made up BS. The animosity and that they are in direct compeitiion would prevent them from working together on a console.

Seems unlikely the drive would be able to read and play the discs, and unlikely that the chip can perform all the commands that are Nintendo specific.

Basically, while it seems cool and interesting if it did work/exist, it doesn't seem like it would or should work.

So next time I need a PS3, I know what to get. :P

Kinda useless though if you can't control the games. Can you also use the controllers on PS3? I doubt it...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why anyone would even begin to believe this is beyond me, it's so fake it hurts.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

CPU: PS3 >> Wii U

GPU: Wii U > PS3

RAM capacity: Wii U >>>> PS3

RAM bandwitdh: Wii U's 32MB eDRAM >>>>>>>>>>> PS3 256MB XDR > Wii U 2GB DDR3 = PS3 256MB GDDR3

Overall, PS3 is better.

The PS3 is much harder to code games for so the hardware advantage over the Xbox 360 and Wii U is usually nullified by that.

The PS3 is much harder to code games for so the hardware advantage over the Xbox 360 and Wii U is usually nullified by that.

Put But it does have the best price/performance ratio of any console.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Put it does have the best price/performance ratio of any console.

Get the PS3 for exclusives, not multiplats. My brother cant even finish his Fallout New Vegas save because his PS3 crashes after 10-30 minutes of game time. It has something to do with the size of your save file but I've never known anyone with an Xbox 360 that has had that problem. I myself have a New Vegas save game on 360 that has completed every quest in the game(including DLCs), and has every unique weapon in the game(Including DLC weapons) and the only problem I have is the same problem everyone else playing New Vegas has, random crashes.

Dolphin  worked better then the Wii ;) You could play Wii games in full HD.

Windows vista, windows 7.

Actually it has no windows support whatsoever. Just Linux. I still have a old phat one that can run linux but I'm too lazy to downgrade the firmware and do that. My computer and the secondary one in my room make it hot enough. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

No gameplay? Honestly that could just be a video of the Super Smash Bros. intro loaded onto a disc to play just for the sake of this vid...

I agree, but his reason for this it that Nintendo have made copyright claims on his videos before.  :)

So next time I need a PS3, I know what to get. :P

Kinda useless though if you can't control the games. Can you also use the controllers on PS3? I doubt it...

From what I've heard, they will try and mod support for it.  :) If it's even real  ;)

Actually it has no windows support whatsoever. Just Linux. I still have a old phat one that can run linux but I'm too lazy to downgrade the firmware and do that. My computer and the secondary one in my room make it hot enough. :P

Well if you run windows in qemu via linux Windows in Linux via qemu... I know it wasn't usable but it still technically ran.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

For ports, sure. A properly coded Wii U game could easily look better than either of them, though. 

-

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

He's talking about otherOS in ps3

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

For ports, sure. A properly coded Wii U game could easily look better than either of them, though. 

Yeah that's true. The Wii U is pretty much just 7.2 gen lol.